Sergio Almiron (9 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Almiron has been the best Juve-owned player tonight, and not celebrating in front of a team that pretty much rejected him was a class act. Props to Almiron

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Ciao Sergio!

Thank you Sergio for taking part of our operation "Ciros doomsday" As we spoke yesterday, you have a large paycheck waiting for you in your mailbox on x-mas day.

Best wishes
your ex-capitano:
Del Piero

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Not that I think he's Juventus material (although, these days, who's to say...), but can anyone with a better memory enlighten me as to what sort of chance he actually got at the club? Specifically, in comparison to Tiago who has definitely not justified his two and a half seasons with us (of course, with his refusal to move in mind).

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Almiron explains renaissance

Monday 28 December, 2009

Bari midfielder Sergio Almiron has explained how his career has been reborn since his move from Juventus in the summer.

The 28-year-old Argentinian moved to Turin in a €9m transfer from Empoli just over two years ago but he never lived up to the hype.

Juventus loaned him out for a third time in August, this time to Bari after similar moves to Monaco and Fiorentina.

Almiron has rediscovered his best form and his performances have inspired the newly promoted Galletti to ninth place in Serie A.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, he said: “I wanted to show my qualities after having missed the opportunity to win a place at Juventus. But we are not speaking about revenge. I did not enjoy myself and have also apologised to Ferrara.

“He behaved with me in an exemplary way. Last summer, Ciro was very correct, telling me that I wouldn't enter into his plans.

“At the San Nicola, Del Piero has congratulated me. Alex is the strongest team-mate with whom I have played. I continue to hear from him. A few text messages are enough for me to be gratified by his friendship.”

Tied to Juventus until 2011, Almiron admits he would be delighted to stay in Puglia.

“I would be happy to continue this adventure in Bari. If Matarrese and Perinetti were to propose me a deal that's longer than one year then I would evaluate it with enthusiasm.

“I am contracted to Juventus until June 2011. If they were to call me back to Turin, I would return with my head held high, a lot surer of my means.

“In my short time at Juventus, I committed errors. I made the mistake of giving up and to a certain point I almost surrendered,” he concluded.

------------------------------------

Gentleman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)