Serie A 2017/18 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ADL blames Sarri for Scudetto loss
By Football Italia staff

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis openly blamed Coach Maurizio Sarri for losing the Scudetto. “If we always use the same players…”

The interview with Il Mattino newspaper seemed to lay the groundwork for Sarri’s exit this summer, amid reports of interest from Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

The Partenopei are four points behind Serie A leaders Juventus with three rounds to go and De Laurentiis refused to pin the blame on refereeing in the Bianconeri’s 3-2 victory at Inter.

“I don’t think that made much difference. What I do believe is that at the start of the season we had to begin training early because we were in the Champions League preliminary round and we just ran out of fuel,” the President told the Naples-based newspaper.

“It’s inevitable, unless of course you use all the players that you have in the squad… See, we could’ve had a breather at certain moments of the season, to better prepare the sprint finish. But if we always use the same players…

“Basically, if we hadn’t had injuries like the one to Faouzi Ghoulam, we’d never have discovered Mario Rui who, apart from the catastrophic errors against Roma, has been very good. But if you always use the same players…

“I don’t think the title race has been falsified. Many things happened on Saturday, as some of the choices made by the Inter Coach were also debatable and could well have decided the result.

“VAR was not used well or it wasn’t used at all, but there are also games before that which could’ve given us a bigger margin in the table. I don’t want VAR to be accused of being a bad thing, because I am and remain a supporter of it.

“What I do think is that we need decisions in the booth made not by other referees, but perhaps former Coaches.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
By Football Italia staff

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis openly blamed Coach Maurizio Sarri for losing the Scudetto. “If we always use the same players…”

The interview with Il Mattino newspaper seemed to lay the groundwork for Sarri’s exit this summer, amid reports of interest from Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

The Partenopei are four points behind Serie A leaders Juventus with three rounds to go and De Laurentiis refused to pin the blame on refereeing in the Bianconeri’s 3-2 victory at Inter.

“I don’t think that made much difference. What I do believe is that at the start of the season we had to begin training early because we were in the Champions League preliminary round and we just ran out of fuel,” the President told the Naples-based newspaper.

“It’s inevitable, unless of course you use all the players that you have in the squad… See, we could’ve had a breather at certain moments of the season, to better prepare the sprint finish. But if we always use the same players…

“Basically, if we hadn’t had injuries like the one to Faouzi Ghoulam, we’d never have discovered Mario Rui who, apart from the catastrophic errors against Roma, has been very good. But if you always use the same players…

“I don’t think the title race has been falsified. Many things happened on Saturday, as some of the choices made by the Inter Coach were also debatable and could well have decided the result.

“VAR was not used well or it wasn’t used at all, but there are also games before that which could’ve given us a bigger margin in the table. I don’t want VAR to be accused of being a bad thing, because I am and remain a supporter of it.

“What I do think is that we need decisions in the booth made not by other referees, but perhaps former Coaches.”
And the haters doubted Euromaxx conserve energry policy.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Season isn't over yet and they already blame each other, lul.

Watch Sarri blame ADL now for not signing anyone in January.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Napoli patron Aurelio De Laurentiis said there is “certainly a problem with referees and a sense of submission” towards Juventus. “Nothing happened after Calciopoli.”

The President gave a series of interviews to various different papers, including La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“There is certainly a problem with referees and a sense of submission towards Juventus, because the club is owned by the most powerful family in Italy. They should’ve come down hard after Calciopoli, instead nothing happened.

“Do you expect them to go up against the Agnelli family, against FIAT, against power? Before doing that, they’ll think it over 20,000 times.

“But the problem of poor refereeing is all over Europe. How is it possible that a handball isn’t seen in the box? I don’t know if Bayern Munich should’ve gone out of the Champions League to Real Madrid.

“And what about Roma? They were denied two penalties against Liverpool and at least deserved to play extra time.”

De Laurentiis was asked if he felt defrauded of a Scudetto following recent controversy in Inter 2-3 Juventus.

“I am sporting, I know how to play the game, I don’t like to put my guns on the table. Having said that, I do try to change the rules of the game. I say: be wary, by not giving credibility and taking away from the spectacle, we are only pushing people away from this sport.

“It’s only natural the referees are going to defend each other and their caste. The truth is that referees should not be part of the FIGC, they ought to be hired as freelancers and after three errors suspended.

“The clubs are the ones who finance everything and referees ought to be separate from all of that structure. I don’t want to think bad things, but it’s so obvious that something is not right.

“It’s not even just an issue of referees. UEFA and FIFA should depend on the ECA (European Club Association), because we put 6,000 players at their disposal and ought to have more say. The credibility of the sport is at stake.

“We in Italy have (UEFA refereeing designator Pierluigi) Collina against us.”

De Laurentiis also added to the discussion about VAR in a television interview with TV Luna.

“We could certainly have had a few more points if VAR had been used diligently. We’re missing a few penalties against a few other teams and the table would be more in our favour.

“I would take VAR away from referees and put some Coaches or technical judges in the booth, people who have nothing to do with the league. They just have to examine what happens on the field.

“I’d also give the Coaches two appeals each to call VAR into action if it doesn’t intervene automatically.”

He also elucidated on the issue of UEFA, Roma’s loss to Liverpool and Bayern Munich exiting to Real Madrid.

“What happened in Europe is disappointing, but behind football there is so much economic interest, sponsors and television stations. What would’ve been more important? A game between Roma and Bayern or one between Spanish and English sides? They are the two biggest countries in terms of revenue in football and get the highest ratings.

“When UEFA call the sponsors for next season’s Champions League, they might find them more easily, seeing the viewing figures earned with this Final.

“I would bring in VAR in Europe, but with the corrections I am proposing. Referees must be above all suspicion.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Same interview different source?

—-

ADL: 'VAR stinks in Italy and Europe' | Football Italia

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis claims they’d “be ahead of Juventus if VAR was used properly” and UEFA resistance to technology “stinks.”

The patron has been on a media blitz today, as interviews were released in Il Mattino, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Corriere dello Sport, La Repubblica and more.

This afternoon, he called in live for another discussion with Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli and immediately launched into the controversy after Inter 2-3 Juventus.

“The league has been falsified, but then it has been for years,” said De Laurentiis.

“We don’t want to think ill of anyone, but VAR has to be modified and the responsibility removed from the hands of referees. A referee must be equidistant.

“In order to avoid bad thoughts, I have to keep the figure of the referee untouched and prevent him from deciding. If something falls within the purview of the VAR officials in the booth, they must be the ones who tell the referee, not allow him to view it and decide for himself.

“We are suffering under a falsified league. This year the gap from Juventus has been whittled down and perhaps we’d be ahead if VAR was used properly.

“If these last three rounds were played in a climate of relaxation and joy, we’d bring home the results. I think we’ve been robbed of six to eight points…

“Let’s not put pressure on Sarri and the team, let’s continue to talk about their beautiful football and prove to be Napoli. Let’s prove to the others by removing bitterness and the desire for revenge at all costs: we must be proud of being Neapolitan, we’ve got an extra gear, so why should we inflict a defeat that is already moral?

“I wasn’t in football before 2004, but as soon as I arrived I said that there were things in Serie A and B that didn’t work. Then Calciopoli exploded in 2006.

“It’s not just an Italian problem, though, as when UEFA try to stop implementing VAR, that stinks. It means that certain interests are aimed towards getting more sponsors, more TV viewers and therefore more revenue.

“VAR should not be up to UEFA, but the ECA (European Club Association). Instead, they think that we’ll be happy with some loose change and keep the same four or five most important clubs happy.

“If I only see English and Spanish sides in the Champions League Final, I can aim at 2.5bn worldwide viewers and sell it better to the sponsors.”

- - - Updated - - -

So this is basically Napoli conceding defeat?
@Bianconero_Aus :touched:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Keep in mind, none of these people actually believe we exert some control over referees. If they did, then why exactly would they even participate in this league? In the hope we suck so much one year that not even referees can help us?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
ADL is such an unbelievable moron. There have been years where we have had the rub of the green in the league but this is not one of them.

http://m.calciomercato.com/news/moviola-classifica-dei-favori-arbitrali-47060

Napoli second biggest beneficiary of ref mistakes this year at +4 (4 in favour, 0 against).

Juventus tied for third most harmed by ref mistakes this year at -3 (4 in favour, 7 against).

But Napoli would be ahead if ref errors corrected... :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Keep in mind, none of these people actually believe we exert some control over referees. If they did, then why exactly would they even participate in this league? In the hope we suck so much one year that not even referees can help us?
They absolutely do. You always want to find excuses did your progress especially the ones your can't control. They repeated this since 1998 that's now become the absolute truth for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I enjoy reading all these excuses. It's the same "poor downtrodden southern upstarts against the wealthy and influential northern powerhouse" routine each time. But then, again, we see Farsopoli mentioned again and again, they angle for it and encourage the talk because it was a glorious time to be a loser. Lose and win. Far easier than putting in the hard work to win yourself.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If VAR was used better, we would've won the title mid-April.

Last month alone they got 3 favorable calls, one of which Mertens didn't convert, starting with the last min winner vs Sassuolo where their LB was fouled.

That Mertens "goal" in December was one of the worst ref errors of this season.

(Media either barely mentions them or don't mention them at all of course. Compare that to the brain cells reducing outrage this week.)

I want whatever edible ADL sucks on.

- - - Updated - - -

we must be proud of being Neapolitan, we’ve got an extra gear, so why should we inflict a defeat that is already moral?
Wot?

Claiming a moral scudetto?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I enjoy reading all these excuses. It's the same "poor downtrodden southern upstarts against the wealthy and influential northern powerhouse" routine each time. But then, again, we see Farsopoli mentioned again and again, they angle for it and encourage the talk because it was a glorious time to be a loser. Lose and win. Far easier than putting in the hard work to win yourself.
Morality scudetto :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

By Football Italia staff

ADL is completely insane:

Napoli patron Aurelio De Laurentiis wants Maurizio Sarri to stay, but warns the Coach could “risk a huge disappointment at a richer club.”

The media blitz has seen him give interviews to several newspapers and television stations, so this afternoon he called in live to Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

It seems as if the President is laying the groundwork for Sarri’s departure, with Chelsea and Arsenal interested in the Coach.

“I chose Maurizio three years ago and I remember some in the ultras put up posters complaining that I had chosen him. Sarri has done well, he studied football for many years in the lower leagues before coming to Empoli in Serie A.

“Then he came here. Obviously, in previous years he had never dealt with a large squad with many different nationalities. He’s not a man for the transfer market, he always said that, but if you don’t let these lads play, it’s dissipating their growth and the quality of the team.

“If I look at the minutes played by Marko Rog, Amadou Diawara, even Mario Rui, who without Faouzi Ghoulam’s injury would never have played. Mario Rui gave his soul and proved how much he loves the jersey.

“I am fond of Sarri and I don’t like divorces: but if he tells me again that he wants stars… my dear, we have stars, but cannot afford those who play for Manchester City or Real Madrid. Serie A has a third of the revenue of the Premier League.

“With Sarri there is a lot of work, he is a genius, but can still improve by 300 per cent. He is a man full of doubts, on how much he should earn and where he should work. He has doubts on whether his work at Napoli is done or not. I tell him to stay calm, because this is his home and he has no enemies here. We want him with us.

“However, if he no longer felt happy here, I wouldn’t oblige him to stay, even if I love him. If someone convinces him to go elsewhere, and pay the release clause, then I can’t say no.

“It happened with Gonzalo Higuain and since then I avoid clauses, or at least make them valid only for abroad.”

De Laurentiis said that Antonio Conte would be an ideal heir to Sarri at Napoli, while Carlo Ancelotti was also linked.

“Conte is a friend, I admire him a great deal. There are many fine Coaches in Europe and all over the world, it’d be a shame to lose what we have built up in terms of football beauty.

“The Great Beauty won the Oscar, Sarri hasn’t yet and he could still win it. Winning at Napoli feels so much more satisfying, as everyone is against you. It’s different when success is to be taken for granted.

“Ancelotti has been a friend for a very long time. He’s a wonderful person and made history in football. Someone like Ancelotti must never be doubted, but why are you trying to make me change Coach? Sarri must continue his growth process and I hope he ends it here, then he can go where he wants afterwards.

“Who knows, he could go to a richer club and after a year risk a huge disappointment.”

De Laurentiis also confirmed they are discussing a contract to build a training ground for the summer months in “Inner Mongolia.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You can tell he is angry and wants to blame Sarri for losing the scudetto, cause he himself brought in the necessary players but he definitely doesn't want Sarri to leave because they won't do better without him but can't resist taking a shot at Sarri multiple times.

I guess that is just what being an intellectually honest paladin looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)