Sergio Almiron (31 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I agree, Nedved and Camoranesi are gold..
I feel the best way to play is with four midfielders. Camo, Nedved at the sides and Almiron/Tiago along side Zanetti in the middle. Zanetti is the best DM we have at the moment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Almiron refutes Nedved rift

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus midfielder Sergio Almiron has rubbished claims that he doesn’t see eye to eye with teammate Pavel Nedved.

The Argentine arrived from Empoli for around £6m in the summer market and appears to have settled in Turin.

There were fears that past altercations with Czech winger Nedved while on opposing sides may lead to strained relations between the pair, but the 26-year-old strenuously denies that is the case.

“I’ll admit that when I was at Empoli I didn’t like Nedved, but now I know him better I can see that he is a completely different person,” Almiron insisted.

The ex-Udinese man played a crucial role in Empoli’s shock UEFA Cup qualification last term and is starting to win some flattering comparisons.

“Am I the new Juan Sebastian Veron? I have never thought that, but lots of people say that to me so maybe there is some truth in it. To be compared to him alone is a huge compliment.

“Playing for Juventus is a big deal, but I believe in my abilities. Ranieri’s faith in me has helped me to relax and I hope I won’t disappoint.”

Although it is widely agreed that the Old Lady’s realistic target is fourth place after a season in the Purgatory of Serie B, Almiron has greater ambitions.

“We are an excellent squad and we will surely do well,” he stated. “Inter and Milan may have something extra, but if we are up there later on in the season why can’t we compete for the Scudetto?”

channel 4

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He got injured in training a day or two before the match, his recovery was in doubt to begin with. Though i'm not certain if the injury really is the reason he wasn't even on the bench, but i'd imagine so.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Sergio set for London?
Juventus midfielder Sergio Almiron is being linked with a move to the Premier League with West Ham and Tottenham believed to be interested. The Argentine has failed to fully settle in Turin and it has been suggested that Bianconeri sporting director Alessio Secco discussed his sale when he was in London last month. An estimated £6m would be required to secure the ex-Empoli man’s services.

Channel 4

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Sergio set for London?
Juventus midfielder Sergio Almiron is being linked with a move to the Premier League with West Ham and Tottenham believed to be interested. The Argentine has failed to fully settle in Turin and it has been suggested that Bianconeri sporting director Alessio Secco discussed his sale when he was in London last month. An estimated £6m would be required to secure the ex-Empoli man’s services.

Channel 4
How much did we pay to get him?!!!!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
This is disappointing. I hope our Board is learning from their mistakes. Or Almiron can still prove that his place is in Juventus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)