sell del piero (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Talking about Playingt against small/medium teams.
Then eat this :
- Del Piero Man Of the match against Milan 2-1 In delle alpi making both assists.
- Against roma in both legs scoring 3 goals out 4 scored by the whole team and demolishing Roma.
- Against Lazio making One of all time great assists for Nedved to score just look at the way he trapped the ball simply world class.
-Against Inter in the first leg he was having a good game and scored a world class Penalty that is imposible to Block.And if he played in the 2nd he would have scored a brace at least.Inter was shit in this game.
-Against Parma Scoring 2 In italian super cup and saving our ass in delle alpi.
-Being man of the match in 2nd leg of real madrid match scoring an awesome goal.

Aren't all of these Great/Big Teams if it wasn't for him we would have seen milan winning the treble this year not the double.

I'm 100% sure that the time will come when nedved will have a bad run of form and by then you will say sell nedved and get a better replacemnet who can do more.You are simply not true Juventus fans.

I grantee you guys if we sell del piero it will be the worst mistake in Histroy of the game.and you will see a great Del Piero helping other team to Glory while your team is struglling without him.and you will cry your Heart out of missing Him in Juve.He is not just an Icon but Juventus Soul look how we suffered when we lost him before Man Utd Matches.and this will affect the Number of the fans too in a negative way.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
- Del Piero Man Of the match against Milan 2-1 In delle alpi making both assists.
Are you sure it was both assists? I thought Tacchinardi gave out the 2nd but I might be wrong. Anyway for that match, Thuram and Nedved were men of the match, they did such a great job defensively and in midfield!

- Against roma in both legs scoring 3 goals out 4 scored by the whole team and demolishing Roma.
Yeah credit to him for doing so, but as I said before Del Piero only shines with small/mid table teams, and Roma this year have been a mid table team.

- Against Lazio making One of all time great assists for Nedved to score just look at the way he trapped the ball simply world class.
This season DP dished 4 assists in Serie A. This was his best for sure, but apart from that assist, did he do anything else during the match?

-Against Inter in the first leg he was having a good game and scored a world class Penalty that is imposible to Block.And if he played in the 2nd he would have scored a brace at least.Inter was shit in this game.
He scored a world class penalty? A world class penalty (if they exist) are the spoon ones that Totti and Pirlo like to make.

His first leg game was crap and did nothing apart from the penalty.

The second game we might have not won with such a large margin. The 4-2-3-1 formation was brining out the best out of Nedved, and with Del Piero, he might have taken a seat back. Football is not made of ifs or maybes.

-Against Parma Scoring 2 In italian super cup and saving our ass in delle alpi.
True he played some great games this season against Parma. Credit to him cos he deserves it there.

-Being man of the match in 2nd leg of real madrid match scoring an awesome goal.
MoM was Nedved ;) But yes DP probably played his best game of the season there.

Aren't all of these Great/Big Teams if it wasn't for him we would have seen milan winning the treble this year not the double.
Nope. Parma, Lazio and Roma are good teams but not great/big teams.

I'm 100% sure that the time will come when nedved will have a bad run of form and by then you will say sell nedved and get a better replacemnet who can do more.You are simply not true Juventus fans.
Yeah that time will come cos Nedved is 30 now, and he shall be decreasing in quantity and quality.

Saying I`m not a true Juve fan? Why's that? Cos I critic DP? Oh ok then, I`ll just say "DP is the best player in the world, no one touch him! He does nothing wrong, and even if he doesn`t score any goal next season he`s still the best forward in the world." Come on open your eyes, don't be a player fan, be a team (juve) fan.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Hey guys....
Im new here....!! BAGGIO aka DJ
found this thread real interesting. However it wud make a lot more sense in 2050 AD. ;) :)))
Coz from the way i see it...Dp is JUVE, and probably will be so in some form or the other durng his lifetime.

FORZAAAA ADP

PS. feels nice to be here :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Are you sure it was both assists? I thought Tacchinardi gave out the 2nd but I might be wrong. Anyway for that match, Thuram and Nedved were men of the match, they did such a great job defensively and in midfield!
He made both assists and yeah he was the man of the match not nedved nor Thuram.

Yeah credit to him for doing so, but as I said before Del Piero only shines with small/mid table teams, and Roma this year have been a mid table team.
You can never say Roma is a mid table team even if they are in bad form.As what you call big teams strugling against them.

This season DP dished 4 assists in Serie A. This was his best for sure, but apart from that assist, did he do anything else during the match?
They are not only 4 there are many more just check the statistics.and all of them are world class.

He scored a world class penalty? A world class penalty (if they exist) are the spoon ones that Totti and Pirlo like to make.

His first leg game was crap and did nothing apart from the penalty.

The second game we might have not won with such a large margin. The 4-2-3-1 formation was brining out the best out of Nedved, and with Del Piero, he might have taken a seat back. Football is not made of ifs or maybes.
tell me Toldo would have blocked that.he is the best penalty taker we have and may be in the whole world.

Don't forget that lippi invented this 4-2-3-1 system to coup with Del Pierp absence.It was a huge blow for us.

True he played some great games this season against Parma. Credit to him cos he deserves it there.
At last you admit it ;)

MoM was Nedved ;) But yes DP probably played his best game of the season there.
No it was Del Piero check the Match ratings again.he and buffon were the highest.

Tell me you are Kidding.......

Yeah that time will come cos Nedved is 30 now, and he shall be decreasing in quantity and quality.
that was what i wanted to here..........Let others judge.

Saying I`m not a true Juve fan? Why's that? Cos I critic DP? Oh ok then, I`ll just say "DP is the best player in the world, no one touch him! He does nothing wrong, and even if he doesn`t score any goal next season he`s still the best forward in the world." Come on open your eyes, don't be a player fan, be a team (juve) fan.
Tell you why i am saying that because there are other problems you should be caring about instead you are just critisizing our best player in the last 10 years.

Can you tell me why didn't milan sell Maldini till now.even that he is no where near the 90s Maldini. why are they keeping him and paying that huge salary he gets.You seem you don't understand how a player can be the captain, soul and heart of the team even if he isn't the best player.That without them the team is lost.

Del Piero is not good enough for juve then explain why he was one of the best 10 players in the world last year in the Fifa ranking.

Can you give me a Ranked list of Juventus Players available now based on the periority of them to the team.

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    Taking DP's side sounds too politically correct ;)

I see Hussain's point of view and I......agree.

I used to love DP in his early Juve years, cos he used to score those wonderful goals and looked so dynamic. But since his 98 injury he's never been the same. The following 2/3 seasons he only scored through penalties!! What kind of forward is that?? Look at other forwards such as Totti, Miccoli, Mutu, etc...they score penalties, but they also score through open play.

This season DP started out magnificiently and I was getting into him once again, however while he was injured, we won about 8 out of 9 matches and personally I think we played our season's best football during that period, with Trezeguet as sole striker and Di Vaio, Nedved and Camoranesi/Zambrotta behind (4-2-3-1). In that period we demolished Inter, and awed everyone with our football, succeeding in passing both the milan teams and grabbing first spot.

When DP returned, our quality started decreasing, even though our quantity did not suffer. Sure DP scored goals and helped us(along with all the other players) in winning the Scudetto, but I`m sure that if it was another player in his position, he would have done the same.

Juve's best goals this season came from DP, the one against Piacenza and even Torino were brilliant, but unluckily I hardly remember any goal of his against major squads. He's a player that plays well against small/medium teams, but when the moment of truth comes, he fails. Examples? World Cup 98, Euro 2000 final, CL final 98 (vs Real), and many important games this season; and that's just to name a few.

I don't like Ronaldinho, but I think Mutu would be an excellent player. He's an excellent free kick taker (something DP has not been for a longgggggg time) and can dribble past the player (something else DP rarely does nowadays).

I think DP is just living on past glories; he's past it nowadays. Sell him if anyone wants him, before they all notice what he really is; a good all round player, but over rated.

thx for seeing my point

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #70
    ++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

Can you give me a Ranked list of Juventus Players available now based on the periority of them to the team.
    1- nedved
    2-del piero(not for him ,but cuz his Position)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    They are not only 4 there are many more just check the statistics.and all of them are world class
    I`m pretty sure it's 4, as this weekend I was checking out the Italian teletext and it said so. I'll recheck tonite and let you know.

tell me Toldo would have blocked that.he is the best penalty taker we have and may be in the whole world.
    DP does miss the occasional penalty, so he`s not perfect.

quote:

Tell me you are Kidding.......
    No you tell me you are kidding. How do you define a great team? A great team is one that is year in, year out fighting for top honours and among the elite teams in Europe. Parma, Lazio and Roma are good teams, but nowhere near great/big teams.

Tell you why i am saying that because there are other problems you should be caring about instead you are just critisizing our best player in the last 10 years.
    Best player in the last 10 years? Don't be blinded by the hype ;) Baggio, Zidane, Nedved, Vieri come on top of my mind and I'm sure I'm missing many others who have been better than DP in these past 10 years. DP is remembered more cos he's the longest serving juve player (along with Conte and Tacchinardi) therefore people get to see him every year. If say Baggio had stayed and DP left, we would be all idolizing Baggio right now, and no one talking about DP.

You seem you don't understand how a player can be the captain, soul and heart of the team even if he isn't the best player.That without them the team is lost.
    They seemed far from lost during his absence. 8 wins from 9 games and the best football played during this season.....

Del Piero is not good enough for juve then explain why he was one of the best 10 players in the world last year in the Fifa ranking.
    When you hype a player alot, many people end up believing the hype ;)

Can you give me a Ranked list of Juventus Players available now based on the periority of them to the team
    You mean importance to the team? Well Nedved, Buffon, Davids, Zambrotta, Thuram, Tacchinardi.

When these players were missing, we found it hard to cope; when DP was missing, Lippi just changed tactic and we still won (if not better).

Fact is, with or without DP we win; With or without one of the above mentioned players, we find it hard to win.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey hussain,
    Even though your view doesnt sound ridiculous, it's almost impossible. Agreed Dp isnt the same Dp of the 97-98 season.But he's still a class act, and more than his game, its the spirit he lends to Juve which makes his presence elementary . You've got to see that, a team with a winning mentality like JUVE's needs that one person on the field that elevates them into fighting till the whistle blows. And He's the inspiration. He's their leader. And even if Juve decide to sell him, they'll have to build a whole new team. With another nucleus of players, because letting dp go would mean letting half the squad go, and building from scratch. You dont generally do that when you have a winning combination.

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #73
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Hey hussain,
    Even though your view doesnt sound ridiculous, it's almost impossible. Agreed Dp isnt the same Dp of the 97-98 season.But he's still a class act, and more than his game, its the spirit he lends to Juve which makes his presence elementary . You've got to see that, a team with a winning mentality like JUVE's needs that one person on the field that elevates them into fighting till the whistle blows. And He's the inspiration. He's their leader. And even if Juve decide to sell him, they'll have to build a whole new team. With another nucleus of players, because letting dp go would mean letting half the squad go, and building from scratch. You dont generally do that when you have a winning combination.

juve sell zidane(who is the best player in the world)
    juve sell baggio(who was the best player in the world)

BUT JUVE Remain JUVE

so do u think juve will be weak if they sell dp

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I`m pretty sure it's 4, as this weekend I was checking out the Italian teletext and it said so. I'll recheck tonite and let you know.
    I'm sure it's more than 4 go check it and tell me and don't forget last season he was top assister.

DP does miss the occasional penalty, so he`s not perfect.
    He missed once this season in cheivo match he struck the ball well but it hit the bar so he is not to be blamed while Baggio missed the penalty of his life in worldcup 94 i will never forget it he is responsible for losing the cup to Brazil.Again i would say no one is perfect.

No you tell me you are kidding. How do you define a great team? A great team is one that is year in, year out fighting for top honours and among the elite teams in Europe. Parma, Lazio and Roma are good teams, but nowhere near great/big teams.
    No you are the one kidding you difine a great team by the players playing for it now and by the way he plays and Its Coach.not its History if so then Napoli is a great team .Tell me Roma and Lazio Lack these items.may be Parma is an elite team but when they finish in the top 6 for 8/9 successive seasons then they are not elite teams.and don't forget that Parma Beat Milan and ended his title hopes and the same goes for inter too.

Best player in the last 10 years? Don't be blinded by the hype Baggio, Zidane, Nedved, Vieri come on top of my mind and I'm sure I'm missing many others who have been better than DP in these past 10 years. DP is remembered more cos he's the longest serving juve player (along with Conte and Tacchinardi) therefore people get to see him every year. If say Baggio had stayed and DP left, we would be all idolizing Baggio right now, and no one talking about DP.
    What Hype are You talking about ??Oh give me a break Baggio didn't give Juve what Del Piero gave or will give in the future.Vieri oh my god you are totaly blind Vieri didn't star before Joining Atletico Madrid.He was on the bench with Juventus and scored about 11/12 Goals.Zidane the one who Sold the club that made him to join that silly bastards of madrdid No way . About Nedved Yes he is good but please don't compare him with Del Piero.The former Playing one good Half season while the later spend his whole Career Giving and playing for juventus.It is not fair.And why he is the longest serving Juve player is it because he is bad.Buddy Please think before you write such nonsense.

They seemed far from lost during his absence. 8 wins from 9 games and the best football played during this season.....
    What teams did we play this 8 games against ? all are small teams except for inter and depor and we suffered against the later and if it wasn't for tudor we would have been waving good bye to the CL since then.
    And I Can remember us suffering the 1st match after Del Piero injury which was agianst Empoli and we won the match with a wrong called penalty scored by trezeguet.and it wasn't the best football played during the season and if you think so then you know Nothing about good football.

When you hype a player alot, many people end up believing the hype
    Did this convince you because it wont convince a 2 years old baby.May be later i will explain to you how the ranking system works in Fifa.

You mean importance to the team? Well Nedved, Buffon, Davids, Zambrotta, Thuram, Tacchinardi.
    :LOL: All these players can't be replaced are you kidding me.We can do without most of them except for Del Piero and nedved because we have no pack up for them.No one can do their Job. Next time it would be Zalayeta :LOL:
    The list would be like this :
    1- Del Piero
    2- Nedved
    3- Buffon.

Fact is, with or without DP we win; With or without one of the above mentioned players, we find it hard to win.
    If you are right why didn't lippi keep Del Piero on the bench for the rest of the season.If we can win without him.You are just blind may god help you to see where the truth is.

Here is a good advice for you from 11 Years Juventus Hardcore Fan GO convince yourself first that Del Piero is not good for Juve then try on others.Because you are far From convincing anyone here.

Del Piero will be Juventus amd Juventus will be Del Piero you like it or not and no one will take his place until he decides so.

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

He missed once this season in cheivo match he struck the ball well but it hit the bar so he is not to be blamed while Baggio missed the penalty of his life in worldcup 94 i will never forget it he is responsible for losing the cup to Brazil.Again i would say no one is perfect.

baggio who put italy in the final

What Hype are You talking about ??Oh give me a break Baggio didn't give Juve what Del Piero gave or will give in the future.Vieri oh my god you are totaly blind Vieri didn't star before Joining Atletico Madrid.He was on the bench with Juventus and scored about 11/12 Goals.Zidane the one who Sold the club that made him to join that silly bastards of madrdid No way . About Nedved Yes he is good but please don't compare him with Del Piero.The former Playing one good Half season while the later spend his whole Career Giving and playing for juventus.It is not fair.And why he is the longest serving Juve player is it because he is bad.Buddy Please think before you write such nonsense.

What teams did we play this 8 games against ? all are small teams except for inter and depor and we suffered against the later and if it wasn't for tudor we would have been waving good bye to the CL since then.
    And I Can remember us suffering the 1st match after Del Piero injury which was agianst Empoli and we won the match with a wrong called penalty scored by trezeguet.and it wasn't the best football played during the season and if you think so then you know Nothing about good football.

Did this convince you because it wont convince a 2 years old baby.May be later i will explain to you how the ranking system works in Fifa.

:LOL: All these players can't be replaced are you kidding me.We can do without most of them except for Del Piero and nedved because we have no pack up for them.No one can do their Job. Next time it would be Zalayeta :LOL:
    The list would be like this :
    1- Del Piero
    2- Nedved
    3- Buffon.

1)nedved nedved nedved

If you are right why didn't lippi keep Del Piero on the bench for the rest of the season.If we can win without him.You are just blind may god help you to see where the truth is.

cuz juve dont have a Batter player than him in juve team in his position but juve can have Batter player than him outsid the juve team

Del Piero will be Juventus amd Juventus will be Del Piero you like it or not and no one will take his place until he decides so.
    juve is not one player

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Well, everyone here have very interesting points.

Somethings are clear, DP is not Juve, and when he retires or juve sell him,,,another promising one will take his place. There is no doubt about it.

But, look at the practical side. Maybe delpiero is not the same of years ago, but just look at the numbers, he scored 16 goals this season,,,, and for a regular striker(DP is not a regular) that is very very good. He was fighting with inzaghi and vieri for best striker of the season. Maybe withput that injury, he could have surpassed vieri.

Ok, sometimes he have bad days, but that is normal.
    My point is that DP is a proved striker!...why we have to risk tor buying another one? when we dont know that he will be good at juve?? You never know!.

With a regular level through the season, delpiero is effective, and that is the fact, and because of that he is there.

Maybe he is not the best, but he helps the team. And dont tell me that he is not effective, because that is not true.

VIVI

Jan 26, 2003
    anyone expect delpiero to be as the same when he was in 97/98 season must be insane, for one thing he grow older each year, and he keep getting injury after injury.....and even though he was injured in the middle of the season, and kept himself out for 5 games or so, he is still our TOP SCORER!!!!, and most of the goals he scored are CRUCIAL for our Scudetto.....who doesnt have bad day, especially in the games called soccer, no player will stay top always, DELPIERO is not only a player for JUVE but also a inspirational captain for the team mates, one thing for sure he will always be a special player in my heart, as even when his career was down at one point , he was able to pick himself up again, I admire his courage and determination.

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by VIVI ] ++
    anyone expect delpiero to be as the same when he was in 97/98 season must be insane, for one thing he grow older each year, and he keep getting injury after injury.....and even though he was injured in the middle of the season, and kept himself out for 5 games or so, he is still our TOP SCORER!!!!, and most of the goals he scored are CRUCIAL for our Scudetto.....who doesnt have bad day, especially in the games called soccer, no player will stay top always, DELPIERO is not only a player for JUVE but also a inspirational captain for the team mates, one thing for sure he will always be a special player in my heart, as even when his career was down at one point , he was able to pick himself up again, I admire his courage and determination.

i agree with u,but hes bad day is mor than hes
    good day:down:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Darksoul that's a long reply, don't have time to reply it at the moment, but I`ll just say that it's not fair blaming Baggio for the world cup. Even if he had scored, Italy would have still lost as I doubt Brazil would have lost that penalty. Anyway if it wasn`t for Baggio, Italy wouldn`t have even made the quarters. And yes Baggio was more important to Juve than DP is. When Baggio was missing through injuries, the results were poor as no one could substitute him. As it is now, if DP is injured thered are many valid alternatives to him.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Darksoul that's a long reply, don't have time to reply it at the moment, but I`ll just say that it's not fair blaming Baggio for the world cup. Even if he had scored, Italy would have still lost as I doubt Brazil would have lost that penalty. Anyway if it wasn`t for Baggio, Italy wouldn`t have even made the quarters. And yes Baggio was more important to Juve than DP is. When Baggio was missing through injuries, the results were poor as no one could substitute him. As it is now, if DP is injured thered are many valid alternatives to him.
    name a good alternative to DP.....

Agianst ManU we sucked big time and had no creativity. the team spirit and moral was way down because DP's pressence on the field counts for a lot. even if he doesn't make the goals or assists.

DP has been imprtant for juve. When DP was in top form, juve was the top in serie A and one of the top 3 in europe. when DP got injured you can see the dip in form that juve went through in the late 90's despite having players like Zidane and Inzaghi who was the serie A top scorer with Atalanta yeras before.
    dont count DP's importance just from the goals and assists.

he's pressence puts fans in the stands because they know that he is a champion and he can always be the extra-element that champion teams are made of.

if you use the argument that juve went through the greatest spell this season when DP was out, then you are wrong...
    we may have gained the most points but we played like crap and always on the counter attack. This period was also when Inter, AC Milan and Lazio went through their toughest time and lost many points. (check out Milan's CL performance during this period as proof despite them have Sheva Back).

i dont agree that DP is the best player in the World or even the best in juve(i think Nedved and Buffon are), but Del Piero is one of the most influential.

All this is not even mentioning the financial value that DP has for juve's marketing.

Selling DP would be the stupidest idea and claiming that DP isn't worthy of juventus is annoying to say the least.

if you can't see all this, the fact that Del Piero is serie A's second top scorer and Juve's highest scorer in the CL should be enough to quite critics like you who dont like him under no valid grounds (or past arguments of his bad form a couple of years ago that have been totaly dismissed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)