Serie A 2017/18 (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Zamparini: 'I'm keeping Palermo'
By Football Italia staff

Maurizio Zamparini announced he’s calling off the Paul Baccaglini takeover of Palermo, so “I go forward and will take the team straight back into Serie A.”

The takeover was agreed several months ago and was due to be completed this week, but the money for the closing has not come through.

“I don’t have the right guarantees and I cannot leave the club to the first guy who walks past,” Zamparini told La Repubblica.

“I go forward along my path and will take the team straight back into Serie A. If the money arrives, then we’ll talk about it, but as far as I am concerned this matter is over.

This man just has to stay in football for comedy value alone. What a character :lol:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventino[RUS];5556895 said:
Their best players were Sczensny, Paredes, Manolas, Nainggolan, Salah and Dzeko, 4 out of 6 are gone, this is disaster for their team and their CL hopes
You never watched their games. Because if you did you'd know Paredes wasn't their best player, nowhere near that. Sczensny was on loan. You say Manolas? Latest I heard is that he's staying while they sold Rudiger.

Huge profits are never a disaster. Especially if you know how to invest later on.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
You never watched their games. Because if you did you'd know Paredes wasn't their best player, nowhere near that. Sczensny was on loan. You say Manolas? Latest I heard is that he's staying while they sold Rudiger.

Huge profits are never a disaster. Especially if you know how to invest later on.
They had a deal with Zenit and Manolas agreed to join them but in the last moment he said no and didn't come to hospital for medicals lol, also Rudiger is going to Chelsea according to the latest rumours, so what the point of their profit? They are spending their money on young guns - Karsdorp, Pellegrini, plus Gonalons, he is 28 but was a cheap transfer, it's a huge downgrade for Roma from all angles

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/84/Show/Italy-Roma
Paredes even had better rating than Manolas

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventino[RUS];5556912 said:
They had a deal with Zenit and Manolas agreed to join them but in the last moment he said no and didn't come to hospital for medicals lol, also Rudiger is going to Chelsea according to the latest rumours, so what the point of their profit? They are spending their money on young guns - Karsdorp, Pellegrini, plus Gonalons, he is 28 but was a cheap transfer, it's a huge downgrade for Roma from all angles

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/84/Show/Italy-Roma
Paredes even had better rating than Manolas
Ratings don't show much, you're very well aware of that. Paredes is talented but imo he's not the top level and that price was too good to reject, especially if it's over 30mln like reported.

Yeah, Manolas rejected and it seems he's gonna stay. They are selling Rudiger for 35-38mln which is another good move lol. I'd also sell him. They just have a different transfer policy.

Don't bet on that yet. We're yet to see their transfers in actions. Gonalons is a good backup addition while Pellegrini for peanuts is a good move. I think Monchi is yet to surprise with new guns.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Salah is the only one worth laughinh about as big loss, even if they got big value for him. The others are loaned goalie and two good youngsters who werent good enough to start, so getting 30m and 35m for each is not laughable. Moreno for 6-7m is better value then Rudiger, and Pellegrini or Gonalons for 10m and 5m is MUCH better value then 30m+ for Paredes.

The biggiest question mark is losing 19 goals 13 assists Salah without replacing him yet.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Salah is the only one worth laughinh about as big loss, even if they got big value for him. The others are loaned goalie and two good youngsters who werent good enough to start, so getting 30m and 35m for each is not laughable. Moreno for 6-7m is better value then Rudiger, and Pellegrini or Gonalons for 10m and 5m is MUCH better value then 30m+ for Paredes.

The biggiest question mark is losing 19 goals 13 assists Salah without replacing him yet.
Are you kidding me? they have to replace their all vital starting players except Dzeko and Nainggolan, their 3421 formation was the key factor in their success in the last part of the season

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Paredes to Zenit is official. €23M + €4M in bonuses.

So far Roma earned €115M (including bonuses) by selling Salah, Rudiger and Paredes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They have sold 1 starter in Salah, Szczney was a LOANED PLAYER, they did not sell him. They decided to bank on their younger and quite talented goalie Alisson to be starter now, makes sense.

Rudiger was BACKUP and ROTATIONAL player, good explosive defensive talent, but not a starter. The CB starter besides Manolas was Fazio, thats why you saw Rudiger as RB alot to give him playing time (when both RBs were injured). They litterally signed 2 backup players to essentially replace Rudigers versatility basically, in Moreno and Karsdrop.

Paredes was 100 procent backup, and again I repeat, I seen both players enough, Paredes is more of a nifty passer, but Pellegrini, his direct replacement is better then him IMO. So whats the loss in getting a better player who costs a mere 1/3rd of what they got for Paredes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)