Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
To tell you the truth, Im not that hooked about us signing SMS.
He is clearly a great player but his ambitions seem not ambitious enough. He should have asked to leave last year and even this year he says he is happy to be a Lazio player and didnt ask to leave.

Aug 2, 2005
Well.. him saying he is happy at Lazio etc.. is very normal..what do you expect him to say..

As for us bringing him in.. if he is leaving Lazio.. EPL will be all over him for 100M+

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The fuck it is. We have no idea what his real motivation is. Just because he isn't screaming to the media that he hates it there and Lazio will never ever win anything doesn't mean he isn't ambitious. Being a professional athlete, buy its nature requires ambition otherwise they never train hard enough to become professional and make that leap.

lol you guys kill me

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He literally said last week he was happy at Lazio.
1.) Would a normal professional outright say otherwise if they weren't happy? (i.e. blast their club?)
2.) How does that make him unambitious?

- - - Updated - - -

Does that make Rabiot super-ambitious because he wants to stay at the most successful Italian club? Trying to understand the parameters in which you all draw the line between being ambitious and not.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
1.) Would a normal professional outright say otherwise if they weren't happy? (i.e. blast their club?)
2.) How does that make him unambitious?

- - - Updated - - -

Does that make Rabiot super-ambitious because he wants to stay at the most successful Italian club? Trying to understand the parameters in which you all draw the line between being ambitious and not.
Playing for Lazio for many seasons when you could play for any top team is quite a clear indicator. This is a team which doesn't even qualify for the CL....from Serie A. Quite a clear parameter, I think it's fair to say he is unambitious. And that's not necessarily a criticism, he might be very happy being big fish.

Btw I can see Barcelona spending €90m of imaginary money on him next summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Playing for Lazio for many seasons when you could play for any top team is quite a clear indicator. This is a team which doesn't even qualify for the CL....from Serie A. Quite a clear parameter, I think it's fair to say he is unambitious. And that's not necessarily a criticism, he might be very happy being big fish.

Btw I can see Barcelona spending €90m of imaginary money on him next summer.
I can see the arguments you all make, and it makes sense I just don't agree. Being unambitious would be staying at Genk and not making the jump to the Italian top flight. Some people are content with what they have and maintaining that status quo by definition IMO requires some kind of ambition in order not to slide back. He has become a key player there, earned a few new salary bumps along the way, probably has a solid life in Rome. By not wanting that to change though makes him lack ambition? Sometimes people define success by other means, I don't see the reason to criticize him over it. The guy could quite easily walk into most lineups in Europe, he knows that but looks at what he enjoys and it might be alittle different than others.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
All athletes are competitive by nature. You train hard to compete to win.

Lazio isn’t in the business of winning anything. A super coppa here or there doesn’t cut it. All athletes want to compete for the big trophies. By staying at Lazio he’s indicating that he doesn’t have the ambition to compete for all the glory despite having the abilities and work ethic , etc.

We all know he can but he doesn’t. Then it’s simply a waste of talent.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The fuck it is. We have no idea what his real motivation is. Just because he isn't screaming to the media that he hates it there and Lazio will never ever win anything doesn't mean he isn't ambitious. Being a professional athlete, buy its nature requires ambition otherwise they never train hard enough to become professional and make that leap.

lol you guys kill me
Guess he is as ambitious as Lazio then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)