bugvengeance said:
indonesian claiming this is their game
malaysia also claiming it
thai's also doing the same thing...

so lets say that this game originated from south east asia
so everybody is happy :)

im used to play sepak takraw during my school days
the scissors kick is the best thing about this game

later the thai's invent the 'servis kuda' (in english it means 'horse service' lol)
its an unusual way of taking the 'service'
after that the games ends much more faster,cos most of the service yield a point
Hi Bug! Apparently u follow my suggestions to post more, ha... Great2!

Buy on AliExpress.com

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
boekhorst said:
the best sepak takraw team is thailand, i read it on Tsubasa Comic Book
I admit that Thais not only best @ sepak takraw.. they always rules SEA GAMES almost in every sports..

ßömßärdîër said:
Sounds like a credible source.
Yes, indeed.. :D

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
IlDivinCodino said:
:lol: speak for yourself.......noone dares to say where this game originated from and yet you're claiming it confidently that it originated from Indonesia. No offense but you're really making yourself lower IMO. The experts are debating whether this game originated from Malaysia or Thailand. Indonesia is not included at all!!!
So please.......stop it. Who are we to even say anything about the origins?
The original game was not played on a court. People form a round and just juggles the ball and whoever made it falls gets kicked out. And those were the past time games played in the past in Malaysia and Thailand
ok, i have not enough evidence to say that sepak takraw was originally from indonesia. this game is a traditional game played hundreds years ago in Makassar, Kalimantan. It also used by some Islam leader to spread Islam religion in Makassar.
No one can really sure what happen on that time. They played it, maybe they taught it to someone else, or someone saw it and bring it to their home. No body knows.

You can see there. (but it's in indonesian)
http://www.sinarharapan.co.id/berita/0512/08/ola09.html

actually i didn't take it so seriously on this thing. but your said that indonesian don't know their history is kind of insult for me and my country :(

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
hcandraw said:
Hey, care to tell me more about this? I'm interested to hear more please.

There are 19 licences about Tempe, 13 of it owned by US: 8 owned by Z-L Limited Partnership, 2 by Gyorgy about tempe's oil, 2 by Pfaff about incubator and how to make tempe, 1 by Yueh about how to make food from tempe.
6 licenses owned by Japan, 4 about hoe to make tempe, 1 about antioxidant, 1 about cosmetic from tempe, the other is called "tempeh" discovered by Nishi and Inoue (Riken VitaminCo. Ltd) in July 10 1986.

http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache...ejarah+tempe+jepang&hl=id&gl=id&ct=clnk&cd=23

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
d.nico said:
There are 19 licences about Tempe, 13 of it owned by US: 8 owned by Z-L Limited Partnership, 2 by Gyorgy about tempe's oil, 2 by Pfaff about incubator and how to make tempe, 1 by Yueh about how to make food from tempe.
6 licenses owned by Japan, 4 about hoe to make tempe, 1 about antioxidant, 1 about cosmetic from tempe, the other is called "tempeh" discovered by Nishi and Inoue (Riken VitaminCo. Ltd) in July 10 1986.

http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache...ejarah+tempe+jepang&hl=id&gl=id&ct=clnk&cd=23
Damn! :sick:

I really2 love tempe.. Tempe is a must everyday..

Tempe with sambal terasi is perfect! :p

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
el_02 said:
Damn! :sick:

I really2 love tempe.. Tempe is a must everyday..

Tempe with sambal terasi is perfect! :p
imagine someday tempe will become very expensive because we have to pay royalty. :sick:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

we used to play something like this in high school but on a tennis field, it was great fun but this is undoubtebly a lot more difficult.

May 4, 2004
Wow..
I did try this out with friends...
But never knew it was a sport somewhere in this world...

That video is very sick...
Lets hope this Sepak Takraw will be allowed to take place under the Olympic games.. That would be cool...

bugvengeance

Sep 3, 2006
they did try to get this game into Olympic
but its not that easy
cos its still not an 'international' game

only this part of the world is familiar with it
so still a long way to see this game in Olympic :)

n owh yeah,i remember they suggest 'volley bisc' as the english name for this sport
:)

Asia Games will be held in Doha on december
hope my country can win gold medal for the sepak takraw :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)