[Serie A, 12th round] Chievo 1-2 JUVENTUS [6th November, 2016] (8 Viewers)

M.O.T.M

• Benatia

• Pjanic

• Hernanes

• Mandzukic

• Cuadrado

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And both of them are benched in CL.
I'd like to see Allegri go all-out attack on the flanks in our next CL match with a 4-4-2.

Buffon
Alves-Benatia-Bonucci-Evra
Cuadrado-Marchisio-Pjanic-Sandro
Dybala-Higuain​

I'm assuming Dybala will be back... and if Pjanic isn't getting involved, sub him at the half for Lemina to get some more physicality in the mid.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
I think we showed improvement in our attacking game today but still lacked concentration at times. I also liked Pjanic on the right rather than the left.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see Allegri go all-out attack on the flanks in our next CL match with a 4-4-2.

Buffon
Alves-Benatia-Bonucci-Evra
Cuadrado-Marchisio-Pjanic-Sandro
Dybala-Higuain​

I'm assuming Dybala will be back... and if Pjanic isn't getting involved, sub him at the half for Lemina to get some more physicality in the mid.
The problem with that formation is that we wouldn't have any cover for the wide positions.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think we showed improvement in our attacking game today but still lacked concentration at times. I also liked Pjanic on the right rather than the left.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with that formation is that we wouldn't have any cover for the wide positions.
Evra is cover on the right. And if Alves neglects his defensive duties, one could always put Barza in that RB position for defensive solidity.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Juve played decently through most part of the game. The current context is troublesome, but if you look at our games at Verona vs Chievo for the past 5 years, performance was probably at a similar level or maybe even better. It's a tough pitch, they do have a decent team, it's normal to struggle there.

All in all, and despite all our issues, good win.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Disgusting game and disgusting performance but I will give it the excuse of always being tough against Chievo away. The amount of mistakes we make in a game is ridiculous and some of the chances we miss are inexcusable.

Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli N.R
Benatia 6.5

Cuadrado 6.5
Sturaro 5.5
Hernanes 6
Pjanic 7
Alex Sandro 6

Higuain 6
Mandzukic 6.5

Bonucci 6
Evra N.R
Dani Alves N.R

- - - Updated - - -

For the first time in years I am really looking forward for the international break. The team, Allegri and the fans desperately need it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Disgusting game and disgusting performance but I will give it the excuse of always being tough against Chievo away. The amount of games we make in a game is ridiculous and some of the chances we miss are inexcusable.

Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli N.R
Benatia 6.5

Cuadrado 6.5
Sturaro 5.5
Hernanes 6
Pjanic 7
Alex Sandro 6

Higuain 6
Mandzukic 6.5

Bonucci 6
Evra N.R
Dani Alves N.R

- - - Updated - - -

For the first time in years I am really looking forward for the international break. The team, Allegri and the fans desperately need it.
Oh yes. :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juve played decently through most part of the game. The current context is troublesome, but if you look at our games at Verona vs Chievo for the past 5 years, performance was probably at a similar level or maybe even better. It's a tough pitch, they do have a decent team, it's normal to struggle there.

All in all, and despite all our issues, good win.
:tup:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The result is good enough as winning should never be taken for granted but other than that it doesn't look too good. The team looks unmotivated and players too often lose concentration, so we open up the game instead of closing it. The team is either too arrogant or focused on conserving energy. Whatever it is - it's on Allegri's shoulders as well and that's one of reasons why we struggle in Europe. We hardly show we care, we hardly get out of second gear and then it backfires. Poor passing, no movement and constant slowing down the play make us look clueless and unprepared. Juve hardly looks like a team, more like a bunch of individuals lately.
We still struggle to get the best out for Higuain and Pjanic even though the latter looked much better today. Allegri has a lot of work to do, we're very far from being convincing. Good thing the break is here so he gets some time to think things over and get back injured players because we need changes, in a few aspects actually.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ugly performance, but good to bounce back from the mid-week disappointment with a win. Nice for Mandzukic and Pjanic to get those goals, but I'm getting sick of these constant injuries, we are absolutely cursed when it comes to this.

I really can't wait til Dybala (and Pjaca) are back, we lack that pace, skill and verve that these players bring, and with these guys, our play flows a lot better when they are on the field, Mandzukic-Higuain isn't getting the best out of our team, and we are limiting the role of our €90m shiny toy like this. We are also making too many stupid errors every game, it's ridiculous how often we get the basics wrong and nearly shoot ourselves in the foot.

Anyway for once I'm actually happy there is an International break this time. These players and the coaching staff need a couple of weeks away to re-focus, us fans also need to get away from the wall-to-wall negativity which is surrounding the team. Let's just hope there's no more injuries.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Disgusting game and disgusting performance but I will give it the excuse of always being tough against Chievo away. The amount of mistakes we make in a game is ridiculous and some of the chances we miss are inexcusable.

Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli N.R
Benatia 6.5

Cuadrado 6.5
Sturaro 5.5
Hernanes 6
Pjanic 7
Alex Sandro 6

Higuain 6
Mandzukic 6.5

Bonucci 6
Evra N.R
Dani Alves N.R

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely!

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
I think we played quite well, especially in the second half. The quality of finishing let us down and unacceptable defending from Liecht complicated our life a lot.
But if we were more accurate, game could have easily finished 4/5-0

- - - Updated - - -

Ugly performance, but good to bounce back from the mid-week disappointment with a win. Nice for Mandzukic and Pjanic to get those goals, but I'm getting sick of these constant injuries, we are absolutely cursed when it comes to this.

I really can't wait til Dybala (and Pjaca) are back, we lack that pace, skill and verve that these players bring, and with these guys, our play flows a lot better when they are on the field, Mandzukic-Higuain isn't getting the best out of our team, and we are limiting the role of our €90m shiny toy like this. We are also making too many stupid errors every game, it's ridiculous how often we get the basics wrong and nearly shoot ourselves in the foot.

Anyway for once I'm actually happy there is an International break this time. These players and the coaching staff need a couple of weeks away to re-focus, us fans also need to get away from the wall-to-wall negativity which is surrounding the team. Let's just hope there's no more injuries.
agreed. With the exception of Cuadrado and AS, the lack of pace is our main shortcoming at the moment. That's why I don't get Lemina benched, he is the only midfielder who can speed up things in the middle, might be messy at times (not Messi) but he has pace and makes decent breaks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)