Serie A 2017/18 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
you're the boumsong of mods
:D

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri is the one who should be coaching a small club. His mentality of “score an early goal and then defend for your life” is OK for a smaller club, but disgraceful for a club like Juventus.

Sarri’s attacking total football philosophy suits Juventus a lot more. Are we a big European club or not? If we are, then we should start showing it on the pitch. European giants don’t park the bus at home against Tottenham.
:D fuck off already

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri is the one who should be coaching a small club. His mentality of “score an early goal and then defend for your life” is OK for a smaller club, but disgraceful for a club like Juventus.

Sarri’s attacking total football philosophy suits Juventus a lot more. Are we a big European club or not? If we are, then we should start showing it on the pitch. European giants don’t park the bus at home against Tottenham.
Sarri is a provincial coach himself. Deliberately exiting cup competitions, tactical naivety in big games such as Juve and in the CL , constantly moaning and whining about other teams and their resources. Sorry but 'attacking philosophy' alone doesn't cut it for me to be a manager at Juve.

He's in his 60s(I think) who's mostly managed tinpot clubs all his career and Napoli happens to be the biggest of the tinpot clubs. We don't know how he'll fare in big organizations like Juventus who demand winning and immediately. We are not at the stage where we can grant him the time to figure out his 'system'.
He was challenging for the scudetto at Napoli in his 1st season when it was unexpected. At Juventus he's expected to win the scudetto. Two different situations altogether.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Agree. There is way too much hype and praise for Sarri which got big after Guardiola also mentioned him. Yes he is doing a good job with Napoli but he is 60 years old. Where was he 3-4 years ago before this job? At Empoli. Allegri is almost 10 years younger than him. Where was Sarri at 50? Serie b and c Perugia & Grosseto.

So clearly a late bloomer.

Sarri would be such a short term signing and compared to his compatriots he is largely unproven in CL. Guys like S. Inzaghi have the excuse of age. Where was Sarri at the age of Allegri right now for example?
Sarri would not be some CL boost appointment for us.

The praise he gets also reminds me of Spalletti. Similaritieis are there. One plays Mertens as fake no 9. Spalletti first spell at Roma he also played without no 9 and played Totti is fake no 9. Both can play good football but get humiliated in Europe? He lost every away game in the group? After all this praise Napoli is now worse than Feyenord?(look where dutch football is and the league in general. Napoli shouldnt lose to Feyenord these days. Player to player much better squad). Shaktar have not been what they used to be either. Lost to them too. Highlight of the season was some 25 min attacking spell against Man city which didnt bring results as Man City beat them home and away but i can excuse them cause Man City are one of the richest clubs and Guardiola is very experienced at this stage.

But he also he had 90m to rebuild the team. So dont give me some financial excuses crap bs.

If he doesnt win the league then he will again be a nearly man. While we have brought in new names you can also argue part of our core is coming to end (proof last night weak game from Buffon who is the body and sole of this team, Chiellini,Barza getting old). Add injury issues to important players like Matuidi and Dybala. This is a great opportunity for Napoli.

Not saying his bad but he is not the man for us long term at all. I rather he gets the Italy job and maybe turns the things around there in the mess Italy is currently in.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
It was a team that had been there or thereabouts for several seasons before with Mazzarri and Benitez. Besides, they still finished a big gap off Juve in the end.
They never challenged under Benitez, Sarri came in and instantly improved them and has maintained a very high level from them since the first season he came in

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ah you see it depends what you consider a challenge. 9 points is not a real challenge, but then it could have been 15-20 points if you compare it to other seasons. Ordinarily 78 points from fat Rafa would be a challenge but not in the 102 point season.

It's clear Napoli's emergence as a serious team started with Mazzarri, but for sure Sarri has taken it to another level. Still won fuck all but there you go. I suppose this argument comes from the same people crapping on CL losses...

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Sarri has no plan B, he does not know how to play differently in different circumstances. He doesn't rotate, his game management is terrible. He would be a disaster here.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We had chance to compare them in 2012. Winner of the contest is obvious.
You seriously think Conte is better manager than Allegri?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you just ignore Nedved96 instead of having the same pointless discussion over and over again?
I don't know why anyone responds to him tbh. Seems like troll.
One has to be very naive to want Sarri for Juventus
:tup:

And people think we disappointing in Europe now. Imagine Sarri.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What plan B does Allegri have?

Sarri's plan A is superior to Allegri's plan A anyway.
if i tell you how many plan bs allegri had since he joined juve, will you log out of the forum and never post here again?

- - - Updated - - -

We had chance to compare them in 2012. Winner of the contest is obvious.
shiiiit. then you agree managers of galatasary, benfica are better than conte

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
if i tell you how many plan bs allegri had since he joined juve, will you log out of the forum and never post here again?
http://www.juventuz.com/threads/40977-Massimiliano-Allegri?p=5661498&viewfull=1#post5661498

Allegri isn’t really that adaptable. We enter every big game with roughly the same gameplan:

1. Press high and hard up the pitch in the first 20-25 minutes, this is when absolutely have to nick a goal for our gameplan to work

2. When the players are tired, we retreat in our own half and resort to counterattacking tactics.

3. We always concede possession, even when we had an amazing midfield in 2015, we could only maintain 39% possession

This is how we play every big game. High intensity at the start, then a drop off when fatigue hits 25 minutes into the game, and I never expect us to have possession.

This tactic works against Napoli, earlier this season beat them 0-1. This is because Napoli does not have the forwards to hurt our organized defence. However, when we face an elite team like Bayern/Barca/Real, this tactic usually fails because they have the tools to break us down.

Allegri may be juggling between formation, but his tactics remain the same. If we play one of the elite teams in the later stages of the CL this season, I fully expect the same gameplan as per usual.
I predicted Allegri’s tactics over a month ago. Our game against Tottenham went exactly how I thought it would go. That’s how predictable Allegri is.

Although I overestimated him if anything. I thought that this plan would work against a team like Tottenham and would only fail against Real/Barca/Bayern. As it turns out, Allegri’s tactics didn’t even work against Spurs. He got outclassed by Pochettino.

Sarri would give us a different approach in the CL. Would the results be better? Who knows, but at least we would play with passion and not like cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)