Serie A 2019/20 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Napoli Reach Deal With Hellas Verona Over Inter Target Kumbulla.

Napoli have reached an agreement with Hellas Verona over the permanent transfer of young defender Marash Kumbulla according to a report in today’s print edition of Gazzetta dello Sport.Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli reached a deal with Hellas Verona for the Albanian international defender to join in the Summer in a deal worth €24 million in total.The move has however not been finalised because Kumbulla is yet to give his blessing to the move and the report from the Milan based newspaper goes on to suggest that this is because Inter have been keeping tabs on him for some time.Kumbulla is one of the most promising defenders in Serie A at the moment and has earned himself a lot of praise with his performances for the Gialloblu this season.This season he has made 15 appearances across all competitions to date. In 1221 minutes on the field, he has scored a single goal.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think the next few games will be the first true test of Conte's Inter and their Scudetto credentials. Things have mostly gone their so far but, here, they hit their first run of bad form, Juventus have opened a gap on top, Lautaro is suspended and in the next three games they play a Derby and a very tough away fixture against Lazio

This is the time when Inter sides of recent years would crumble, Scudetto dreams evaporate and they would be fighting simply to remain in the CL places.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think the next few games will be the first true test of Conte's Inter and their Scudetto credentials. Things have mostly gone their so far but, here, they hit their first run of bad form, Juventus have opened a gap on top, Lautaro is suspended and in the next three games they play a Derby and a very tough away fixture against Lazio

This is the time when Inter sides of recent years would crumble, Scudetto dreams evaporate and they would be fighting simply to remain in the CL places.
January has been a cold month for Inter, they drew 3 times.

May 23, 2013
Lukaku, Eriksen, Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar, Alexis Sanchez, Lautaro, Handanovic etc

With players like these, this Inter side is most definitely the strongest competition we've had during this run of league titles. On paper at least.

Add to that the rise of Lazio, Atalanta etc I would say this league as a whole is stronger than it was during the entirety of the 2010's. Serie A has a bright future for the 2020's.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lukaku, Eriksen, Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar, Alexis Sanchez, Lautaro, Handanovic etc

With players like these, this Inter side is most definitely the strongest competition we've had during this run of league titles. On paper at least.

Add to that the rise of Lazio, Atalanta etc I would say this league as a whole is stronger than it was during the entirety of the 2010's. Serie A has a bright future for the 2020's.
It is very likely that they will be our main rival in the foreseeable future, atleast as long as they have Beppe in charge.

I do hope that all the proposed new stadiums get completed atleast in this decade. To think that Roma's new stadium should have been ready in time for Euro 2020...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Godin and Alexis :lol:

Finished, and I mean FINISHED players

Their versions of Khedira and Matuidi

May 23, 2013
Acc to some, Napoli is better on paper.

:lol2:
I can only imagine who those "some" are :grin:

But nah Napoli def does not and did not have a better team on paper than this Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very likely that they will be our main rival in the foreseeable future, atleast as long as they have Beppe in charge.

I do hope that all the proposed new stadiums get completed atleast in this decade. To think that Roma's new stadium should have been ready in time for Euro 2020...
I agree and it's kinda great if you think about it. Breaking Inter's heart season after season will make the scudetto far more enjoyable.

I remember hearing about Roma's stadium plans way back in 2012, crazy that they haven't got it done yet.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Beppe has managed to re-establish a 2nd top team in Italy within a space of a year. It seems like he's become an expert at rebuilding clubs. Top players wanting to play in this league have an alternative option other than Juventus where they can continue playing at a high level and this is all down to Beppe's solid work.

It is such a shame that club had to be Inter though.
The Chinese funding has helped massively with this, that needs to also be noted.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The Chinese funding has helped massively with this, that needs to also be noted.
Without a doubt .

But compare them to a club like Milan who have spent more than half a billion Euros since their takeover and they havent gotten anywhere near the Top 4, heck not even the Top 6 at times....

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Tici go get him and send him on loan to Atalanta.

Kumbulla snubs Napoli for Inter
by Football Italia25 minutes ago
Verona’s Marash Kumbulla has reportedly rejected Napoli’s offer, as the defender wants Inter, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
The defender has impressed this season for the Gialloblu and therefore has been linked with moves away to some of the bigger sides in Italy.

Napoli have been in talks with Verona for a number of weeks, with a deal virtually agreed for next summer.
The Partenopei have agreed to pay €20m plus bonuses for the 19-year-old.
However, La Gazzetta journalist Nicolò Schira states that the defender has rejected the proposal.
Kumbulla is thought to be holding out on a potential move to Inter.
However, Schira states that things may change in the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)