Sergio Almiron (1 Viewer)

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Well juve red,i don't really understand what u said!!!Excuse me but i'm from Greece so i can't undestand everything in English.Plz explain for the fear of misunderstandings...sorry

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he means he has jsut gotten to know u so u cant call him a friend yet :)...j/k of course...

anyway i am pleased again that Juve have signed predominantly attack-minded players for the CMF...i think we can move on from the 2 DMF days so that we can improve our playing style by making it more attack-minded...ppl say Almi plays like Veron so that is already a great comparison...Touchwood he does well in Turin

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i watched almiron play for empoli a few times and he was always said to be a good player. I wasnt sure that when we signed him, wether he was ready to play for a big club or not. After watching him in our pre-season friendlies so far, this guy looks awesome. He has great vision, quick feet, good reflexes and a nice cross. It also seems that he can take free kicks well! He will really shine for us this season IMO. Tiago and Almiron, a great midfield pairing in my eyes.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
i watched almiron play for empoli a few times and he was always said to be a good player. I wasnt sure that when we signed him, wether he was ready to play for a big club or not. After watching him in our pre-season friendlies so far, this guy looks awesome. He has great vision, quick feet, good reflexes and a nice cross. It also seems that he can take free kicks well! He will really shine for us this season IMO. Tiago and Almiron, a great midfield pairing in my eyes.
Agreed. I think the pairing of Almirón and Tiago has the potential to be one of the best in Europe. They are very versatile, and with Almirón deep spraying passes, Tiago can propably be a bit more defensive. I think they can become a real scoop for us.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ever since I started paying more attention to Almiron, I've always thought he was an interesting player. He is a deep-lying playmaker through and through, coming back to pick up the ball and either look for a long pass or hit a target close rang. Almiron will do the same job for us that Xabi Alonso does for Rafa, the same job Xavi does for Rijkaard, and the same job Pirlo does for Milan. He's essentially a carbon-copy of Seba Veron, except more of a stable professional.

And another thing... from watching him during these friendlies, I must say that he's doing a great job getting stuck in and making tackles. From watching his matches at Empoli, I didn't think we could employ him without a Gattuso-like player next to him, but after these friendlies my opinion might have changed. I think a player such as Zanetti would do, and with Tiago's experiance with the 4-3-3, in my opinion this is the way Ranieri should field us.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
And another thing... from watching him during these friendlies, I must say that he's doing a great job getting stuck in and making tackles. From watching his matches at Empoli, I didn't think we could employ him without a Gattuso-like player next to him, but after these friendlies my opinion might have changed. I think a player such as Zanetti would do, and with Tiago's experiance with the 4-3-3, in my opinion this is the way Ranieri should field us.
When taking into account this summer's purchases, it would be absolutely idiotic to field a 4-4-2. There are five central midfielders in the squad that deserve to be starters, and I don't see why a 4-3-3 wouldn't work as long as either Zanetti or Nocerino get playing time in between Almiron and Tiago, just like you said. I think Nedved will be a sub here on in, but if God forbid either Tiago or Almiron end up injured, he can easily take on their roles as well. I'm not worried about the midfield in a 4-3-3, as it best suits the squad...however, the back four make my stomach turn.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
When taking into account this summer's purchases, it would be absolutely idiotic to field a 4-4-2. There are five central midfielders in the squad that deserve to be starters, and I don't see why a 4-3-3 wouldn't work as long as either Zanetti or Nocerino get playing time in between Almiron and Tiago, just like you said. I think Nedved will be a sub here on in, but if God forbid either Tiago or Almiron end up injured, he can easily take on their roles as well. I'm not worried about the midfield in a 4-3-3, as it best suits the squad...however, the back four make my stomach turn.
I agree, except for the part about Nedved being a sub. What I see us doing is using either Nedved or Del Piero on the left with Camoranesi or Marchionni on the right, all in between Trezeguet. Or, however, we could potentially use Nedved and Del Piero behind Trezeguet in the front 3, which I would mind seeing either. I don't want to bench Nedved as we need his drive and I don't want to bench Del Piero as we need him as well. However, I think Nedved is wasted playing left-wing and we need him running through opposition defenses around the box, so this is a conundrum.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I agree, except for the part about Nedved being a sub. What I see us doing is using either Nedved or Del Piero on the left with Camoranesi or Marchionni on the right, all in between Trezeguet. Or, however, we could potentially use Nedved and Del Piero behind Trezeguet in the front 3, which I would mind seeing either. I don't want to bench Nedved as we need his drive and I don't want to bench Del Piero as we need him as well. However, I think Nedved is wasted playing left-wing and we need him running through opposition defenses around the box, so this is a conundrum.
So essentially what you're getting at here is that you want to play like Milan? :D Christmas tree formation...meh. We'll see what happens.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
The squad is still well(or maybe even best) suited for the 4-4-2, if only due to the presence of Camoranesi and Nedved.
I agree with most of the first two posts except for the fact that a 433 does not utilize our 4 best players. Camo, Trez, DP, and Ned are all world class players. We need them on the field at the same time. People are very into their preferred formations, but we have to realize what we have in terms of personel. I said it when management picked up both Tiago and Almiron that it was a mistake to start these two at the same time. There is no ball winner. Would these guys work excellently in a 433 system. YES. But, more importantly, if we go to 433 we dont take advantage of our best four players. Tiago and Almiron need to rotate game to game next to Zanetti and Nocerino. When we need to protect a lead we can have Zan and Noc in the middle. When we need to score, we go with Tia and Alm. Rotating these players in a 442 can be a tactical advantage for us. Like it or not... this team has 442 written all over them.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I love Almiron, but I'm worried how well he's gonna work with Tiago. Like Ranieri said both players have a tendency to attack, and on the counter opposing players are gonna have a free run straight at our backline, causing either one of 2 things
1) Almiron or Tiago have to hold back a player and stopping the attack, therefore getting a yellow card.
2) One of the DC's will have to rush forward to intercept the attacking player leaving a gap in defense that could result in a one-on-one with the GK.

Ranieri's solution to this was to put 2 DMC's when we only need 1. This guy can't seem to find a balance of the team.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I love Almiron, but I'm worried how well he's gonna work with Tiago. Like Ranieri said both players have a tendency to attack, and if on the counter opposing players are gonna have a free run straight at our backline, causing either one of 2 things
1) Almiron or Tiago have to hold back a player and stopping the attack, therefore getting a yellow card.
2) One of the DC's will have to rush forward to intercept the attacking player leaving a gap in defense that could result in a one-on-one with the GK.

Ranieri's solution to this was to put 2 DMC's when we only need 1. This guy can't seem to find a balance of the team.
First of all... Ranieri is an idiot. He is slow to realize the obvious. Tiago and Almiron are both quick to advance. In the Serie A and CL this sort of thing is suicide. We need one of them to play next to either Zanetti or Nocerino. We have good players in attack. We need to help out our defense.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
First of all... Ranieri is an idiot. He is slow to realize the obvious. Tiago and Almiron are both quick to advance. In the Serie A and CL this sort of thing is suicide. We need one of them to play next to either Zanetti or Nocerino. We have good players in attack. We need to help out our defense.
Nocerino and Almiron must be great they start in your starting team and reserve team :D

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
To b realy honest, I only feel like Tiago-Almiron is good enough to get us by in a game against anyone not in the top 6 or so but for the big game vs the "better teams" we might have to employ Zanetti in place of one of them

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
To b realy honest, I only feel like Tiago-Almiron is good enough to get us by in a game against anyone not in the top 6 or so but for the big game vs the "better teams" we might have to employ Zanetti in place of one of them
I totally agree. Although I do have a ton of faith in Nocerino, and I am not one to overrate youngsters.

I like him to such a level that I'm forgetting all about Diego or Van der Vaart.
He looks promising and could be a great signing.
Same here. He could be exactly the type of CM we need next to Nocerino ;)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The squad is still well (or maybe even best) suited for the 4-4-2, if only due to the presence of Camoranesi and Nedved.
:agree: Camoranesi and Nedved are too good to be sacrified for Almiron and Tiago. Some people just don´t understand how good really Camoranesi is and how brilliant Nedved is. You don´t change formation so you can make place for players like Tiago and Almiron. Nedved and Camoranesi are the 2 best midfielders in Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)