Sebastian Giovinco (4 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nah, im just kiding.

But i really think he is underrated a lot here. yeh, he cant score for shid in open play, but is quick and sometimes even very good with the ball at his feet. Has a nice freekick and earns a lot of fouls. He is by far not as useless as he looked in our 352, but his real value will always be a mystery until tried in another formation.

Maybe he could work, maybe not... but im pretty sure he is not the useless midget people like to mock,

You all should really think about this...as for starters...this formation is shite. is not totally out of question what im saying.

In Juventus, he always has been in:
1-Crap and unbalanced Juve teams or
2-Under useless italian coaches.
Then Conte called him, and even when he was much more effective than the previous dudes who coached him...never wanted to try
him for real in another position and the 352 coudnt be changed just to suit him.

He has been very unlucky.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What a poor guy, was misused his whole career apart one season where he did good.

Or can it be that he's not a poor guy that is being misused in contender team but just sub material and is not being able to hold down his place, but is able to do that in a poor team where he is not the 15th best player on the team? But nah... that's conspiracy talking here, he's just unlucky that he wasn't given the chance to unleash that legendary ronaldo*messi+maradona potential.
Nobody has called Giovinco the next Messi/Maradona/Ronaldo in years now. No need to throw that around.

Players are different, they perform differently depending on the way you use them. He has been here 2 seasons and in a formation that doesn't fit his game but has brought the team 3 straight championships. 4-3-3 would just get more out of him as an individual, that is the discussion. Nobody wants to change the formation only for him(except his own agent obviously).

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Nobody has called Giovinco the next Messi/Maradona/Ronaldo in years now. No need to throw that around.

Players are different, they perform differently depending on the way you use them. He has been here 2 seasons and in a formation that doesn't fit his game but has brought the team 3 straight championships. 4-3-3 would just get more out of him as an individual, that is the discussion. Nobody wants to change the formation only for him(except his own agent obviously).
I really don't get this statement. You're implying that he was essential to the championships? I think not.

To answer the other point - teams objective is to get out the max of the whole team not from fringe individual. Fringe squad players are exactly for that reason so they would perform when called up and needed in the abstense of a starting player.

And actually you answered the question yourself 3 straight championships and he wasn't anything essential to this and had only partial role so I guess he's not that great and very needed. He can come in suck a bit and do his job and move on. No need to over think and limit whole team just so some midget could get to run at defenders and dribble some.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
He is so underrated in here. If he was playing in another club, people would fap! He played one game this season, and was MOM! Since he hasn't been playing. NOT FAIR!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I really don't get this statement. You're implying that he was essential to the championships? I think not.

To answer the other point - teams objective is to get out the max of the whole team not from fringe individual. Fringe squad players are exactly for that reason so they would perform when called up and needed in the abstense of a starting player.

And actually you answered the question yourself 3 straight championships and he wasn't anything essential to this and had only partial role so I guess he's not that great and very needed. He can come in suck a bit and do his job and move on. No need to over think and limit whole team just so some midget could get to run at defenders and dribble some.
No, I did not imply he was essential. Read it again. I said the formation was essential to our 3 scudettos.

You're still not getting it Raz. We're discussing maximizing Giovinco's talent in this thread. That is all. We're not saying change the formation for Gio or do this or that to accommodate him.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
And you don't get it too. There is no point in maximazing a talent for a fringe player if that would mean lowering whole teams level. Why is no one asking to maximize Padoins talent? They both have the same position within a team, they both are squad fringe stop gap players. Just that one is more attacking.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
And you don't get it too. There is no point in maximazing a talent for a fringe player if that would mean lowering whole teams level. Why is no one asking to maximize Padoins talent? They both have the same position within a team, they both are squad fringe stop gap players. Just that one is more attacking.
Hey, we could probably discuss how to maximize Padoin's talents on the Padoin thread as well. It doesn't mean he should start or that we should change the formation.

You are mixing the two up. The discussion is not to change formation for Giovinco, its more about what formation Giovinco would perform better in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The discussion is not to change formation for Giovinco, its more about what formation Giovinco would perform better in.
And the issue here is that since we use the 352, we will not change formation for him.We even have other players to switch formation but thats another matter.

Im petty sure he would perform much better in another team with another formation...and it will have nothing to do with the "he cant handle the pressure here".
I dont know why people here ignore the fact that he is misused.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
And the issue here is that since we use the 352, we will not change formation for him.We even have other players to switch formation but thats another matter.

Im petty sure he would perform much better in another team with another formation...and it will have nothing to do with the "he cant handle the pressure here".
I dont know why people here ignore the fact that he is misused.
He is a victim. Victimised by Juventus, victimised by nature, victimized by his gf that has 70 pounds on him. Gio is a victim. A rich victim though!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is incredibly fortunate to be @ a club like Juventus, so both him and his agent need to STFU or GTFO!
I think he should have never come back to Juve. After the second season he should have been gone because it was plaon obvious this system was not meant for him. Conte should have been clearer and told him to leave instead of trying to keep him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)