Serie A 2019/20 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa
So are they really serious about that new system proposal or it's already been downplayed or is it some sort of vote waiting to happen soon or just in general what's the exact status of it all atm?

I'm really a bit confused if it's just some bs ADL is trying to push forward or it's something the FIGC really has on the table.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,465
    So are they really serious about that new system proposal or it's already been downplayed or is it some sort of vote waiting to happen soon or just in general what's the exact status of it all atm?

I'm really a bit confused if it's just some bs ADL is trying to push forward or it's something the FIGC really has on the table.
    it's an idea.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms: "We are working with the Federation towards the path of Serie A play-offs & play-outs, to break up the damaging consistency of the last nine years"

What the fuck? Hahahahaha
    Well playoff arent so bad. We have 20 teams in serie A. Then first 10 teams fight for title, and Europe, last 10 teams fight for relegation. It would be fun.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Well playoff arent so bad. We have 20 teams in serie A. Then first 10 teams fight for title, and Europe, last 10 teams fight for relegation. It would be fun.
    The thing is, playoffs invalidate huge portions of the regular season. Why try to win games if you can win the title from 6th place?

Look at this for example. LAFC was easily the best team over the course of the year, but instead it went to 4th place Seattle because they beat them in ONE game in the playoffs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Major_League_Soccer_season#Overall_table

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    The tried relegating us, they brought in VAR and now they want playoffs because they can't beat us over the course of a league.

Weak mentality from whoever proposed this and it is that sort of attitude that has helped us win 9 in a row.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    The tried relegating us, they brought in VAR and now they want playoffs because they can't beat us over the course of a league.

Weak mentality from whoever proposed this and it is that sort of attitude that has helped us win 9 in a row.
    Exactly, beat them with play offs too.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    The thing is, playoffs invalidate huge portions of the regular season. Why try to win games if you can win the title from 6th place?

Look at this for example. LAFC was easily the best team over the course of the year, but instead it went to 4th place Seattle because they beat them in ONE game in the playoffs.
    Could work in our favor in cl.
    Less important matches down the stretch of the season.
    As you said .We can play for 5th 6th place and prepare for cl, until the playoffs start.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017

Let's say before play off we have 10 points more than 2nd place. And we have to play 18 more games with teams who are from postion 2-9. I'm not talking about NBA style play off.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006

Playoffs can make the regular season more significant. Perhaps not as elongated as MLB but something to the tune where there is equal weight added to each match. Additionally, the economic benefits are also not to be overlooked. Increased viewership volume, minimized losses from unsold ticketing inventory, potential for greater sponsor ad rates

If done right it would be a great experiment

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    As you said .We can play for 5th 6th place and prepare for cl, until the playoffs start.
    Perhaps. But to me this cheapens the league even more in its place. It's just not something I'm really a fan of overall.
    Let's say before play off we have 10 points more than 2nd place. And we have to play 18 more games with teams who are from postion 2-9. I'm not talking about NBA style play off.
    Playoffs can make the regular season more significant. Perhaps not as elongated as MLB but something to the tune where there is equal weight added to each match. Additionally, the economic benefits are also not to be overlooked. Increased viewership volume, minimized losses from unsold ticketing inventory, potential for greater sponsor ad rates

If done right it would be a great experiment
    I'm only really familiar with how MLS and the NBA do it to be honest, so that's the template I have in my head.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Surely the playoffs would be towards the end of the season when the big CL games would take place. I'd rather avoid games to win the title at the same time as a CL quarter, semi or final.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)