Serie A 2017/18 (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I expect Napoli to lose between 6-9 points in remainder of the games.

Away against Cagliari, Inter, Milan, Juve, Fiorentina or Sampdoria and home against Roma.

Hopefully they'll get a good run in EL, since the depth og their squad is questionable.

All in all it'll be tough to win this year, unless Napoli falls apart which I find highly unliekly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Milan are reportedly close to doing a deal with Puma to make their kits, but it’ll be worth less than the current Adidas deal.

It was reported earlier this month that Adidas will break off their €19.7m per season deal with the Rossoneri early, after 20 years of making their kits.

This morning’s Gazzetta dello Sport believes that a deal will be announced soon between the Diavolo and Puma, but it’ll be worth €10-15m per season.

In either case that would be less than Milan had been receiving from Adidas, whose deal was meant to run until 2023.

A reduction in sponsorship money is bad news for the Rossoneri, especially if they fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.

Milan have officially confirmed that they have ended their deal with Adidas, five years into a 10 year agreement.

The German sportswear brand has been manufacturing the Rossoneri kits for close to 20 years uninterrupted, and agreed a 10-year deal worth €19.7m per season in 2013.

However, the previous Diavolo ownership agreed to break clauses in the deal and it was reported earlier this month that the relationship would be terminated.

“AC Milan has mutually agreed with Adidas to prematurely terminate their technical sponsorship deal at the end of the season 2017/2018,” a statement on the club’s website confirmed.

“The current partnership, which began on 1 July 1998, has been highlighted by a consistent flow of successes with a total of twelve trophies: two UEFA Champions League, one FIFA World Club Cup, two European Super Cups, three Italian League titles, three Italian Super Cups, one Coppa Italia.

“Adidas started partnering AC Milan back in season 1978/1979, the year of the tenth Italian League title.

“AC Milan, in thanking Adidas for the consolidated relationship, is happy to announce a new Technical Partner will soon follow.

“AC Milan has signed a brand-new agreement with a sports manufacturer for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing partnership that will start from 1 July 2018.

“The identity of the new Technical Partner and the details of the new deal will be unveiled in the coming months.”

It’s believed that the new agreement is with Puma, though for considerably less than the previous arrangement with Adidas.

Milan have officially confirmed that Puma will be their kit supplier from next season, after Adidas broke off their deal.

The German sportswear brand activated a break clause in their 10-year deal, and their rivals have now stepped in to make the Rossoneri kits.

“Puma and AC Milan have today announced an official long-term partnership, that brings together two of the most passionate, iconic and ambitious brands in Football industry,” a statement on the Diavolo’s website begins.

“Effective 1st July 2018, Puma will become our official partner, global technical supplier and official licensing partner.

“AC Milan joins an impressive roster of Puma football clubs, including Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal FC.

“The Football Associations of Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Czech Republic and soon Senegal are also part of PUMA's portfolio, as well as some of the world’s best players such as Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud, Sergio 'Kun' Agüero, Cesc Fàbregas, Mario Balotelli, Hector Bellerin, Marco Reus, Julian Weigl, Gianluigi Buffon and Yaya Touré amongst others.

“Puma is one of the world’s leading Sports Brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories defining itself as the clear game-changing football brand and we will work together to bring further innovation into the sports brand's performance apparel range.”

It’s not clear how long the deal will run for, and as yet the figures involved have not been confirmed.

“I am very pleased to announce our partnership with Puma, to whom we are bound by mutual esteem and by our common passion for sports and football values,” CEO Marco Fassone said.

“They represent a major international brand and we will be proceeding together in the next few football seasons in our strategic pathway striving to reach new and extraordinary goals off and on the pitch.”

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Man, I am taking a break from Twitter because of all the Napoli/Sarri dick riding and then I come here and it's the same and even worse. Disgusting times really.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Here is a fact for you.

Until Sarri actually wins something, then yes, he is no better than Spalletti, Mazzarri and Benitez. Playing so-called beautiful football is nice and all, but if you don’t come up with silverware, it doesn’t mean a $#@!ing thing.

Do you recall the 2015/16 season? Napoli were above us on the table for the majority of the season, but what happened in the end? A season lasts from August - May and doesn’t finish in February.

Oh, and we are still in 3 competitions. After they “purposefully” get knocked out of the EL in a couple of weeks, they’ll be in 1. Doesn’t look good on his resume that he is so hopeless in cup competitions. Yet he gets a free-ride from posters like you and Nedved96

It’s funny how you anti-Juventus “fans” find any excuse to $#@! on our amazing coach and management and find any excuse to lick the balls of a disgusting club like Napoli and Sarri at any opportunity.
What kind of failed logic is that. So until Allegri actually wins something in Europe, you cant use his European record to anything. Finishing runners up is great but until he wins something, he is no better than the Conte, Ranieri etc of the world.

And do you know that it is actually possible to see both the positive and negative in a coach, management, club and players and still support them fully.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Man, I am taking a break from Twitter because of all the Napoli/Sarri dick riding and then I come here and it's the same and even worse. Disgusting times really.
Just thinking the same thing. The dick riding has reached unbearable levels on social media. Not much better on here either, so many closer Napoli fans. Absolutely pathetic.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What kind of failed logic is that. So until Allegri actually wins something in Europe, you cant use his European record to anything. Finishing runners up is great but until he wins something, he is no better than the Conte, Ranieri etc of the world.

And do you know that it is actually possible to see both the positive and negative in a coach, management, club and players and still support them fully.
Well looky-here it’s the forums #1 Sarri dick rider

You’re using Europe as a barometer for Allegri, but not for Sarri - how
convenient :lol:

My point still remains the same. Allegri has actually won plenty of trophies. Sarri has won zilch.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
just like Sturaro for Juve :baus: your arguing tactics are pretty similar as well, luckily for me I'm not 12
He is not really arguing, just blurting out statements and accussations. Apparently you are allowed to discuss, which players could improve our team and who should be sold, but if you discuss coaches, people will go abeshit and loose their fucking minds, and call you an antijuventino.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He is not really arguing, just blurting out statements and accussations. Apparently you are allowed to discuss, which players could improve our team and who should be sold, but if you discuss coaches, people will go abeshit and loose their fucking minds, and call you an antijuventino.
It's called partisanship.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The way I see it is if you swap the managers around I could not see Napoli under Allegri having as many points and leading the league

Allegri would have them somewhere in top 4

Sarri is doing fantastic work there and all credit to him

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The way I see it is if you swap the managers around I could not see Napoli under Allegri having as many points and leading the league

The problem here is basing this comparison on assumptions. You have no idea what Allegri would do at Napoli. Perhaps he'd be better at handling cup competition

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Dont think so either. Offcourse Sarri has yet to prove, what he can do at a top tier club, were Allegri has showed that he can get results.

Interesting to see how it os going to work out if Sarri moves to a better team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)