Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A little harsh...we have seen his potential and at his best he is the real deal who under a good manager at a top 5 club in the world like juve he could turn it around very quickly and regain that form which would help take our midfield to the next level. Unfortunately 50m to 60m isn't a lot of money in today's football.

Spurs got a good deal NDombele but they have the attraction lf the EPL and just played in a CL final. We unfortunately have it harder to convince players although now with Ronaldo it does seem to be bringing in more stars.

Question I have is how Pogba's value has increased so much when he has consistently underperformed at United since leaving us. A world cup winner yes, played well in that tournament yes...but Fuck me...his value has sky rocketed for essentially playing half as well as he wearing that juve jersey a few years back.

Last point...players are allowed to have patches of bad form...I don't think any player in the history of the game has performed brilliantly every time they have stepped onto the pitch. SMS is playing at lazio, do you think it would be easy to play as well as he did the season before last on a consistent basis?

At this point paying 60m plus adding a 20m player in the deal makes a hell of a lot more sense then bringing in pogba and losing Dybala sandro and another.
Pogba is playing at an EPL team while SMS is playing in serie A so naturally pogba would retain his value a lot longer than someone playing in a league which doesn't have the money or the attraction. I'm not disagreeing that pogba's value should be much lower but everything over there is fluctuated. This why its difficult to compare values of players from two leagues easily. Value also depends on what other clubs are willing to pay and not necessarily what the clubs want. This is why spurs can buy ndombele for 60 as he is coming from a poorer league while union has to pay 70-80 to bring in donkey faced maguire.

I still believe SMS should be valued no more than 60, his value has dropped and lets face it he was never 100. It's just what stubborn lolito thinks but will never get and in hindsight if he doesn't sell SMS this season then its Lazios loss more than our gain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:agree:
He is not only an aerial threat. He tends to drift to the left as Mandzu did, he can shoot with both legs, great with a quick one-two so no problem with Sarriball etc. I think he might be an amazing fit here.
And the best of all is that he has the mentality of a normal human football player, in comparison to the social meddia dabber who is just interested in haircuts and being funny... while earning inflated paychecks.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Don't mind the social media posting provided on the field pogba plays consistently at his highest level. Pogba and SMS at their best walk into our starting line up. I just dont see pogba being worth double the price even if he is obviously much more marketable. Unless 60m in pogba jerseys are sold next season of course.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So, you would sign an above average midfielder over a generational talent, thx fucking no.
You're right

let's let another season pass where our midfield is sub par. I mean there is not point to strengthen the spine of the team that was shattered in Cardiff, which was cobbled together after the sale of Pogba and Vidal and Pirlo's retirement.

Brilliant logic

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
You're right

let's let another season pass where our midfield is sub par. I mean there is not point to strengthen the spine of the team that was shattered in Cardiff, which was cobbled together after the sale of Pogba and Vidal and Pirlo's retirement.

Brilliant logic
Wijnaldum-Fabinho-Henderson won CL. We did not with our supermidfield. Our midfield next season is not worse then Pool. Our football has been worsd then Liverpool, let's hope Sarri can change our style and approach.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Wijnaldum-Fabinho-Henderson won CL. We did not with our supermidfield. Our midfield next season is not worse then Pool. Our football has been worsd then Liverpool, let's hope Sarri can change our style and approach.
Now you're comparing brand's of coaching

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Wijnaldum-Fabinho-Henderson won CL. We did not with our supermidfield.
we faced one of the best attacking trios of the last 20 years in '15, started without chiellini, and had a very strong penalty appeal at 1-1. we were unlucky. pool had had a very soft penalty after 20 seconds, and basically catenaccio'd their way throughout the match. they were pretty lucky. that separated the two results, not the quality of the midfield players.

people tend to forget that there's no recipe for cl glory. sometimes the most expensive squad wins it, sometimes a superstar, sometimes some heroic defensive work, or just some pure luck at a penalty shootout. at cardiff, real defended much better than us, like pool defended better than spurs a couple of weeks ago. there's one single common element of the winners: they never give up. in that sense, the guy who lost a title in a hotel room raises some questions. let's hope he can change himself before trying to change us.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
we faced one of the best attacking trios of the last 20 years in '15, started without chiellini, and had a very strong penalty appeal at 1-1. we were unlucky. pool had had a very soft penalty after 20 seconds, and basically catenaccio'd their way throughout the match. they were pretty lucky. that separated the two results, not the quality of the midfield players.

people tend to forget that there's no recipe for cl glory. sometimes the most expensive squad wins it, sometimes a superstar, sometimes some heroic defensive work, or just some pure luck at a penalty shootout. at cardiff, real defended much better than us, like pool defended better than spurs a couple of weeks ago. there's one single common element of the winners: they never give up. in that sense, the guy who lost a title in a hotel room raises some questions. let's hope he can change himself before trying to change us.
Weakest cl final teams since forever, and tottenham lucked their way to the final. Wont be like this in 100 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)