Sepak Takraw (3 Viewers)

Mar 24, 2006
d.nico said:
I know the history man. And don't teach, like you are the only person who know everything. :(

This game is originally indonesian. malaysia and thailand made it a sport internationally. but the game itself is from indonesia.

The problem with indonesia, we don't care too much about intelectual right etc. Even tempe (a food made from soyage bean) which is like a main food in indonesia, everybody eats it everyday, Japan claim it and licence it.
I can't imagine someday i eat Tempe and i have to pay some money to Japan :disagree:

2 thumbs up mate for u'r good defence :agree: i believe in a fact ! indonesia raya !! Lol

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
d.nico said:
I know the history man. And don't teach, like you are the only person who know everything. :(

This game is originally indonesian. malaysia and thailand made it a sport internationally. but the game itself is from indonesia.

The problem with indonesia, we don't care too much about intelectual right etc. Even tempe (a food made from soyage bean) which is like a main food in indonesia, everybody eats it everyday, Japan claim it and licence it.
I can't imagine someday i eat Tempe and i have to pay some money to Japan :disagree:
:lol: speak for yourself.......noone dares to say where this game originated from and yet you're claiming it confidently that it originated from Indonesia. No offense but you're really making yourself lower IMO. The experts are debating whether this game originated from Malaysia or Thailand. Indonesia is not included at all!!!
So please.......stop it. Who are we to even say anything about the origins?
The original game was not played on a court. People form a round and just juggles the ball and whoever made it falls gets kicked out. And those were the past time games played in the past in Malaysia and Thailand

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
Thailand, Burma, Malaysia and Indonesia all claim that Takraw originated from their country, but there's hardly any evidence to prove which specific country invented it. all i know is that takraw was first played during the Ayuddya Era (when it was the capital of thailand)--during which there was a war between Thailand and Burma. it's said that while in camp, the soldiers from both sides would wrap cloth into a small ball and kick it around.....then later they traded the cloth for rattan which is Waay in thai.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Enron said:
They play a similar game in Brazil.
Btw, while the Brazilian history of their version of the sport doesn't go back as far, it's independent origins are at least as interesting.

On many of the beaches in Brazil's big beach cities (e.g., Rio), it's illegal to play soccer. So legend has it that many became proficient in this sport as they started playing soccer with volleyball nets and volleyball-like rules.

Kind of reminds me of high school gym when I partnered up with a guy by the name of Hector Corona, high school soccer star. The guy would play gym class basketball with us using his feet, and damn if he didn't have a better shot percentage than most of us....

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
Ha, Nico.. Great u know the history.. 'cos I wasn't sure, that's why I said as far as I know.
& our Batik Parang patent from Yogyakarta also has been ripped by Malaysia..They even export it! & They asked for 70% royalty... is it fair?
And lots of other batik design has been duplicated by Malaysia, Nederland, & Japan..

hcandraw

Aug 22, 2006
IlDivinCodino said:
:lol: speak for yourself.......noone dares to say where this game originated from and yet you're claiming it confidently that it originated from Indonesia. No offense but you're really making yourself lower IMO. The experts are debating whether this game originated from Malaysia or Thailand. Indonesia is not included at all!!!
So please.......stop it. Who are we to even say anything about the origins?
The original game was not played on a court. People form a round and just juggles the ball and whoever made it falls gets kicked out. And those were the past time games played in the past in Malaysia and Thailand
I'm puzzled. You said it, and yet you are still laughing at others and as if you are claiming it to be yours (and Thailand)?

As far as I know, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, Thailand, Burma, and Malaysia were all the inventors of this sport. No one preceded others because they all happened to play this sport roughly at the same time. I'm a mix of Aussie, Malay, and Indo, by the way, so I know quite of the story. :pint:

hcandraw

Aug 22, 2006
d.nico said:

Hey, care to tell me more about this? I'm interested to hear more please.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm never to sure about that, to be honest. You go to school in the U.S., you learn that the Wright brothers were first in flight. In Brazil, the school kids learn Alberto Santos-Dumont was the first to fly. In France, Clément Ader...

bugvengeance

Sep 3, 2006
indonesian claiming this is their game
malaysia also claiming it
thai's also doing the same thing...

so lets say that this game originated from south east asia
so everybody is happy :)

im used to play sepak takraw during my school days
the scissors kick is the best thing about this game

later the thai's invent the 'servis kuda' (in english it means 'horse service' lol)
its an unusual way of taking the 'service'
after that the games ends much more faster,cos most of the service yield a point

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I used to play this all the time with my friends, but nowhere near as ridiculously as that video :lol2:

We played with a normal ball, too.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Well yea, we play soccertennis and soccervolleyball for practice whenever it rains and fields are closed, but my friends and I go out and play them both just recreationally as well. (usually soccertennis, though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)