Serie A 2017/18 (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I seen they talked about splitting a game into quarters but 90 minutes doesn't split equally in 4 unless you blew on 22.5 minutes which is just weird and probably quarters is too many breaks

It was going to be like 2 quarters of 20 minutes and 2 of 25 minute

Too fucking dumb to consider splitting it into thirds which would be a better decision than quarters and evenly splits into 30 minute segments

Too many idiots making decisions in football these days

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I seen they talked about splitting a game into quarters but 90 minutes doesn't split equally in 4 unless you blew on 22.5 minutes which is just weird and probably quarters is too many breaks

Too fucking dumb to consider splitting it into thirds which would be a better decision than quarters and evenly splits into 30 minute segments

Too many idiots making decisions in football these days
are you referring to what van basten suggested at the start of the season along with abolishing the offside rule? if so he's basing it off what Field hockey did

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
are you referring to what van basten suggested at the start of the season along with abolishing the offside rule? if so he's basing it off what Field hockey did
Yes

I think the game would be a mess without offside

I would like to see a couple of games without offside just to see what it's like but I think it would take away from football if offside was removed

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes

I think the game would be a mess without offside

I would like to see a couple of games without offside just to see what it's like but I think it would take away from football if offside was removed
Actually similar was said when Hockey abolished the offside rule like 20 years ago, people thought that players would literally goal hang and do nothing which is far from the case. If anything it has opened up the game a great deal, but the sport is forever changing with new rules implemented to make the game faster every 2 years, for example the self passing rule on free hits was a major rule change. But anyhow Van Basten much like Cruijff based a lot of what 'Total football' is from hockey and basically trying to follow suit with the rules of the game too.

The idea of the matches split into quarters for Field hockey is really more to do with the intensity of the matches especially in hot conditions more than anything. Outside of internationals and premier European hockey the sport is still played in 2 halves

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Actually similar was said when Hockey abolished the offside rule like 20 years ago, people thought that players would literally goal hang and do nothing which is far from the case. If anything it has opened up the game a great deal, but the sport is forever changing with new rules implemented to make the game faster every 2 years, for example the self passing rule on free hits was a major rule. But anyhow Van Basten much like Cruijff based a lot of what 'Total football' is from hockey and basically trying to follow suit with the rules of the game too.
It would be interesting to see how it would play out, i'm not against changes but it seems like it takes them too long to make changes and then all of a sudden a big wave of changes coming at once might be too much

Seeing the way VAR has been implemented and how they are fucking up such a simple system really gets me worried when they throw out all these ideas

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's professional field hockey?
In Belgium it's considered a rich man's game. Basically it's something rich kids play, when they realise they suck at football or football is too 'rough' for them. But because their parents are loaded I am sure they manage to pay the best players.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, but afaik it's what the girls play because ice hockey is too dangerous
That makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

In Belgium it's considered a rich man's game. Basically it's something rich kids play, when they realise they suck at football or football is too 'rough' for them. But because their parents are loaded I am sure they manage to pay the best players.
So like Matt said, it's for girls. :p

True.

I would never watch hockey, but playing it seems even worse.
Hockey is actually a lot of fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)