Serie A 2018/19 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
matuidi is hard working, but relatively ineffective in getting the ball and in passing. i'd rather have someone who can actually tackle, win duels and pass the ball. (and that's probably why we got emre can for.)

Oct 4, 2011
You can hate him as long as you want , bar Pjanic he is better than all our midfielders.Anyway i hope he fails at Inter .Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really, he was shit last season and the downward spiral has began, you'll see this year.Also, bar pjanic, there were half a dozen other midfielders better than all our midfielders so fuck this pumpkin fucker and may he rot in mediocrity.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You can tell from his quotes and his Instagram that he did not want to leave Roma under any circumstance.

What better way to help your squad than by acquiring a player who doesn't want to be there. What could possibly go wrong.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
iirc nedved literally cried when lazio sold him to juve...
Yes, but at least he was making a step up in quality. Nedved knew that, and knew it was best for him and his career. Him being that upset was just pure emotion on his part

This, at best, is a lateral move for Radja. And I think he knows that too. He came out and basically said that this was not how he wanted his Roma adventure to end.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Commisso on verge for Milan
By Football Italia staff

Sky Sport Italia claim Rocco Commisso could agree a Milan takeover tomorrow, with Yonghong Li retaining 15-20 per cent of the stocks.

The US billionaire and New York Cosmos owner has made an offer to buy the club for €500m plus a guarantee to cover the €380m debt to hedge fund Elliott Management.

He would not be buying up 100 per cent of the club, at least not initially, with Yonghong Li retaining 15-20 per cent.

It’s reported these negotiations have been going on for 40-45 days already, largely in secret, while the Rossoneri battled UEFA and a Financial Fair Play punishment.

The first step in the takeover would see Commisso pay back the €32m that Elliott Management provided this week to increase the capital, as Yonghong Li missed his deadline.

Some reports suggest the deal could be done today, but most believe from tomorrow onwards is more realistic.

---

Best part is this guy is a self-professed ardent Juventus supporter growing up. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Milan buyer Commisso 'American Dream'
By Football Italia staff

Rocco Commisso, in talks to buy Milan, calls himself “the fulfilment of the American dream in all ways” and went from penniless immigrant Juventus fan to a $4.5bn fortune.

Multiple sources now state that Commisso is the US investor working with Goldman Sachs to purchase the majority shares in the club from Yonghong Li.

He has already done due diligence and is therefore a long way ahead of the other main contender, Tom Ricketts.

Commisso is already in the sport, as in 2017 he saved New York Cosmos from bankruptcy.

He is a member of the Forbes 400 for 2017 and made his fortune in cable, now transforming the same Mediacom company into a popular broadband provider.

"In the history of Italian immigration, in the business world, I don't think there's another one like me in the last 100 years,” he told Forbes Magazine.

He arrived in America unable to speak a word of English aged 12, having grown up in the Calabria region – the same area that current Milan Coach Gennaro Gattuso and director of sport Massimiliano Mirabelli are from – the son of a carpenter.

“I'm the fulfilment of the American dream in all ways,” added Commisso, who confessed in 2017 that he was thinking about setting down some Serie A roots.

After all, Roma, Venezia and Reggiana are all owned by Americans, while Bologna belong to Canadian Joey Saputo.

“I have been approached numerous times to buy an Italian team. Recently, the guy involved in selling AC Milan to the Chinese is a friend of mine, Sal Galatioto. We worked together many years ago at Royal Bank of Canada,” Commisso told We The Italians.

“In the initial stages, he asked me if I wanted to get involved, as he knows I have the financial resources and the interest in Italian soccer.

“About 17 years ago, I was asked to buy Sampdoria, the Serie A team from Genoa. After that, I was invited to be invest with De Benedetto and Pallotta to buy Roma.

“There have been calls to me from Pescara, Palermo, Catania, Reggina. Do you know why I turned them down? Because I am a loyal fan of Juventus since my youth playing soccer in the sandy beaches of Calabria.

“I have met the Agnelli, the Juventus owners, but frankly, they don’t need my money. My proposal to Juventus was not to buy the team. I wanted to do something similar to when Gadhafi from Libya bought a piece of Juventus 20-30 years ago.

“I truly would love, before I go bye-bye for good, to be able to say that I am the largest minority owner of Juventus: not to run it, because I think the Agnelli are phenomenal people and they’ve done a great job in leading Juventus to one of the top clubs in the world.”

Perhaps he has finally decided to buy up their Serie A rivals instead. After all, Silvio Berlusconi originally supported Inter before his 31-year tenure at San Siro.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
https://www.football-italia.net/123609/breaking-milan-sale

BREAKING: Milan sale is off

In a sudden and shocking turnaround, Yonghong Li has reportedly changed the terms with Rocco Commisso and wants to keep Milan.

====================================

Kek
thats great news!!!! unless you are a milan supporter

Yonghong Li is like that one guy who plays football manager, adds another manager to purposely fuck up a team

is FI seriously annoying anyone else right now with that splash screen advert blocking everything with no way to remove it?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He doesn't really suit us anymore if we are looking for a Vidal style mid. He had his worst season at Roma by far last year. And has in large part lost his motor. People thinking Naingollan is still some dominant B2B defensive stalwart, with decent attacking ability, a Vidal-type, are thinking of the Naingollan of 2-4 years ago. That version has vanished.

He averaged 1.6 tackles and 0.5 interceptions a match last season, numbers that have declined for the last couple years. He's improved the attacking element to his game and become much better going forward, and basically forgone defensive responsibility. Watching Roma the last 2 seasons, especially last year, it's quite obvious that he's no longer that physically dominant CM with an endless motor that he once was. He looks gassed all the time, and is nowhere near as involved. This past season he looked more like Khedira on the pitch than Vidal.

- - - Updated - - -

Not unusual for soem players to have a honeymoon period.

Matuidi neither got the physique, the brain, or the technique to improve our midfielder.
Matuidi turned into complete cack after his injury. He would probably be decent in our midfield, if we had Pjanic and Pogba or Pjanic and SMS as the other two, just tell him to run around and win balls back, but doesn't suit a mid 3 with Khedira and Pjanic at all.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
cant wait for inter fans to turn on nainggolan when he turns out to be nothing like they player they hoped he'd be. There's obviously a reason why Roma weren't too fussed about losing him, sold him at a good price for what he has left to give, perhaps its not so difficult to see why martinez didn't pick him for the wc team now

Oct 4, 2011
cant wait for inter fans to turn on nainggolan when he turns out to be nothing like they player they hoped he'd be. There's obviously a reason why Roma weren't too fussed about losing him, sold him at a good price for what he has left to give, perhaps its not so difficult to see why martinez didn't pick him for the wc team now
Stap,bald fuckface is the transfer of the season at that price so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)