Sergio Almiron (18 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
seriously. right now he is not showing enough to be even considered a rotational/squad player.

I think he is more likely to get the boot than Tiago. Hope he proves me wrong though. I don't think he's the new Veron but I d think he can offer us something decent in the midfield

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'm curious to see how our team would work now, with both Tiago and Almiron in it at the same time.

Would something like the following be worth Considering?

__________Zanetti
________Tiago_ Almiron
Camoranesi Trezeguet Iaquinta

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I'm curious to see how our team would work now, with both Tiago and Almiron in it at the same time.

__________Zanetti
________Tiago_ Almiron
maybe if Almiron can reproduce his Empoli form. As for now if he plays then we might as well be playing with 10 men.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Almiron should never play for a team bigger than Udinese.
seriously, moving players for roster claims is no reason to pick up trash. what a waste of money. approx 9M down the drain, not to mention tiago alongside it with 13M blown. blame ranieri for not using them or whatever but there is no denying that they are not big stage players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

__________Zanetti
________Tiago_ Almiron
I've been promoting that formation for God knows how long. But people labeled me an idiot for placing Camoranesi as a right forward. Shame, it would work brilliantly.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
All these formations revolve around dropping Nocerino and it is something Ranieri is not willing to do.
I agree with Ranieri playing Nocerino both because he has done well and, though it is improving, I still feel more comforatable when our defence has the protection of 2 DMs.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I agree with Ranieri playing Nocerino both because he has done well and, though it is improving, I still feel more comforatable when our defence has the protection of 2 DMs.
But we are being one-dimensional and this is affecting our creativity and creating chances.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But we are being one-dimensional and this is affecting our creativity and creating chances.
I know, but I always believe in building from the back.

If we stick with 2 DMs with Tiago in fronts of them and then have Camo and Iaquinta playing off Trez we would make heaps of chances.

For 4-4-2 to work with 2 DMs you need a great SS to come deep and help link the play. We don't have that right now since DP is out of form/over the hill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)