Serie A 2017/18 (112 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
True, but even if you just compared their worth for their team, Salah was very important to Roma while Cuadrado was relatively poor for us (especially in the second half of the season).
Cuads was poor at the last months because we ran him into the ground playing him nonstop. Why would Allegri do that if Cuads wasnt very important? Cuads and Mandzukic made the 4231 work, which turned our season around

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So you think that Napoli is not doing anything special at the moment? I dont know, you must think that Serie A is completely shit if 63/72 points is standard for a 2nd best team. Comparing them with Juve is just stupid, we have at least 4 subs that would easily start for Napoli and our starting 11 is obviously much better. Being out of European cups and 6-7 points behind us is what I would call "standard" for Napoli.
Also cant see how saying Napoli had a great last season means Sarri is not a very good coach. Which you also said a few posts later so I dont even know what exactly are we discussing.
i have no idea what youre trying to argue either. this seems like a random post on this forum not supposed to quote one of mine.

I dont expect anything fancy from an Allegri team, but a coherent attacking plan would be a good start for changing my personal opinion. Peaking late and starting season like a midtable team are also completely different things.

Edit: fuck didnt realize there were so many posts after the one I quoted, sorry if I am just repeating things.
its OK, its under the carpet now

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you perceive praising Sarri for the work he is doing with Napoli to be dissing Allegri at the same time? These two positions dont have to come together.

You could say that he is doing a great job given the limited resources that he has at his disposal relative to ours, and in the same vein say that Allegri is doing a great job consistently competing on all fronts, going neck to neck with clubs that have double our resources. Both are getting their clubs to punch above their weight and deserve praise for it.

Napoli competing with Juve in Serie A is impressive stuff relative to their stature & financial power. Juve competing with Bayern, Barca, Madrid, PSG is impressive relative to our stature and financial power.

Spaletti, Mazzari and Benitez never got their team to punch above their weight like that. Benitez maybe back at Valencia and at Liverpool in that season they almost won the EPL or the season they won the CL. But definitely not as Napoli coach.
yep, i dont think anyone woud disagree that Sarri has done a very good job with Napoli (league wise atleast), they look much more consistent and secure in dealing with small fries than they did with Rafa. they arent punching above their weuight tho, as that would mean they are beating teams better than them, which they so far never did under Sarri. Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco in recent years would be such teams, Napoli is simply doing a great job at dealing with lesser teams, hence their more impressive league than cup record past 3 years

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
i have no idea what youre trying to argue either. this seems like a random post on this forum not supposed to quote one of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

yep, i dont think anyone woud disagree that Sarri has done a very good job with Napoli (league wise atleast), they look much more consistent and secure in dealing with small fries than they did with Rafa. they arent punching above their weuight tho, as that would mean they are beating teams better than them, which they so far never did under Sarri. Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco in recent years would be such teams, Napoli is simply doing a great job at dealing with lesser teams, hence their more impressive league than cup record past 3 years
The pace they're going is punching above their weight. I'm pretty sure we're losing the title if they finish at the same pace.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
yes, if they do then youre both right. but ive seen them burn out when it matters too many times to really worry
Im almost sure they're too thin and too provincial to finish with 100 points, but those two wins over Atalanta and Lazio were upsetting and I've started to worry. I expect it to be really close this season unless something drastic happens

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Im almost sure they're too thin and too provincial to finish with 100 points, but those two wins over Atalanta and Lazio were upsetting. I expect it to be really close this season unless something drastic happens
i expect them to be close to 90 pts again, maybe pass the mark if they stay in the race long enough. so unless we choke it away, we should win again

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They had totally different positions last year, no way Salah could play Cuads position with the discipline and stamina required, one is an attacker and the other in our 4231 was basically a midfielder. It's like comparing Nedved to a ManUtd CR7.
exactly..ronaldo is ten times the player

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Distant second is where they belong. Anything better than that is impressive.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sarri, lol. At Allegri's age he was managing Arezzo. The guy needs years to implement his style of play, you don't get that shit at a big club.

But yeah, he's doing a great job for a number of seasons in what is basically an also-ran club, a "best of the rest", which is what Napoli are in Italian football and European terms. Sometimes it just all comes together for a season, and it has done for worse groups of players than this Napoli squad.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I was a bigger fan of Sarri before he punted the CL and the Coppa Italia.

The difference in chasing one title vs. chasing 3 titles cannot be overstated. Allegri is miles ahead of Sarri until Sarri shows he can go for all 3. Can you win games without your starters playing 100% of the minutes? Because Allegri does this year after year.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I was a bigger fan of Sarri before he punted the CL and the Coppa Italia.

The difference in chasing one title vs. chasing 3 titles cannot be overstated. Allegri is miles ahead of Sarri until Sarri shows he can go for all 3. Can you win games without your starters playing 100% of the minutes? Because Allegri does this year after year.
I dont think Sarri purposely exited CL. He'd be a fool not to give up EL for a shot at Scudetto though

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sarri, lol. At Allegri's age he was managing Arezzo. The guy needs years to implement his style of play, you don't get that shit at a big club.

But yeah, he's doing a great job for a number of seasons in what is basically an also-ran club, a "best of the rest", which is what Napoli are in Italian football and European terms. Sometimes it just all comes together for a season, and it has done for worse groups of players than this Napoli squad.
Sarri is a fantastic coach for a team likr Napoli where it's a big club in some respects but still has the feel of a small club

He's the Antonio Di Natale of coaches

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Sarri is a fantastic coach for a team likr Napoli where it's a big club in some respects but still has the feel of a small club

He's the Antonio Di Natale of coaches
Allegri is the one who should be coaching a small club. His mentality of “score an early goal and then defend for your life” is OK for a smaller club, but disgraceful for a club like Juventus.

Sarri’s attacking total football philosophy suits Juventus a lot more. Are we a big European club or not? If we are, then we should start showing it on the pitch. European giants don’t park the bus at home against Tottenham.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Allegri is the one who should be coaching a small club. His mentality of “score an early goal and then defend for your life” is OK for a smaller club, but disgraceful for a club like Juventus.

Sarri’s attacking total football philosophy suits Juventus a lot more. Are we a big European club or not? If we are, then we should start showing it on the pitch. European giants don’t park the bus at home against Tottenham.
Nah, now you are just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)