Sergio Almiron (5 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
By your logic, it's impossible to determine the best coach or even the best player is for that matter. You know, since they all coach/play in different clubs,having different objectives etc..

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
By your logic, it's impossible to determine the best coach or even the best player is for that matter. You know, since they all coach/play in different clubs,having different objectives etc..
well yes. and that's right?! Who says that prandelli would do a better job than ranieri. Don't get me wrong i like prandelli and i rate very high what he's done at his relatively young age already. But it's really impossible to compare. The quality of a coach is deoending on which players are available, the money he gets for his transfer campaign, the mood of the players, etc etc. So is prandelli a better coach than ranieri? - Maybe! Would prandelli have won against real madrid? - Maybe.
Don't be that easy with your judgments

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Also, for how long do we consider coaches to be young ? Prandelli is 51 and Osman calls him a young coach. At Prandelli's age Ranieri (who is less than 6 years older than Prandelli) was already coaching Chelsea and he had experience from coaching good and competetive La Liga, Serie A and EPL teams.

Seriously, how does someone conclude that Prandelli is a better coach ? Do you guys observe their work closely ? Do you watch Prandelli and how he sets the tactics, how he makes his subs ?
If you do i'd appreciate it if you tell us more about it and explain in which way Prandelli does these things better than Ranieri.

Thank you

Apr 19, 2007
I think everyone is to quick to bkame and praise Ranieri. While I dont think our run of bad luck was all his fault I dont give him all the credit for our run of good results. When our champions play we win. Its as simple as that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ален;1800881 said:
Also, for how long do we consider coaches to be young ? Prandelli is 51 and Osman calls him a young coach. At Prandelli's age Ranieri (who is less than 6 years older than Prandelli) was already coaching Chelsea and he had experience from coaching good and competetive La Liga, Serie A and EPL teams.

Seriously, how does someone conclude that Prandelli is a better coach ? Do you guys observe their work closely ? Do you watch Prandelli and how he sets the tactics, how he makes his subs ?
If you do i'd appreciate it if you tell us more about it and explain in which way Prandelli does these things better than Ranieri.

Thank you
It's just obvious, who are you to knee jerk and come up with these questions?

Jun 13, 2007
My statement : Lippi is a better coach than Cosmi.

Lippi has won everything with Juve, he also won the world cup with Italy. What has Cosmi done?

Now, both coaches coached at different clubs and were given different amounts of money, and different players. One has achieved everything while the other, nothing. I can reasonably qualify the former a being the superior and better coach although it conflicts greatly with your theory. Now you cannot go saying 'what if' Cosmi coached Juve. You cannot reason that he might have done a better job than Lippi. You can only analy the facts, the ahievements, the qualities of both coaches and you can easilly reach a decision.

Jun 13, 2007
Ален;1800881 said:

Thank you
I respect your opinion Alen but don't you think coaches can in fact be judged by their results, achievements, accomplishments etc..? I mean, it's not as abstract as you guys make it seem. One can easilly conclude that Alex Ferguson is a better coach than Allerdyce because he has simply povershadowed him with his achievements throughout his coaching career. We do not have to observe how they set tactics or make subs.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I respect your opinion Alen but don't you think coaches can in fact be judged by their results, achievements, accomplishments etc..? I mean, it's not as abstract as you guys make it seem. One can easilly conclude that Alex Ferguson is a better coach than Allerdyce because he has simply povershadowed him with his achievements throughout his coaching career. We do not have to observe how they set tactics or make subs.
Of course, but we are talking about one particular case and we're making a comparisson between two particular coaches.
Let me get this straight, i have no idea who is the better coach. I'm simply asking how did people conclude, and they are pretty sure in what they say, that Prandelli is better than Ranieri.
Compare the acomplishments and you get that even at Prandelli's age Ranieri won more titles. It's not like we're talking about a 70yo and a 40 yo coach. There is a less than 6 years difference between the two of them.

Since both of them achieved more or less nothing then i assumed that those who say that Prandelli is much better must be thinking that he must be doing some things much better than Ranieri (like setting tactics, making subs, men management, changing the formation depending on the result etc etc etc)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ален;1800910 said:
Of course, but we are talking about one particular case and we're making a comparisson between two particular coaches.
Let me get this straight, i have no idea who is the better coach. I'm simply asking how did people conclude, and they are pretty sure in what they say, that Prandelli is better than Ranieri.
Compare the acomplishments and you get that even at Prandelli's age Ranieri won more titles. It's not like we're talking about a 70yo and a 40 yo coach. There is a less than 6 years difference between the two of them.

Since both of them achieved more or less nothing then i assumed that those who say that Prandelli is much better must be thinking that he must be doing some things much better than Ranieri (like setting tactics, making subs, men management, changing the formation depending on the result etc etc etc)
Prandelli's wife got sick, if that didn't happen he would have won all competitions Roma competed in when he was their coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)