Serie A 2017/18 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
what kind of results should they be getting then? they arent Lazio/inter level of team obviously, they have the 2nd best team in the league and they play together for a few years now. they finished with 86 pts last season (Roma finished with 87 pts, i guess they shouldnt get those results either), naturally they would be improving the following year with Serie A as their only true goal to focus on.
Saying they have a second best team is like saying Europa League is the second strongest European competition. Technically true, but it doesn't show it is miles behind Champions League, just like Napoli is behind Juve. And somehow they are ahead.
Player by player, they are not that much better than Roma, Inter and even Lazio. Yet they are 14 points ahead of them.

As you said, looking at points only, they are better than Bayern. But I guess that is "natural improvement" for you.
If they do not sell anyone, what do you expect of them next season. A perfect score?

Juve plays bad ::lol3::, OK. somehow we still scored more goals than Napoli, guess its all individual brilliance.
Looking at the individual quality in this team, play itself is actually real bad, especially when considering the typical Serie A opponents.

scoring regularly? Lazio scored more than them as well btw, and they have a worse attack.
Nice cherry picking there. Lazio also conceded more than twice as many. Probably because Napoli have such world class defenders and absolutely nothing to do with coach.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
Gonna win their 21st league title in last 33 seasons ALONE :tup: :D

Bayern was 5 points behind Dortmund on matchday 7 when Ancelotti was sacked. Now they lead the league by 18 points. That is a 23 point gain in 15 matches. I mean ffs how bad are the rest of the clubs in being competetitve even for a little while :lol:
That's ridiculously high, but even juve got a nice number if we analyse, we got 15 scudetti in 1984-2017 period, our best contenders milan got 8 , inter have 5 titles, napoli 2, roma 1, lazio 1, doria 1, verona 1, inter + roma,lazio,napoli together just overtake milan by 1 tittle, as juventus is too much for them.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
a bit unrelated, but how much impact do you think the Olympiastadion had to do with Bqayerns rise in power (especially money wise) in German football? if you look at the picture of german football in the 60s, you see 8 different champions and no one winning back to back titles, after which 2 great teams emmerge - Bayern and Gladbach - but only one stayed on the top until today. what i heard is that the stadium they got for free (?) after the Olympics gave them the monetary push to stay above the rest of the competition and poach their best players regularly (heard Hoeness once say theyve been finishing in the + for 20 straight years or something like that). could also be bitter Rheinlanders and Ruhrpotters so im having rservations on what i hear.

- - - Updated - - -

and other teams have 75M CBs yet no sane person would claim they have better teams than us.

the money argument :touched:
I think its somehow true it had an impact. But that said, the Bayern management also had a clear plan from the mid 70´s, I think it was Uli who already back then saw how important the commercial/financial part of football is, the other german clubs werent as good to follow up/develop. Also Bayern as a region have always been one of the richest, and now the richest part of Germany, which also helped Bayern Munich a lot. Big financial power there.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Saying they have a second best team is like saying Europa League is the second strongest European competition. Technically true, but it doesn't show it is miles behind Champions League, just like Napoli is behind Juve. And somehow they are ahead.
Player by player, they are not that much better than Roma, Inter and even Lazio. Yet they are 14 points ahead of them.

As you said, looking at points only, they are better than Bayern. But I guess that is "natural improvement" for you.
If they do not sell anyone, what do you expect of them next season. A perfect score?

Looking at the individual quality in this team, play itself is actually real bad, especially when considering the typical Serie A opponents.

Nice cherry picking there. Lazio also conceded more than twice as many. Probably because Napoli have such world class defenders and absolutely nothing to do with coach.
lol at that CL-EL comparision, and lol at comapring them to inter and Lazio, they dont have a midfield and attack half as good as Napoli. icardi is inters only class attacker, and their whole midfield is mediocre. they have a great GK too but thats about it. Lazio? SMS is the only player that would start for Napoli over Allan. Roma was comparable last season when everyone was fit but they lost Salah, Rudiger and now Emerson, and are dealing with injuries as well + Dzekos form dropped too much. and you accuse me of cherrypicking and keep ignoring what im saying. they are all together for 3 years now under Sarri so they know each other and the system very well, they havent had any major injury issues apart from Golem this season, are out of Coppa and CL and have the Serie A as their only goal for the season. you understand the term peaking right? stop playing dumb then. they had a great season last year as well, you can go and look up how many seasons in history they would have been champions with 86 pts and they finished 3rd actually. anyways, lets see you again end of the season when theyre out of EL and finish 6-7 pts behind us

"playing bad" in your personal opinion doesent mean much. have you started watching Juve yesterday btw? we dont play fancy football and under Max we always peak in the finishing months of the season. we are winning games, we dont concede any goals for 15 games now, and outscore the team that plays the best football in Italy. despite dealing with several injures and losing key players every summer. but i guess we also have to complete 15 quick passes before each goal to please the likes of you :baus:

so now you bring in defense when i mention Lazio, but we "play bad" despite conceding one goal in the last 2-3 months :baus: cool

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Napoli have the 2nd best squad in the league, and kept lot's of their core players playing together for years now.

Don't make it look like Sarri is finishing second with Sass.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
But who are saying that apart from some obscure posters?

Sarri has done great job at Napoli, Allegri has done a great job at Juventus. Both are top Italian coaches. Would Sarri do as well in Juventus as Allegri? I doubt it. Just as I doubt Allegri would do as well as Sarri has done in Napoli with the current squad. Sarri is the better coach, Allegri is the better tactician/manager.

It's clear that some posters (not specifically you in this case) aren't capable of distancing themself from their personals beliefs and fellings towards Napoli/Sarri and/or Juventus/Allegri creating un-nuanced view of Sarri/Allegri to confirm their narrative. Psychology has already made it clear that we react to inconvenient truths as if they were personal insults; you don't find a more inconvenient truth than Napoli actually winning the Scudetto.

Altho about politics, it is just as relevant for football fans
I couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. A lot of people have preconceived notions that make it hard to appreciate both coaches. As far as Sarri being a better coach, that's up for debate. It is hard to keep a team motivated to stay in the title run 7 years in a row and a lot of people here don't seem to realize that (not you, of course).

In the end, both are great Italian coaches which is good for the league

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Napoli have the 2nd best squad in the league, and kept lot's of their core players playing together for years now.

Don't make it look like Sarri is finishing second with Sass.
exactly. and as i alread said, he does actually do a great job league wise. its the cup competition he gets roflstpomed out off, that make him look like a mediocre coach. still a great coach, just not an elite one

- - - Updated - - -

I think its somehow true it had an impact. But that said, the Bayern management also had a clear plan from the mid 70´s, I think it was Uli who already back then saw how important the commercial/financial part of football is, the other german clubs werent as good to follow up/develop. Also Bayern as a region have always been one of the richest, and now the richest part of Germany, which also helped Bayern Munich a lot. Big financial power there.
Hoeness always seemed like a great manager from the business side of view to me. he took care of the Bayern finances so well over the years, with someone different they might have end up like Milan/inter/liverpool. one of the key figures in Bayern history

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Villareal and Shakhtar can juggle between two competitions whereas poor Sarri can only dream of coaching squads like those
Apparently we must praise Sarri for Napoli's league results, and overlook plus make excuses for his pathetic failures in cup play.

He is greatest coach ever. N96 was wrong. Paulito would gain nickname Dyballon under Sarri, he would break all of Messi's records and win next 7 Ballon d'Ors. :boh:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Apparently we must praise Sarri for Napoli's league results, and overlook plus make excuses for his pathetic failures in cup play.

He is greatest coach ever. N96 was wrong. Paulito would gain nickname Dyballon under Sarri, he would break all of Messi's records and win next 7 Ballon d'Ors. :boh:
:agree: hed make Cuadrado into the 2nd coming of Salah

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He's sucking donkey balls in europe. You telling me Max wouldn't do better with that Napoli team in the Championsleague? Nonsense. Sarri is Serie A's own version of Kloppo.

Maddy's Hosentaschenpsychologie :lol:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
exactly. and as i alread said, he does actually do a great job league wise. its the cup competition he gets roflstpomed out off, that make him look like a mediocre coach. still a great coach, just not an elite one

- - - Updated - - -

Hoeness always seemed like a great manager from the business side of view to me. he took care of the Bayern finances so well over the years, with someone different they might have end up like Milan/inter/liverpool. one of the key figures in Bayern history
Exactly. Uli is not my cup of tea for some reasons, but gotta hand it to him, he is one of the biggest reasons Bayern are so powerfull today financial wise. Also us moving to the Allianz Arena helped a lot, one of the best stadiums in Europe. In just 10 years, it already established itself as one of the more iconic stadiums as well.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But their squad is significantly inferior to us in almost every way, yet they are ahead of us in the league. That’s the point you keep on missing.

Also, Napoli lost their best player to us in 2016, as you may remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)