Serie A 2017/18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Interesting result. Roma and Milan seem to be exactly in the opposite situation. Roman decline has been going on for a while now actually. Only Allison stands out as he really is showing that he's a great goalkeeper, top club worthy. Hopefully scums like LFC or Arsenal won't get him because he would have really made them better. Is leading Roma too big task for Di Francesco? Romans have lost Szczesny, Salah and Rudiger but others like Manolas, Ninja, Dzeko remained. The already mentioned Allison turned out to be a great addition, Cengiz, Pellegrini, Kolarov, Schick seemed good too in the summer. Yet it doesn't work at all. They fell from competing with us and Napoli into Lazio, Inter, Milan mediocrity. I think it might be on the coach. Monchi assembled a good team, on paper they're only behind us imo.

It's funny to see Milan doing well as they've been shit for so long that I got used to it. Who would've thought Gattuso will be doing so well. At first, it seemed like it will get even worse with him basing on his results at previous clubs and some of his silly speeches. Yet Milan is going at pace and haven't conceded in last five games. Even Bonucci got his shit together. I'm really looking forward to their game against arse and rooting for them to kick the Gunners out.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

May 23, 2013
All the bitches shitting on Serie A’s quality ������

Serie A is the best it’s been in a decade. Juve is a European elite get the most real challenge by a Napoli side earning record point. Lazio, Roma, Milan, and Inter form strong completion for the two CL places and are only slightly weaker than the likes of Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, and United and even that is debatable. And outside of that we have teams like Samp and Atalanta that have good teams which can make noise in Europe.

Stop complaining

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Serie A is the best it’s been in a decade. Juve is a European elite get the most real challenge by a Napoli side earning record point. Lazio, Roma, Milan, and Inter form strong completion for the two CL places and are only slightly weaker than the likes of Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, and United and even that is debatable. And outside of that we have teams like Samp and Atalanta that have good teams which can make noise in Europe.

Stop complaining
I think that's the main question here: is this Napoli an all time great team as their points tally suggests or is Serie A that easy to win in? To be honest I don't see this Napoli side being on par with sides I've seen like Ancelotti's Milan or Mourinho's Inter, not to mention the ones I haven't seen in the 90ties and before, which seems to suggest to me that the overall league quality is dropping and bottom half clubs have literally no chance to take off points Napoli

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Next weekend's fixtures
Milan-Inter
Napoli-Roma
Lazio-Juve

Seems like an important week for all teams. One good/bad result here could prove to be significant in the race for both title and CL spots.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think that's the main question here: is this Napoli an all time great team as their points tally suggests or is Serie A that easy to win in?
90+ point seasons are so much easier now because the atrocious level at the bottom of the league.

From the advent of 20 team league in 2004-05 until 2011-12 the bottom 5 teams in the league averaged a combined 177 points per season. 35.4 points per team.

The last 5 seasons the bottom 5 teams have averaged 161 points per season. 32.2 points per team. Last season was the first time in the 20 team era that the bottom 5 didn't accumulate 150 points. 146 points between 5 teams. 29.2 points per team. This season the bottom 5 have 93 points right now, which puts them on pace for 136 points total. 27.2 points per team.

Napoli is a very good team, but nowhere near an all-time great team. Just like 102 point Juventus was a very good team, but nowhere near an all-time great team. The competitive balance from top to bottom of leagues has vanished with skyrocketing spending at the top. For a team to be an all-time great team now requires that multiple competition success (especially CL of course). Getting to focus on a single competition when there is such a lack of quality in the lower part of the table means 90+ point totals aren't really that special now.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We are definitely gonna play our best line-up. If Napoli win today, they'd have a 4 pt lead over us so we will be under even more pressure to close the gap.

It's turning out to be an interesting season anyway..

:beppe: made the title race interesting and Roma made the CL race interesting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
90+ point seasons are so much easier now because the atrocious level at the bottom of the league.

From the advent of 20 team league in 2004-05 until 2011-12 the bottom 5 teams in the league averaged a combined 177 points per season. 35.4 points per team.

The last 5 seasons the bottom 5 teams have averaged 161 points per season. 32.2 points per team. Last season was the first time in the 20 team era that the bottom 5 didn't accumulate 150 points. 146 points between 5 teams. 29.2 points per team. This season the bottom 5 have 93 points right now, which puts them on pace for 136 points total. 27.2 points per team.

Napoli is a very good team, but nowhere near an all-time great team. Just like 102 point Juventus was a very good team, but nowhere near an all-time great team. The competitive balance from top to bottom of leagues has vanished with skyrocketing spending at the top. For a team to be an all-time great team now requires that multiple competition success (especially CL of course). Getting to focus on a single competition when there is such a lack of quality in the lower part of the table means 90+ point totals aren't really that special now.
I'd say Conte's Juve was an all time great team, but this Napoli surely is not and neither last seasons Roma or last seasons Napoli were the best Roma and Napoli in the history.

I agree about the bottom half fading away. To be honest, I'm stunned Genoa and Chievo still survive in Serie A every year, those teams are horrible most of the season

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd say Conte's Juve was an all time great team, but this Napoli definitely is not and yeah, I agree about the bottom half fading away. To be honest, I'm stunned Genoa and Chievo still survive in Serie A every year, those teams are horrible most of the season
That's just it, we have horrible teams surviving relegation because there are teams somehow managing to be even worse. All-time horrible teams.

I don't think Conte's Juve was an all-time great team, just due to a lack of top-class quality on certain parts of the pitch. A very good team. But aside from Tevez, the attack was pretty mediocre, nor were the wingbacks (even if I love Lichtsteiner) the stuff of legend, which contributed to the fairly mediocre attack.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd say Conte's Juve was an all time great team, but this Napoli surely is not and neither last seasons Roma or last seasons Napoli were the best Roma and Napoli in the history.

I agree about the bottom half fading away. To be honest, I'm stunned Genoa and Chievo still survive in Serie A every year, those teams are horrible most of the season
I don't think Conte's Juve was an all time great team. Do you remember Serie A teams in the late 80s up until the early part of this century? Conte's Juve were very solid and pragmatic, but I wouldn't say an all time great team.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy birthday!

Look who's got a present for you:
:klin:
:lol: Merci Beaucoup :D

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Stop complaining
This intelligent post just convinced me I was wrong.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Conte's Juve was an all time great team. Do you remember Serie A teams in the late 80s up until the early part of this century? Conte's Juve were very solid and pragmatic, but I wouldn't say an all time great team.
:lol: Merci Beaucoup :D
nah, I started watching footie regularly in summer 2002. from the decade and a half I've seen, that Conte's team was definitely the most dominating one. we won all of our home games. every single one :lol: imagine being a season ticket holder in Juve Stadium that season, every time you go to a Serie A game, you go home feeling victorious :juventus:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Serie A should btw reduce its number of teams.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

nah, I started watching footie regularly in summer 2002. from the decade and a half I've seen, that Conte's team was definitely the most dominating one. we won all of our home games. every single one :lol: imagine being a season ticket holder in Juve Stadium that season, every time you go to a Serie A game, you go home feeling victorious :juventus:
Ah man. I started watching Serie A in 94; you definitely missed out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)