Serie A 2017/18 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
To everyone arguing about tv deals. This new agreement is about the domestic rights. Its for the broadcast in Italy, not abroad. I'm not sure if they numbers you guys are quoting for other leagues are international or domestic. It just seemed like there was some confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes also its 1bn/season, not total.

- - - Updated - - -

To compare the domestic deals.

EPL 1.95
BL 1.16
SA 1.05
LL 1.00
L1 0.73
International TV deal is where Serie A falls way behind

International deal by league:

EPL - €1.2B per season

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.da...ue-earn-billions-thanks-foreign-TV-deals.html

La Liga - €1B per season

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/107685418

Serie A - €371M per season

www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.forbes.c...-overseas-tv-deal-but-domestic-arrangement-st

I dint get a legit source for BL's international TV deal but according to this source ( http://m.dw.com/en/new-bundesliga-television-deal-worth-464-billion-euros/a-19318613) it's apparently eight times less than PL's current international deal which would round up about €150M per season but still they can thank their ground-breaking domestic deal to compensate for their poorer international share

- - - Updated - - -

And there's a small correction in your post. BL makes €1.5B per season domestically.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
International TV deal is where Serie A falls way behind

International deal by league:

EPL - €1.2B per season

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.da...ue-earn-billions-thanks-foreign-TV-deals.html

La Liga - €1B per season

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/107685418

Serie A - €371M per season

www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.forbes.c...-overseas-tv-deal-but-domestic-arrangement-st

I dint get a legit source for BL's international TV deal but according to this source ( http://m.dw.com/en/new-bundesliga-television-deal-worth-464-billion-euros/a-19318613) it's apparently eight times less than PL's current international deal which would round up about €150M per season but still they can thank their ground-breaking domestic deal to compensate for their poorer international share

- - - Updated - - -

And there's a small correction in your post. BL makes €1.5B per season domestically.
No fucking way serie a sold for 30% of what LaLiga is getting :lol: Also didn't know that LaLiga is almost on par with BPL.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
In any case it makes sense.

total, per season
La Liga gets 2b
Serie A 1.42b
Bundesliga 1.31b

It is a reasonable relation between these leagues. They may just look bad because of how much the english league brings, that's a whole different story over there. They have no competition in money.

EPL 3b

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Its doesn't really matter but where is the source for that. Most i find say 4.64b for bundesliga over 4 seasons. So 1.16 per season.

Here is from financial times
https://www.ft.com/content/851559f4-2e29-11e6-bf8d-26294ad519fc
Right. I cross checked and it's over a 4 yr period not 3 as I initially assumed.

But having said that, BL teams have consistent revenue streams in terms of commercial deals and ticket sales while Serie A' s main source of revenue happens to be just TV money.

That's the big difference between Serie A and other top leagues.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

total, per season
La Liga gets 2b
Serie A 1.42b
Bundesliga 1.31b

It is a reasonable relation between these leagues. They may just look bad because of how much the english league brings, that's a whole different story over there. They have no competition in money.

EPL 3b
Thank goodness they're stupid with their money over there

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

total, per season
La Liga gets 2b
Serie A 1.42b
Bundesliga 1.31b

EPL 3b
I think what you're saying might be accurate. There's no way in hell serie a should sell three times cheaper than La Liga. Even taking barca and rm factors into consideration.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Its exclusively because of Madrid and Barca playing each other twice a year. Without having numbers, I imagine no other league game in any league comes close to that one in tv watchers.

I doubt there is much more appeal in international viewers for Sevilla-Betis vs Milan-Sampdoria. Its the clasico that makes the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc De Laurentiis was big against signing this deal but if no better offers are on the table then that is the reality of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Better marketing and better stadiums are needed

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mertens and Callejon concern | Football Italia

Dries Mertens, Jose Callejon and Raul Albiol did not take part in the full Napoli training session today.

The Serie A leaders resumed work at the Castelvolturno ground after Sunday night’s victory away to Benevento.

They faced off in a training ground match of eight a side football.

Mertens went off during the Benevento game with a sprained ankle and the reassuring thing is he did take part in training today, albeit in a limited capacity.

Also working separately from the group were Albiol and Callejon.

Napoli face Lazio in Serie A on Saturday evening.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Spalletti: ‘Totti couldn’t run anymore’

Luciano Spalletti is quoted as saying Francesco Totti “couldn’t run anymore” and that Inter “do not want to spend”.

The Nerazzurri Coach is said to have met some Roma supporters outside the Grani & Braci restaurant in Milan after the two sides met in January.

The Tuscan left the Giallorossi in the summer to make the move to Inter, and the final few months of his reign were characterised by a difficult relationship with Francesco Totti.

“Totti couldn’t run anymore, and it depressed the play of the others if I let him play,” Spalletti is quoted as telling the fans by Corriere della Sera.

“[Roma President James] Pallotta made it clear to me he’d sell the best players. I went beyond our means, I took Roma to second place ahead of Napoli.

“Of course there was a chance to win, go tell that to the players.

“Inter? The club do not want to spend and the environment is always one step away from madness, like Roma.

“You’re always on the edge of balance, sometimes there’s a depressed atmosphere.

“Can Inter win something? You didn’t understand anything and they don’t even understand it here in Milan: with this Juve, which has two teams, you won’t win a bean!”
(^ this just made my day :D).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Imo Lazio losing last game is good for us. They'll be extra motivated for Naples.
LMAO I thought he meant two teams as in we own Sassuolo too

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alisson 'is the Messi of goalkeepers' | Football Italia

Alisson Becker is worth “far more than €50m. He is the Lionel Messi of 'keepers,” claims ex-Roma goalkeeping coach Roberto Negrisolo.

The Brazilian shot-stopper has been sensational this season and already earned interest from Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain for next term.

“Is Alisson worth €50m? Don’t be silly, he’s worth far more than that,” Negrisolo told Il Romanista newspaper.

“I don’t think many people have realised who Alisson is. This guy is a phenomenon. He is the Number One of Number Ones. He is the Messi of goalkeepers, because he has the same mentality as Messi. He is a goalkeeper who can mark an era.

“There is absolutely no comparison with Gianluigi Donnarumma, because Alisson is extraordinary. The first time I saw him play, he wasn’t yet on the Roma books. I watched him play for Brazil and he made an enormous impression on me.

“The way he behaves in the goal, he reminds me of Dino Zoff. I’d also compare him to Michel Preud-Homme, who had the class of someone born to be a goalkeeper.

“I told Alisson when I met him a Roma’s Trigoria ground that he was born for this. He was already strong when he arrived, but has improved even more since he has been in Italy, especially when coming out low to get the ball. Now he is far more decisive in those situations.

“I have to give credit to Marco Savorani, the current Roma goalkeeping coach, who used to work under me. Savorani also helped Wojciech Szczesny improve a lot and Juventus got themselves a bargain buying him from Arsenal.

“I know goalkeepers, that is my business, and I can assure you Alisson can be a guarantee for at least another 10 years. He’s already a hero to the fans and Roma need to keep hold of him.

“Alisson is crucial off the field too, as you can see he has the mind of a Coach. Look at the way he moves and acts when the ball is in his hands and you’ll understand.”

- - - Updated - - -

Looooool

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Alisson Becker is worth “far more than €50m. He is the Lionel Messi of 'keepers,” claims ex-Roma goalkeeping coach Roberto Negrisolo.

The Brazilian shot-stopper has been sensational this season and already earned interest from Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain for next term.

“Is Alisson worth €50m? Don’t be silly, he’s worth far more than that,” Negrisolo told Il Romanista newspaper.

“I don’t think many people have realised who Alisson is. This guy is a phenomenon. He is the Number One of Number Ones. He is the Messi of goalkeepers, because he has the same mentality as Messi. He is a goalkeeper who can mark an era.

“There is absolutely no comparison with Gianluigi Donnarumma, because Alisson is extraordinary. The first time I saw him play, he wasn’t yet on the Roma books. I watched him play for Brazil and he made an enormous impression on me.

“The way he behaves in the goal, he reminds me of Dino Zoff. I’d also compare him to Michel Preud-Homme, who had the class of someone born to be a goalkeeper.

“I told Alisson when I met him a Roma’s Trigoria ground that he was born for this. He was already strong when he arrived, but has improved even more since he has been in Italy, especially when coming out low to get the ball. Now he is far more decisive in those situations.

“I have to give credit to Marco Savorani, the current Roma goalkeeping coach, who used to work under me. Savorani also helped Wojciech Szczesny improve a lot and Juventus got themselves a bargain buying him from Arsenal.

“I know goalkeepers, that is my business, and I can assure you Alisson can be a guarantee for at least another 10 years. He’s already a hero to the fans and Roma need to keep hold of him.

“Alisson is crucial off the field too, as you can see he has the mind of a Coach. Look at the way he moves and acts when the ball is in his hands and you’ll understand.”

- - - Updated - - -

Looooool
The pole is therefore worth 150 mill minimum

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Alisson Becker is worth “far more than €50m. He is the Lionel Messi of ‘keepers,” claims ex-Roma goalkeeping coach Roberto Negrisolo.

- - - Updated - - -

Looooool
What's so lol? I thought all the tuz was in agreement that Woj in Roma became completely different goalie to the one that was playing for Arsenal. Now imagine Allison, who's a good goalie already, working under that same miracle gk trainer guy daily.. wow

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
regardless of this ridiculous interview, allison is a great goalie, one of the best talents i've seen in 30 years. he's roma's best player by a country mile.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What's so lol? I thought all the tuz was in agreement that Woj in Roma became completely different goalie to the one that was playing for Arsenal. Now imagine Allison, who's a good goalie already, working under that same miracle gk trainer guy daily.. wow
Comparing him to a goalie version of Messi. That’s looooool.

- - - Updated - - -

Martinez to inter apparently is done.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Giaccherini: Sarri has a problem | Football Italia

Emanuele Giaccherini claims Napoli will not win anything under Maurizio Sarri after accusing the Coach of neglecting his squad players.

Giaccherini played just 344 minutes of Serie A football in two years at Napoli, before joining Chievo on deadline day last month, and the former Italy midfielder admitted he did not “feel important” under Sarri.

“He has a relationship problem with squad players,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“For him, there are only 14-15 players, but if you want to win things, you have to manage the entire squad.

“You have to make everyone feel important, but I didn’t feel like that at Napoli. I also asked myself why I played so little. Perhaps it was because of my injury.

“There was also a tactical mistake. I’m a 'mezz’ala’ [central midfielder] and not a winger, but I never allowed myself to ask him why I never played.

“For [Antonio] Conte, everyone’s important and no-one’s indispensable. For Sarri, his starting XI are indispensable and the others come after.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)