Serie A 2019/20 (135 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Let's hold a turkish bazaar instead.

- - - Updated - - -

What I did applaud however, is that in so called 'racist countries' race isn't made a sacred cow that can never ever be talked or thought of. In Italy you ask somebody to describe a black guy vs a white guy the person will say 'well one is black the other one is white'. In Germany when you ask somebody to do the same, they will reply 'one is taller one is shorter'.
I don't know a single person who'd give you the german answer. You'll get to hear the italian one 10/10. Just don't surround yourself with idiots.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
there really is nothing racist about the headline but it was still a dumb idea considering we live in such hypersensitive sensationalist times they should know better. hats off to them for not caving tho

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
That headline :rofl:
It reminds me of when Berlusconi called Obama tanned. It’s just like really old people who still calls Afro-American the N-word, cause that’s what they learned and how it used to be. Today, none of the remarks are meant to degrade black people, but they know still haven’t realised that.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The Corriere dello Sport responded angrily to accusations of racism for its headlines, but in so doing claimed they were the victims of a “lynching.”

The controversy exploded on Thursday morning when their front page headline was ‘Black Friday’, referring to Friday evening’s Inter v Roma match and the star names, Romelu Lukaku and Chris Smalling.

Despite both players and their clubs pointing out this was at best “highly insensitive” and at worst outright racist, the newspaper and their editor Ivan Zazzaroni doubled down.

They accused their detractors of having ulterior motives to spark controversy, suggested Roma and Milan only boycotted them because there were no interviews organised in the first place, then that other Serie A clubs had “called to show us solidarity.”

Now Friday’s edition of the national sports newspaperjust seems set to cause even more damage with another extremely poor choice of words.

“Who are you calling racist? Lynching of a newspaper that for a Century has defended liberty and equality,” is the headline.

They have a collage of past Corriere dello Sport headlines about the scourge of racism and an op-ed by editor Zazzaroni.

“Black Friday, for those who want to and can understand it, was just a way of praising difference, the magnificent richness of difference. If you don’t understand that, it’s because either you can’t or are putting it on.

“Black Friday is the innocent headline of a newspaper, ours, that for almost a Century has been passionately and obstinately defending the values of sport. And yet it has been transformed into poison by those who have poison within them.”

cordec6.jpg

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The only time I've seen Juve give a statement of some sort was when Ronaldo had the rape allegation basically saying he was a model professional so he might not be a rapist which was hilarious (I for sure don’t think he's a rapist but that apology was atrocious). Otherwise we're silent
It was a legal statement, prepared by juve's lawyers.

It Italy, we've said many times perpetrators in stadiums should be pinpointed & punished accordingly instead of random curva bans.

In Europe, one of the set of protocols uefa follows is a from a study that was led by us.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a leading question, with the underlying assumption that the newspaper was hostile towards these players and that my comment approved of a hostile message towards them.

Neither is the case as you can see. What I did applaud however, is that in so called 'racist countries' race isn't made a sacred cow that can never ever be talked or thought of. In Italy you ask somebody to describe a black guy vs a white guy the person will say 'well one is black the other one is white'. In Germany when you ask somebody to do the same, they will reply 'one is taller one is shorter'. Race realism is a substantial achievement to still have preserved in a time when, after the 2015 refugee wave, violent crimes with foreigner involvement have multiplied by 5 on avg (In Germany). It might become a defense tool used to identify the real threat, to preserve the survival of european people. (not 'white culture' whatever that means. Swedes don't have the same culture as Dutch etc)
Ok boomer

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not olive oil, I'm coconut oil :sigh: Every summer when I go to the beach I get a new nevus on my skin. :cry:
I can tell

- - - Updated - - -

a bad choice but read the article:

"Lukaku and Smalling , ex team-mates at United and todays idols of Inter and Rome . The challenge inside tomorrow’s challenge: Scudetto and Champson’s league on sale (black Friday as of sales) They learnt to to value each other and took strong positions against racism, They’re symbols of two team that compared to last year have +8points And they wont lose them. In the face of all idiots that “buu”, tomorrow we all should make “oohh” (like impressed children). It will play a big Black Friday: but they’re not end of years sales, not remnants of a championship but a long season to live. Let’s look at Inter-Roma through the personal challenge , considering the friendship and their roles on the pitch, of two giants of color.

last line is a bit cringy
:rofl:

The article is just as bad, funny, & racist as the headline. This is like a racist person's idea of what not racist is. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
there really is nothing racist about the headline but it was still a dumb idea considering we live in such hypersensitive sensationalist times they should know better. hats off to them for not caving tho
I agree.

It’s stupid and a bit cringeworthy but I don’t see a massive amount of racism in it

Now if if it said “Battle of the monkey negroes” or some disgusting shit like that, that would be racist.

Fuck this hypersensitive culture that surrounds EVERYTHING these days.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I agree.

It’s stupid and a bit cringeworthy but I don’t see a massive amount of racism in it

Now if if it said “Battle of the monkey negroes” or some disgusting shit like that, that would be racist.

Fuck this hypersensitive culture that surrounds EVERYTHING these days.
the reactions aren't hypersensitive though. it's just that the headline looks like a bigot piece of shit realized that it's time to jump on the anti-racist bandwagon and came up with a so-called trendy headline. it completely missed the point. the story is an interesting one: two ex-teammates at manure fighting each other in a derby. but dai was right: why even care about both being black?

thing is that zazzaroni is just an old school italian journalist, and a bad one at it. he couldn't even realize what's wrong with that title and defended himself saying "racist what? i've been a journo for 40 years, i can't be wrong, fuck off wankers". he can retire as far as i'm concerned.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Cds is funny. You make an article to celebrate two black players, both guys you tried to hype come out and condemn your approach, yet instead of swallowing your pride, you cry about some large conspiracy lol

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Maldini:

“This club is about passion, elegance and ambition,” the club legend-turned-technical director told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We have fallen several times, always getting back up. We will do that this time too.”

“We have always been considered a technical team, trying to offer top-quality football.”

trying it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)