Secret alarm becomes dance track (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Secret alarm becomes dance track
A high-pitched alarm designed to repel youngsters from shops is being used for the melody of a dance track after the success of a mobile phone ringtone.

Merthyr Tydfil-based Compound Security released the "Mosquito" ringtone as a way of letting teenagers hear their phones ringing without adults knowing.

It was developed because adults lose the ability to hear high-pitched sound.

But now the sound is being used in a dance track, Buzzin', with secret melodies only young ears can hear.

The tune was developed after the success of the company's ringtone which was released in June.

Simon Morris from Compound Security said: "Following the success of the ringtone, a lot of people were asking us to do a bit more, so we got together with the producers Melodi and they came up with a full-length track.

"It has two harmonies - one that everyone can hear and one that only young people can hear.

"But it works well together or separate," he added.

Mr Morris is the commercial director of the firm which developed the Mosquito box. It emits a high-pitched noise that can only be heard by young people and is claimed to drive gangs away from troublespots.

The alarms were originally designed by the business to repel gangs of young people loitering around shopping centres without upsetting adult customers.

The firm claims international success, with the product selling in 18 countries, including America.

"Although it (the dance track) isn't our main business, the demand for it is definitely there," said Mr Morris.

"It is a bit cheesy: it's got a great beat and rhythm. I'm 41 and I like it," he confessed.

Iain Kerr, who is a director for UK-based production company Melodi said: "We quickly realised the potential of releasing a song using the ultra-sonic sound."

Opera Telecom who will sell the track as PC and mobile downloads said it was expecting big sales.

Gary Corbett who runs the company said: "After the launch of the 'Mozzy Tone' ringtone many adults were surprised that they actually couldn't hear it.

"The secret sections within this new song will work in the same way and we're sure kids will love it just as much."

* A condition called presbycusis, or ageing ear, means that by the time most people reach the age of 25, they cannot hear much above a frequency of 13 or 14 kilohertz.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_east/5382324.stm

This is some amazing shit. I wanna see how many people actually don't hear this. People over 25 start to lose their hearing abilities. I don't know how many people here are over 25, but let's see how many people actually couldn't hear anything. I can hear it realy good, it freaking hurts to listen to it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Look... I'm pushing the annual proctology exam age and I've been to many a Motorhead concert, and I can still can hear the mp3 thing... :santa:

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    This is freakin Amazin! I gotta have my folks listen to this.

@Bes: That isn't the dance song version, that's just the ringtone.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    I heard some annoying sound, but can't imagine it as a ringtone, I would never hear it if my phone was in my pocket....

Ze ma nigga, where do you get this weird stuff??

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Rami said:
    I heard some annoying sound, but can't imagine it as a ringtone, I would never hear it if my phone was in my pocket....

Ze ma nigga, where do you get this weird stuff??
    I assume you didn't read the article. It's supposed to be annoying! It's supposed to fend off 'hoodlums' from loitering. And ma nigga, just read the news :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Zé Tahir said:
    I assume you didn't read the article. It's supposed to be annoying! It's supposed to fend off 'hoodlums' from loitering. And ma nigga, just read the news :D
    Ya I lost interest at around the 4th line:D....but hey I heard something...so that must be good ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Stripper said:
    i just heard a ringing sound. am i supposed 2 hear a song? or a beat?
    no that's what you're supposed to hear, a buzz, if you are under 25, over 25 you should hear nothing. this is just the ringtone, not the song the article says about.

i heard the sound and it's really annoying, haven't tested it on someone older than 25.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)