Seems like ages ago (2 Viewers)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
This is certainly not the same Juventus that started the season. I think there are two main reasons for that:

- Capello has played with the same formation (4-4-2) through the whole season. Everyone knows how we will play even before the match starts. Our strengths and weaknesses are clear to everyone, it's just up to the other teams to exploit our weaknessess

- The team is certainly tired. Capello has rarely rotated the players unless there were injuries or suspensions. With the busy schedule of matches we have, it's impossible for our players to play every game without getting exhausted by the end of the season. All the other teams have rotated their players to keep them fresh. I think the difference is clear now.

Capello is a great tactician. But his style doesn't suit a heavy schedule. He was successful with Roma because they didn't have much European duties. And while he was at Milan there weren't as many matches in a season as there is now.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
JuventusFan said:
This is certainly not the same Juventus that started the season. I think there are two main reasons for that:

- Capello has played with the same formation (4-4-2) through the whole season. Everyone knows how we will play even before the match starts. Our strengths and weaknesses are clear to everyone, it's just up to the other teams to exploit our weaknessess

- The team is certainly tired. Capello has rarely rotated the players unless there were injuries or suspensions. With the busy schedule of matches we have, it's impossible for our players to play every game without getting exhausted by the end of the season. All the other teams have rotated their players to keep them fresh. I think the difference is clear now.

Capello is a great tactician. But his style doesn't suit a heavy schedule. He was successful with Roma because they didn't have much European duties. And while he was at Milan there weren't as many matches in a season as there is now.
very good post!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve_Kosova said:
what, did u expect us to rule the world?

We cant expect the same players to win everthing playing ever match..
i dont expect them to win , but i expect them to play as they should do , they represent juventus team and anyone who watch juve matches now tell you that juve is the most boring team in italy

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Juve_Kosova said:
We cant expect the same players to win everthing playing ever match..

It would have been better if you said "we cant expect the same players starting every match" :faq1:

and no noone expects us to rule the world, but lets face it getting humiliated is as worse as it gets. We are the clowns of europe. I dont know how other nations may feel about Juve but one thing I do know we are certainly a laughing stock in england.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
JuventusFan said:

This is exactly why we're not the performing at the moment.
End of discussion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But now that we're out of the CL and the Coppa, we can rest a little, get our bearings back, and focus again on the Scudetto. I had no faith in this team scoring in the CL (and was proven right :sigh: ), but I have every faith in this team returning to some level of form soon and finishing off Scudetto #29.

Sep 28, 2002
swag said:
But now that we're out of the CL and the Coppa, we can rest a little, get our bearings back, and focus again on the Scudetto. I had no faith in this team scoring in the CL (and was proven right :sigh: ), but I have every faith in this team returning to some level of form soon and finishing off Scudetto #29.
we wont lose the scudetto. if we win 1 game and lose the remaining 4 we're still 1 pont ahead of milan. given they win their matches.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Tiredness and exhaustion my friend.. No rotation.. Favouring players --> Players get tired they are human.
E.g. Juve V Roma 3 days before Arsenal V Juve, our beloved coach decides that he does not want to jeprodize any single point from the 10 we already have and the hell goes with the CL game. We lost 2 points against Roma and then we lost the CL game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)