Sergio Almiron (29 Viewers)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I had thought Almiron got the shaft a little, seeing as he had such a good preseason, two lousy games, and seemed to vanish. I figured he'd prove his worth with Monaco and challenge again next year. Then I read how he was a non-factor with Monaco... and I started to think... maybe he's just not big team material.

As for Tiago, as mentioned, he played over 1000 minutes, and still looked disinterested, error-prone and simply out of place. I was excited when we signed him, moreso than with Almiron, and he's been just as bad, with even more slack. He needs to go.

As for Nocerino, he wasn't good after the first several games. He only played because Ranieri figured Tiago and Almiron would be even worse. Once he got Sissoko, Nocerino was largely stapled to the bench. Now, he's gone. That's all you have to know about that.

Plus, we have no idea what went on in training... Tiago and Almiron must have not been inspiring and/or they pissed off Ranieri enough to opt for one-dimensional Blasi-esque Nocerino.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Almiron played far less than a season with us and we say he failed.
Tiago playes some games, he was madicore and we say he failed.

If we buy Alonso and he won't play very well in the first season, will we try to sell him too in the next summer?

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Almiron played far less than a season with us and we say he failed.
Tiago playes some games, he was madicore and we say he failed.

If we buy Alonso and he won't play very well in the first season, will we try to sell him too in the next summer?
Very well said.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i'm still disappointed that he didn't play much this year but i would still give him a chance unless we can get good value for him.

tiago on the other hand played and sucked when he did so i would push for his exit. zanetti and almiron in the middle wouldn't be a bad combo IMO

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fiorentina Plan Another Double Swoop
After capturing Juan Manuel Vargas and Gialuca Comotto, Fiorentina are now looking to complete another double swoop by attempting to land Sergio Almiron and Luciano Zauri according to Mediaset.

Almiron spent a disappointing season both at Juventus and then at Monaco on-loan last term and La Viola are currently looking at him in order to fill a role in midfield.

Cesare Prandelli is a big admirer of the player who could join La Viola if Juve manage to strengthen their own midfield. The Bianconeri are looking to sell Almiron following his return from Monaco and La Viola could be his next destination if Pantaleo Corvino strikes a deal with the Bianconeri.

Lazio's Luciano Zauri is Prandelli's second target. The Biancocelesti middle man is up for sale and the Gigliati are looking to move in quickly to prize the player away from Rome.

Zauri has in the past stated his penchant for the Florence based club and he could end up wearing a Viola jersey next term as the club looks to continue strengthening ahead of their Champions League adventures next season.

Fiorentina have been the most active club in terms of transfers this summer in Serie A and their wheeling and dealing for players shows no sign of slowing down.

Salvatore Landolina

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The Viola would pay 3.5m € for ½. I'd try to ship him to Lazio and make him look like the new Veron while grabbing some kind of option on De Silvestri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)