Sebastian Giovinco (92 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Giovinco has played 491 minutes and we have scored 16 goals with him on the field in Serie A. We have scored 35 goals in 2070 minutes of Serie A. That's a goal for every 30.69 minutes Giovinco is on the pitch, one goal for every 59.14 minutes of Serie A football played, and one goal per 83.11 minutes without Giovinco. I think the difference is dramatic enough to state that with Giovinco our attack is much better.
well that pretty sums it up. i don't know if he's overrated or underrated, but since we can't defend anyway, Giovinco at least is a big threat up front.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Giovinco has played 491 minutes and we have scored 16 goals with him on the field in Serie A. We have scored 35 goals in 2070 minutes of Serie A. That's a goal for every 30.69 minutes Giovinco is on the pitch, one goal for every 59.14 minutes of Serie A football played, and one goal per 83.11 minutes without Giovinco. I think the difference is dramatic enough to state that with Giovinco our attack is much better.
Yes, but Gio was playing when the team had some sense how to play football from previous managers. I doubt Gio would have changed a lot if he would have played when the whole team was performing like it was with Ciro last days.

But I do agree with you that he should get more playing time, he certainly isn't our saviour, but he does add that spark, youth, quickness to our offence which we are lacking a lot.

Anyways he can't play in this soon to be 5 man defence tactics, and we won't be playing with three attacking midfielders or wing forwards soon with our current coach, so imo we won't see much of him on the pich soon. :sick:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I said it before and will say it again...
give Seba a run in 10 games and then we can start talking about him being overrated or not...
true..but we ain't worthy of him ... really. Hope he'll stay next season too..there will be bigger chances...but that depends of the coach that will come...hope we won't wait till august to get a coach.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
yep but then we will be caught on his side in the defence...that's the sort of thinking that got us here..fear of teams like livorno and catana...shit if i would be coach of the team i would have iago and gio , diego behind ciro and del piero in a 3-4-1-2...but that would be me..that's why i'm not a coach

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
yep but then we will be caught on his side in the defence...that's the sort of thinking that got us here..fear of teams like livorno and catana...shit if i would be coach of the team i would have iago and gio , diego behind ciro and del piero in a 3-4-1-2...but that would be me..that's why i'm not a coach
As if we weren't so far :shifty:

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
someone get that message to Zac

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
That's why I want him to leave. Not only Juve but this country.
I understand why you want him to leave.You think he's cute & he'd look extra cute on Sir Mosh.:D

Now i don't understand why any Juve fan would want him to leave to develop & represent Italy.Where's the logic in that? I don't even wanna hear about forza azzurri crap,its a lame excuse.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I understand why you want him to leave.You think he's cute & he'd look extra cute on Sir Mosh.:D

Now i don't understand why any Juve fan would want him to leave to develop & represent Italy.Where's the logic in that? I don't even wanna hear about forza azzurri crap,its a lame excuse.
It's not about Azzurri.

It's about having a good player in your squad who can change something in your play while you don't use him.

You say it's silly if a Juve fans would tell him to leave for the sake of club. Not on a bad way. He's 23 and he barely ever plays while there are no Messi's and Ronaldo's in the squad.

Just why should he stay? So we could say oh, we have Giovinco? Because it's the only use apparently.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

Sir Mosh would eat him alive because he's so small:D

As if he'd ever play for the Azzurri :rolleyes:
At least not now, maybe in a future far far away.
I want him to go to make something out of his talent, even if he ends up like Cassano, I just want him to play again and have fun with his sport.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It's not about Azzurri.

It's about having a good player in your squad who can change something in your play while you don't use him.

You say it's silly if a Juve fans would tell him to leave for the sake of club. Not on a bad way. He's 23 and he barely ever plays while there are no Messi's and Ronaldo's in the squad.

Just why should he stay? So we could say oh, we have Giovinco? Because it's the only use apparently.
You have a knack of being an argumentative knob sometimes.Why should he stay? Because we see his potential,given the little time he's given.Considering this season is a write off & we will possibly get a new coach,why should he leave?If he actually gets a chance to have a run of consecutive games & not perform,then i'd say he should go.

I suppose we have to have a Thierry Henry scenario for some to collect their thoughts.

Sir Mosh would eat him alive because he's so small:D

As if he'd ever play for the Azzurri :rolleyes:
At least not now, maybe in a future far far away.
I want him to go to make something out of his talent, even if he ends up like Cassano, I just want him to play again and have fun with his sport.
See you're being honest here but there are some that want him to leave just so he can represent the azzurri.Most of the azzurri fanboys will tell you that they support italy for the Juve players,so what point are they making exactly?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You have a knack of being an argumentative knob sometimes.Why should he stay? Because we see his potential,given the little time he's given.Considering this season is a write off & we will possibly get a new coach,why should he leave?If he actually gets a chance to have a run of consecutive games & not perform,then i'd say he should go.

I suppose we have to have a Thierry Henry scenario for some to collect their thoughts.
Oh, so not playing under Ranieri, Ferrara wasn't enough. Sorry, I forgot we're still waiting for the right coach.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Oh, so not playing under Ranieri, Ferrara wasn't enough. Sorry, I forgot we're still waiting for the right coach.
Whats your point?

Melo was playing well at fiorentina & so was diego at bremen.So what's the problem here? They are more talented than Giovinco,why don't i hear some calling for them to leave so they can play for Brazil?

Those coaches were not up to the task & guess what Zacc wont improve shit.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Whats your point?

Melo was playing well at fiorentina & so was diego at bremen.So what's the problem here? They are more talented than Giovinco,why don't i hear some calling for them to leave so they can play for Brazil?

Those coaches were not up to the task & guess what Zacc wont improve shit.
My point? Or a question. How come we changed 3 coaches and nobody played/plays Giovinco? We don't know where will some top coach come. Henry comparison? We sold Paro, the next Fabregas, Palladino the next Del Piero and Nocerino the next Essien/Gattuso. :D

Stop naming Brazil. I don't care if he plays for his NT or not really. I never mentioned something like that. Italy's squad is weak anyhow.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
My point? Or a question. How come we changed 3 coaches and nobody played/plays Giovinco? We don't know where will some top coach come. Henry comparison? We sold Paro, the next Fabregas, Palladino the next Del Piero and Nocerino the next Essien/Gattuso. :D

Stop naming Brazil. I don't care if he plays for his NT or not really. I never mentioned something like that. Italy's squad is weak anyhow.
Lets see,Giovinco didn't really play under Deschamps.Ranieri & Ciro didn't know how to utilize his skills,he got between 5-10min to impress & you expect him to break into the first team?Not to forget that he actually did something with the little time he had at his disposal.

Yeah well he's arsenal bound & he will definitely do something with his talent.You can't even use paro & palladino as examples because they actually got to start a whole lot more games than Gio did.

I just mentioned melo & diego because they have had more games & time to play yet they aren't exactly setting the league on fire.My point is that these players are not being used to their potential nor their preferred positions.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
How come we changed 3 coaches and nobody played/plays Giovinco?
Because he is tiny and Italians love tall players. The days of Baggio, Zola, Platini, etc are gone. DP may be the last of a dying breed. Play got less tactical and more physical which is why coaches are hesitant to field Gio. Very simple.

Side note: Giovinco has not flipped out or called out any coaches. He is pure class for keeping to himself and not going on a rant about why he's on the bench. (even though he would rightfully complain). If he was brazilian he would have either left or went on countless rants and hissy fits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)