Serie A 2019/20 (57 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Lazio don't have any depth in their team. If the fist XI doesn't get the job done they're dead. No real options to rotate the squad either.
i'd rather give credit to verona. i don't remember seeing them too many times this season, but god, are they well organised. every single time a defender lost a duel to a lazio player, an other verona player arrived to the rescue. they remained compact for 95 minutes, didn't panic for a second, they laughed at lazio's pressure, countered with ease, ran like crazy even in the stoppages. no wonder they have one of the best defensive record in the league this season. they need a striker though.

Jun 6, 2015
i'd rather give credit to verona. i don't remember seeing them too many times this season, but god, are they well organised. every single time a defender lost a duel to a lazio player, an other verona player arrived to the rescue. they are remained compact for 95 minutes, didn't panic for a second, they laughed at lazio's pressure, countered with ease, ran like crazy even in the stoppages. no wonder they have one of the best defensive record in the league this season. they need a striker though.
They indeed looked convincing tonight. Luis Alberto did hit the post twice, but other than that they kept Lazio pretty quiet.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Verona we perfect tactically, they locked down the midfield really well and if they had a decent striker they'd have won today. To beat Lazio you need to pack the midfield, when we played in the Supercoppa we left a huge gap between the defence and midfield lines so we struggled.

When we played Napoli, their wingers would sit in midfield to make a 5 so when we had possession we didn't create anything. I can see Napoli and Inter beating Lazio by packing the midfield then hitting hard on the counter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He said they had 27 shots on goal. From who's ass is he pulling those numbers lol
lol they had 18 against verona's 14 actually. they were unlucky with those 2 l.alberto shots that were denied by the woodwork, but the also ran plenty of risks to go behind especially in the last 20-30 minutes. draw was a surprisingly fair result.

dryatson

Feb 2, 2020
Should we just go and buy Luis Alberto, or he’s not good enough especially physically speaking?
Depend of the price... He's better than Bernadeschi and I guess he will be more suitable than Khedira and Ramsey to be b2b midfielder or Trequartista, respectively. So basically, he ins't a world class player but he could be a good rotation player able to fit flexible formation (4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2). At 27 years old, it would be the perfect time for a transfer... but how much Lotito will ask for him ? If the tag price is over 40 millions, pass. But below, like 25-30m... why not ?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Next Round:
Verona vs Juventus (We saw Verona are no pushovers - It will be tough to get all 3 points)
Inter vs Milan (Derby of Milano which means Milan will try extra hard and might take a draw)
Parma vs Lazio (SMS suspended so they might drop points there..)

I think this is a relatively balanced round as all three have a team that could issue a challenge for them..
My bets are 1-2 , 2-0, 1-1

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So check this...
It's a table with the results of our serie A matches for each of our players. For example, if we play SPAL and we lead 3:0 after 80 minutes but it ends 3:1, those players who played full 90 minutes get a win and 3:1 goal difference, those who played until it was 3:0 get a win and 3:0 GD, while those who entered at 3:0, get a defeat and a 0:1 GD, or those who entered at 3:1 get a draw and 0:0 GD.
The stats for the starters are, as one could expect, similar to Juve's overall record in serie A. As for the others, we can notice that we are doing excellent with Demiral, Ramsey and Rabiot on the pitch, but check those numbers on Bernardeschi and Can. Even Danilo and Khedira :wallbang:
Can even managed to have 3 defeats when Juve had 1 :lol:

https://ibb.co/8PL5dPh

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So check this...
It's a table with the results of our serie A matches for each of our players. For example, if we play SPAL and we lead 3:0 after 80 minutes but it ends 3:1, those players who played full 90 minutes get a win and 3:1 goal difference, those who played until it was 3:0 get a win and 3:0 GD, while those who entered at 3:0, get a defeat and a 0:1 GD, or those who entered at 3:1 get a draw and 0:0 GD.
The stats for the starters are, as one could expect, similar to Juve's overall record in serie A. As for the others, we can notice that we are doing excellent with Demiral, Ramsey and Rabiot on the pitch, but check those numbers on Bernardeschi and Can. Even Danilo and Khedira :wallbang:

did you do it? i already prepared similar stats for previous seasons, but only with individual players, since it takes a hell lot of time, either building a proper database, or finding the stats per games per players. either way, good job, thanks for sharing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
did you do it? i already prepared similar stats for previous seasons, but only with individual players, since it takes a hell lot of time, either building a proper database, or finding the stats per games per players. either way, good job, thanks for sharing.
I did it. Takes like 30 minutes. I used Football Italia.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprisingly disappointing numbers for De Ligt too. He has 4 defeats when Juve has 2. But nothing in these stats strikes as much as the comparison between Bernardeschi and Ramsey. They are playing the same position.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
So check this...
Can even managed to have 3 defeats when Juve had 1 :lol:

These kind of stats are always going to be worse for players who get substituted in. For example most of Sami's draws are because he was substituted in from the bench. I would imagine it's the same for Bernardeschi too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
These kind of stats are always going to be worse for players who get substituted in. For example most of Sami's draws are because he was substituted in from the bench. I would imagine it's the same for Bernardeschi too.
that's an other angle indeed. that's why i used to do separate stats for appearances as a starter and as a sub. and players who play more have more realistic stats, see rugani and chiellini with one single appearance each. also, per minute (or per 90 min) metrics are more comparable. still, useful stuff @Alen , it confirms what we already knew about berna and can being our worst players this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)