Serie A 2017/18 (127 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
sarri :touched: i wonder what he could do with a squad that's revamped every single summer

- - - Updated - - -

why would you aim for one single trophy with a club that haven't won anything important in ages? :baus: napoli would have a decent shot at the el trophy if they were dedicated enough.
Serie A is a bigger trophy for them

They only have one team to beat to the league and have the advantage

Focusing on 2 titles will reduce their chances of winning either

Scudetto is their best chance of a major trophy and also the best one they can win

I would never prioritise the league over an EL it's a lesser competition

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
They have a good chance of winning the league why give yourself less of a chance of winning the league?
If we are to follow this debate on your line of thinking, than why would any other team even keep on competing in any cup competitions if their objective is solely to win their respective league?

If they do get knocked out by Leipzig in EL after being knocked out of UCL by Feyenoord and Shakthar, that's solely gonna be a clear sign of their limitations both as a team and in terms of their mentally weak coach.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If we are to follow this debate on your line of thinking, than why would any other team even keep on competing in any cup competitions if their objective is solely to win their respective league?

If they do get knocked ouy by Leipzig in EL after being knocked out of UCL by Feyenoord/Shakhtar, that's solely gonna be a clear sign of their limitations both as a team and in terms of their mentally weak coach.
Look at their squad depth

It's quite obvious why they are going to put all their eggs in one basket

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
If they do get knocked ouy by Leipzig in EL after being knocked out of UCL by Feyenoord and Shakthar, that's solely gonna be a clear sign of their limitations both as a team and in terms of their mentally weak coach.
On what basis do you find Sarri a mentally weak coach?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
That's not being weak mentally. That's being tactical inflexible and stubborn.
Ok, than i can rephrase it, in my opinion he is a mentally limited coach.

Whatever we call it, don't get me wrong, he indeed is a good coach and all with a fascinating story behind him but some here are just making him out to be much more than he really is, i just can't agree with those finding excuses for each of Sarri's underachievements while some of the exact same people that are overpraising Sarri here are also some of the ones that keep bashing Allegri with every chance they get...

Let's try to be a bit more balanced with some of our statements to say the least... :tup:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Let's try to be a bit more balanced with some of our statements to say the least... :tup:
Black/white interpretation requires the least amount of comprehension, that's why we often see these type of statements.

Oh, and I think you are using the term "mentally" wrong. He's a tactically limited and naive coach, not mentally. But that's semantics.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No, they are nothing like us under Conte.

I am aware of the fact they have a solely Seria A oriented team and mentally weak coach, but after being humiliated out of the UCL group stage, should they not at least be competitive in this 'second tier competition' instead of embarrassing italian football wherever they go?
I don't think they'd be embarrassing Italian football, no one gives a shit about EL. How old are you if I may ask?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Only Juventus protest like this’ | Football Italia

Fiorentina vice-President Gino Salica hits out at Juventus after the controversial VAR incident on Friday - “only certain teams are allowed to protest like that”.

The Viola were given a penalty for a handball by Giorgio Chiellini, which was fiercely protested by Miralem Pjanic.

While Jordan Veretout was waiting to take the kick, the officials consulted the replay and, after three minutes, decided that there had been an offside in the build-up.

“It’s unacceptable that only certain teams are allowed to protest like that,” Salica fumed, as quoted by calciomercato.com.

“We talk every day about a lack of credibility in Italian football, the fact we didn’t qualify for the World Cup, the Lega and the FIGC being under commissionership, and then if we put these incidents in too I think it’s really tough.

“All of Italy saw what happened. We at Fiorentina wondered: why do they allow this.

“We debated the question of what to do against Juventus for a long time. We probably would have been comfortable making a big scene and stigmatising the behaviour of the Juventus players toward the referee on the occasion of the first penalty awarded to Juventus for the Chiellini handball.

“We thought about it and decided to follow another course.

“The game was already lost, and maybe the fans will have the impression that the club is absent, that we don’t care much about these things, but we decided to intervene differently.

“With President [Mario] Cognini we’re studying how to bring what is a profound discomfort to the right levels.”

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
'Only Juventus protest like this’ | Football Italia

Fiorentina vice-President Gino Salica hits out at Juventus after the controversial VAR incident on Friday - “only certain teams are allowed to protest like that”.

The Viola were given a penalty for a handball by Giorgio Chiellini, which was fiercely protested by Miralem Pjanic.

While Jordan Veretout was waiting to take the kick, the officials consulted the replay and, after three minutes, decided that there had been an offside in the build-up.

“It’s unacceptable that only certain teams are allowed to protest like that,” Salica fumed, as quoted by calciomercato.com.

“We talk every day about a lack of credibility in Italian football, the fact we didn’t qualify for the World Cup, the Lega and the FIGC being under commissionership, and then if we put these incidents in too I think it’s really tough.

“All of Italy saw what happened. We at Fiorentina wondered: why do they allow this.

“We debated the question of what to do against Juventus for a long time. We probably would have been comfortable making a big scene and stigmatising the behaviour of the Juventus players toward the referee on the occasion of the first penalty awarded to Juventus for the Chiellini handball.

“We thought about it and decided to follow another course.

“The game was already lost, and maybe the fans will have the impression that the club is absent, that we don’t care much about these things, but we decided to intervene differently.

“With President [Mario] Cognini we’re studying how to bring what is a profound discomfort to the right levels.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)