Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I like that we are jumping out of sms hype train. I think because we are already stronger than last year, we might as well take less risks with our next purchase. I think 25mil for golovin or 40 for Kovacic are much less of a risk and could turn out yet another starting XI upgrade.
I agree! We have improved significally already with Cancelo and Emre Can. And Perin is a great rotation to the Pole

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Not the 100M+ material Lotito is bragging about. Would like him at a decent price - his performance against Brazil midfield was simply not good enough. Not to mention he has someone like Matic, covering his back. Brazil has a decent midfield, but still...

I know a WC is not the greates place to judge players, but by the same token great players shine on exactly such occasions.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"I'll return to Rome and I would be happy if I stay at Lazio, as I'm content there and I have a contract," he said. "I read something different in the papers every day, but I haven't thought about it yet. First, I'll rest for a bit, then we'll see."

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree! We have improved significally already with Cancelo and Emre Can. And Perin is a great rotation to the Pole
Its funny since before he signed people here were saying he is shlt and now that he signed he is a great player who improves us in a great manner...

I do think we are better than last year but not by that much..
Can is a good player but he isnt Modric or something
Cancelo is an improvement at RB no doubt about it
Polak to be starting ahead of Buffon - Buffon was so much for our team - from being a great GK + organizing the defense + He was a motivator and a GK that was impossible to distract and put him through a bad spell.
To me Polak instead of Buffon is a major downgrade even if Polak has yet to show anything to worry about..
Getting another midfielder of the highest level will mean business and if somehow we manage to ship Higuain and get a forward that isnt as heavy as Higuain it would be a great bonus

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Is rather spend 100m on SMS than 80m on Martial. The first one would surely improve our team. The later one is just a huge risk.
Obviously.

It would be absurd to spend that money for Martial if SMS were a possibility.

It must be clear now, that our midfield is what is holding us back. And in that light: when was the last tiem a non-elite midfield won CL? Bayern or Chelsea? Altho as units I would define them as elite. United in 2008 maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Also 100m on SMS is a huge risk. Guy has had one good season so far.
Any signing in that price range is a risk. As we've seen with Higuain.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If you're basing this on WC performances, I assume you never watched CSKA play, then remember that Golovin only excelled vs. Saudi Arabia and was decent vs. Egypt and total trash vs. Uruguay.

SMS played against much superior opposition in a deeper role than he's accustomed to.
Id even say he was nowhere to be seen against Uruguay

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Obviously.

It would be absurd to spend that money for Martial if SMS were a possibility.

It must be clear now, that our midfield is what is holding us back. And in that light: when was the last tiem a non-elite midfield won CL? Bayern or Chelsea? Altho as units I would define them as elite. United in 2008 maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Any signing in that price range is a risk. As we've seen with Higuain.
i liked Uniteds midfield, Scholes was elite although old and i found Carrick to be underrated back then. but they had elite defense (including goalie), wingers and attack, so their success isnt necessarily down to the midfield. even Liverpool in 2005 had Xabi Alonso and Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)