Serie A 2017/18 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Woj at Roma as good as De Gea and Neuer :lol:
Sometimes you're close to being objective, but it does happen that you undermine all things related to Juve in an attempt to look objective - like this time.

Szczesny is comparable to those two. Not in terms of hype but in terms of what they provide

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sometimes you're close to being objective, but it does happen that you undermine all things related to Juve in an attempt to look objective - like this time.

Szczesny is comparable to those two. Not in terms of hype but in terms of what they provide
It’s been his M.O on this forum for a very long time now. Don’t even bother with him anymore.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Woj was easily a top 5 keeper in the world last season. He was brilliant. And he's continued that form here at Juve. I'd say he's a season or 2 consistency away from being placed fully in that top group of keepers, especially given his inconsistency before last season, but for the last 18 months he's definitely been on that level.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, Alisson is (by far) the best keeper in the world this season. Roma are sitting on a goldmine with him.
His development this year after a rather poor Europa campaign last year is insane. He's been brilliant. Him and De Gea are No. 1 and 2 in my books so far this year. Bunch of keepers like Szczesny close behind.

- - - Updated - - -

I fear for his life @Post Ironic
He's alright. He's just gonna go make love desperately.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Neuer.

Out for 10 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

But we are to be lolled at for not rating the true original egyptian G.O.A.T. Mo Salah back in the days :howler:

Woj is up there with the best, and even if there are a few who are a slightly better - it wouldn't justify us to spend big on a goalie. We are set.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

How on earth are anyone capable of being objective when evaluating a football player?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It’s been his M.O on this forum for a very long time now. Don’t even bother with him anymore.
Its because very often people on a Juve/football forum will naturally overhype their own players. This is no worse than the shit people post on Redcafe that we so readily mock about Lingard, Rashford and young.

- - - Updated - - -

I am confident that you believed he was on par with De Gea and Oblak last season (i.e. just as good as the best in the world) when he was a Roma player. You (and those commenting here) didnt start believing he is that good after he had a few very good performances with us this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, Alisson is (by far) the best keeper in the world this season. Roma are sitting on a goldmine with him.
Although I dont see him as by far better if at all than De Gea he has been very impressive and up there with the best. But dont pretend you thought the same of Woj last season.

- - - Updated - - -

Neuer.

Out for 10 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

But we are to be lolled at for not rating the true original egyptian G.O.A.T. Mo Salah back in the days :howler:

Woj is up there with the best, and even if there are a few who are a slightly better - it wouldn't justify us to spend big on a goalie. We are set.
That is a good point and I agree with you there. Take a quick look at the first few pages of the his player thread and you'll see that almost everyone thought that he is a good buy for the price but was not regarded at the time to be best in the world. The consensus was getting him for peanuts is better than breaking the bank over Donnarumma or Oblak etc.. Not that he was already at Neuer Oblak and De Gea level.

btw you (and others) were being loled at for holding Caudrado in higher regard. No one including myself thought Salah will become as good as he is now.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Everytime I see people say De Gea makes amazing saves it's just a regular save that you expect any good keeper to make

I'm not saying De Gea is bad but people are very quick to praise him for saves Buffon has made without a sweat throughout his whole career

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There are keepers who don't need to make a lot of stunning saves because their positioning is so good. Buffon is the classic example of someone who naturally has this quality, but I see something similar with Alisson.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I am confident that you believed he was on par with De Gea and Oblak last season (i.e. just as good as the best in the world) when he was a Roma player. You (and those commenting here) didnt start believing he is that good after he had a few very good performances with us this season.
I haven't seen much from Szczesny last season, although his hype did sell him as the best keeper in Serie A. Therefore I can't say for sure if he was comparable to Neuer and De Gea last season, but from what I've seen of him this season he does compare at the moment and it reallly isn't far fetched to think he was with Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)