Sergio De Windt (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Does anyone know what happened to Sergio De Windt?

He was a Dutch midfielder who came to juve in 99 or 2000 from Ajax I think, when he was only 18 years old. He was presented on Juve's official web page, and they even called him the new Davids, said he would play in the primavera for a bit at first, but I havent heard anything about him since.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i happen to see a game of him once, and he impressed me. i guess he got called the next davids because they looked the same basically and he is dutch etc..

nonetheless, i dont think he would still be on our list. not with maresca, blasi and brighi waiting for their go at juve.

its a shame really, juve had so many young talents and we havent any as yet come through and be a regular.

rigoni, guzman, de windt........:down:

Jul 12, 2002
He was released by Juventus and went on trials at Haarlem. He did not sign there, and is now out of professional football, as far as I know. I have heard rumours that he was injured, but nothing concrete.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
'Fraid not :D

Seriously - they are calling Nigel De Jong the new Davids now. He plays a vital role in the U-21 team and I wonder how long it will take before he makes his debute in the Grand NT!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
'Fraid not :D

Seriously - they are calling Nigel De Jong the new Davids now. He plays a vital role in the U-21 team and I wonder how long it will take before he makes his debute in the Grand NT!
I think that Nigel is a great player and he'll probably replace Edgar in the NT, but they've got some pretty different styles. I think that Nigel has the potential to be the next Cocu, however..

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I think that Nigel is a great player and he'll probably replace Edgar in the NT, but they've got some pretty different styles. I think that Nigel has the potential to be the next Cocu , however..
    And thats a good thing??? :rolleyes:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    Why wouldn't it be?
    I dont know, it's just I dont appriciate Cocu very much. Never thought about him as anything than an average player.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I beg to differ here - Cocu is a great attacking midfielder who can also play as playmaker and creative forward. He's quite versatile, good with two legs and he works hard!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I beg to differ here - Cocu is a great attacking midfielder who can also play as playmaker and creative forward. He's quite versatile, good with two legs and he works hard!
    That may very well be so, but I just dont like him, and never respected him all that much.

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
    I think Davids is way more talented than Cocu but that's not the argument. I think on the argument Cocu is just a utility player but no more than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)