Sergio Almiron (5 Viewers)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
i wud give him another chance!
You will get another chance to restate your opinion :D

i still feel like tiago and almiron aren't flops because we haven't seen them actually play full matches for most of the season
They might not be complete flops , but the fact of the matter is were going for the CL and hopefully the scudetto next year... i personally dont think they can handle the pressure tbh. Some players strive at smaller clubs and these two are that type...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They might not be complete flops , but the fact of the matter is were going for the CL and hopefully the scudetto next year... i personally dont think they can handle the pressure tbh. Some players strive at smaller clubs and these two are that type...
Don't agree bro. Tiago has played in the Champions League for various clubs and has done well. Almiron hasn't even been fielded for us in more than a few games.

No idea how we can call these players chokers.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Chokers or flops...the fact is they were given some PT and didnt perform up to par...

With Tiago he was in sync with that bad ass lyon team of them days and also played well with chelsea... he really had it going on so i dont see why he couldnt have performed at least a half decent performance for us. Almiron on the other hand was ousted primarely becuase of Noce lucky string of great games... i feel that if he really was a "great" player he would have put that monkey back in his cage and showed him how to really run the midfield....

they were given "some" chances , but here in juve chances come rarely and expectations are high so i guess my thought is they just couldnt cope with the pressure...

who knows, they might leave us to some mid table team and Rock out there...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chokers or flops...the fact is they were given some PT and didnt perform up to par...

With Tiago he was in sync with that bad ass lyon team of them days and also played well with chelsea... he really had it going on so i dont see why he couldnt have performed at least a half decent performance for us. Almiron on the other hand was ousted primarely becuase of Noce lucky string of great games... i feel that if he really was a "great" player he would have put that monkey back in his cage and showed him how to really run the midfield....

they were given "some" chances , but here in juve chances come rarely and expectations are high so i guess my thought is they just couldnt cope with the pressure...

who knows, they might leave us to some mid table team and Rock out there...
But that's the easy answer to these problems... that the players "choked." We don't really know that.

And why isn't NOCERINO labeled as a CHOKER? That motherfucker looked like utter shit for 70% of the season when he was fielded.

But oh wait, he's an Italian hopeful, nuevo Gattuso, nuevo Pirlo hybrid whom we should respect. He also was fielded by Ranieri despite his horrible performances during winter, like he could not be ousted by even Essien himself.

But yeah, he is an Italian "starlet" in the Azzurrini who was selected all the time, so the bad press for this guy is purely unacceptable. Commentators from Italy to America say this guy had a good season with Juventus, so it's completely obvious the media has a say in what fans believe.

Stupid motherfuckers.

Apr 15, 2006
Well you are an intelligent football fan then.

+REP

People put too much confidence in Ranieri to ever castigate him over these players, no matter how many few games they play. Fools talk shit about these players while assuming Ranieri was correct in benching them throughout the season. Moreover, the media started to label Tiago a flop in November. And of course, as seen here frequently, morons will believe what the media says... even their headlines. Goes to show the level of intelligence on this forum and probably many others.
unless a player has totally underperformed after a string of 90 mins, then he surely deserves another seasons' chance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
unless a player has totally underperformed after a string of 90 mins, then he surely deserves another seasons' chance.
Not just a string of only 90 minutes, but SEVERAL 90 minutes, as in 25 games. Case in point - Molinaro. You can NOT compare Molinaro to Tiago and Almiron. The latter two weren't even given a fucking chance.

Apr 15, 2006
Not just a string of only 90 minutes, but SEVERAL 90 minutes, as in 25 games. Case in point - Molinaro. You can NOT compare Molinaro to Tiago and Almiron. The latter two weren't even given a fucking chance.
that's what i meant by 'string' of 90 mins... my bad! and yes, i totally agree with you bout Molinaro.

do you really feel CR will give em both a chance this season? or are they sold already?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
if Xabi Alonso is coming, the chances are at least one of them will move on.
Not forgetting Blanc mentioning abt Marchisio coming back

So a center midfield of Sissoko, Zanetti, Marchisio, Tiago, Almiron and Alonso is not quite possible

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Can anyone remember Almiron's pre-season games??
He seemed to be by far the most spectacular player, we signed after the post-calciopoli era.
He was exceptional at both creating and defending, he was all over the place,
he was as impressive, as he was in Empoli.
I couldnt believe he could suck so much at the beginning of the season, it was like watching another player. I dont know what happened to him, he seemed totally out of focus and motivation, he was too weak, too slow, too indecisive, quite the opposite of his standard characteristics.
I cant understand what could have caused such a dramatic change so fast, could it be a mental problem?
Did he realized that our coach didnt rely on him? What was the reason he kicked the opportunity of his life??
I am still very puzzled, some players just cant cope with the highest levels of competition, same thing happened to the exceptional Fabian O'Neil (Miccoli's favorite) I hope Giovinco's ambition and sheer quality, will help him to repel Zidanne's haunt, despite the lack of experience those two had...

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
if Xabi Alonso is coming, the chances are at least one of them will move on.
Not forgetting Blanc mentioning abt Marchisio coming back

So a center midfield of Sissoko, Zanetti, Marchisio, Tiago, Almiron and Alonso is not quite possible
Tiago & Almiron will both leave.

1 CM to come-hopefully Alonso.
and we'll have that midfield:

Sissoko-Alonso
(Zanetti-Marchisio)

Very well line and subs imo.

P.S:

We paid for Almiron 9 mil right?
can we get that amount from his sale now?how he did in Monaco?

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
What pissed me off most about Almiron was when he got dropped, Nocerino or someone got suspended and Almiron got given a second chance as starter in the midfield and TBH he played the most lethargic, utter shit game I have seen for quite a while.. It was his chance to show himself but he didnt even try, he quite simply just did not bother running whereas at least Nocerino had the heart to run and then make a terrible pass

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I cannot agree with you more, tiago didnt get a chance he is a good player.

Let ranier field him next year and you will see, last season he played nocerino when he should have played tiago.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Tiago and Almiron were utter flops. I don't give a shite if someone here says to me that they haven't been given enough chances. In the chances they got, they sucked badly. Tiago's and Almiron's contribution compared to playing time is much lesser than Nocerino's and Molinaro's. I don't give a shit if the latter 2 played 10 times more. I am comparing their performances, not playing time. Tiago and Almiron are MAJOR flops for Juventus.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I cannot agree with you more, tiago didnt get a chance he is a good player.

Let ranier field him next year and you will see, last season he played nocerino when he should have played tiago.
Tiago actually played 20 matches this season and over 1000 minutes. He got planty of chances and he was the worst performer. No idea how you can say he didn't have a chance. I think you are just biased towards him as many other are, which results in talking out of your ass. Tiago sucks and will be sold. End of story. I will not cry a fucking river over some flop who didn't even contribute 2% to Juventus success. Plenty of players left Juventus. Why should I cry over Tiago when I know he will be replaced with a better player?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
By the way, Nocerino sucked and he was sold immediately to Palermo. Didn't you hear what he said? "Juventus didn't believe in me". Nocerino didn't have any special treatment because he was an Azzurini player. He sucked and he was sold. Simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)