Sculli & Hubner join Perugia (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Sculli & Hubner join Perugia
Friday 23 January, 2004

Perugia have added some quality to their strike force by signing Giuseppe Sculli and Dario Hubner today.

Sculli, an Under-21 international, joins on loan from Juventus after an unsuccessful spell with Chievo.

Veteran striker Hubner (pictured) has moved to the Umbrian outfit after the 37-year-old failed to settle with Ancona following his summer move.

The pair will give boss Serse Cosmi more attacking options after Perugia signed Fabrizio Ravanelli last week.

The Serie A side have also netted themselves a new defender. Argentine stopper Felix Leonardo Benitez, 26, arrives from Independiente.

The Stadio Curi outfit are in deep relegation trouble and are hoping to have all of their new men available for this weekend’s Siena game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Perugia are yet to win this season so these 2 should be good acquisitions....

But i don't think its gonna make too much of a difference.

Hubner was at Ancona and they haven't won a single gamee either...

We'll see..

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Sculli & Hubner join Perugia
Friday 23 January, 2004

Perugia have added some quality to their strike force by signing Giuseppe Sculli and Dario Hubner today.

Sculli, an Under-21 international, joins on loan from Juventus after an unsuccessful spell with Chievo.

Veteran striker Hubner (pictured) has moved to the Umbrian outfit after the 37-year-old failed to settle with Ancona following his summer move.

The pair will give boss Serse Cosmi more attacking options after Perugia signed Fabrizio Ravanelli last week.

The Serie A side have also netted themselves a new defender. Argentine stopper Felix Leonardo Benitez, 26, arrives from Independiente.

The Stadio Curi outfit are in deep relegation trouble and are hoping to have all of their new men available for this weekend’s Siena game.
37 :shocked:.I thought he was only 25 or something......

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ReyMysterio ] ++
Yeah, he didn't enter Serie A until he was like 33, and he lit up the league for a year, then got old. It's sort of a shame we never got to see what he could do in his prime.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ReyMysterio ] ++

he spend all of his lifetime playing in lower divison...no wonder he score over hundred goals...

Aug 1, 2003
bah, good for Hubner but my main concern lies in Sculli. He'd had a good season with.. Modena last season, was it? Can't really remember. I remember him being a good player though, so as long as he is still ours I'd want him to do well.

Good luck in Perugia, Sculli!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ravanelli scored on his debut :thumb:

Anyways, hopefully Sculli will have a more successful stint at Perugia than he did at Chievo. Good luck to him.

Dec 27, 2003
Hubner has been a prolific scorer in serie B ever since the early 90's. No big team has ever seriously been interested in him, and vice versa, and this for one reason mainly : Hubner has always made it clear that his football career should never come before life's little pleasures. The man has never followed any particular diet, and he loves a good meal more often than not. Also, he smokes one pack of cigarettes a day. And yet, there he is, having scored 71 goals in his 130 serie A appearances at the ripe old age of 37.

A great example of how there is still room for humanity in today's exasperated football world.

As for Sculli, Im surprised he did not perform with Chievo, as it looked like the ideal team for a young talent like him to mature.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Hubner has been a prolific scorer in serie B ever since the early 90's. No big team has ever seriously been interested in him, and vice versa, and this for one reason mainly : Hubner has always made it clear that his football career should never come before life's little pleasures. The man has never followed any particular diet, and he loves a good meal more often than not. Also, he smokes one pack of cigarettes a day. And yet, there he is, having scored 71 goals in his 130 serie A appearances at the ripe old age of 37.

A great example of how there is still room for humanity in today's exasperated football world.

As for Sculli, Im surprised he did not perform with Chievo, as it looked like the ideal team for a young talent like him to mature.
Hubner? That's cool. If I were a pro footballer I would be the same. Pleasure over money, that's what I respect.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
:LOL: you have to love a gu who can best the world's best athletes with an aged and out of shape body. Makes you wonder just how good he could have been.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
There is uncertainty regarding the future of Giuseppe Sculli after Chievo stated that he could remain.

It was believed that Perugia had agreed to sign the striker on loan for the rest of the season but that may now not be the case.

"Sculli is staying here," said boss Gigi Del Neri after the youngster netted in the 3-1 win over Brescia.

"We did speak about his situation in the week but I’m sure that he will get his chance to shine if he does stay."

Sculli, part owned by Juventus, arrived at the Bentegodi in the summer after impressing at Modena. Yet he’s had his problems and his strike yesterday was only his first for the side.

"He has real quality and is still very young," continued Del Neri. "He’s had his difficulties but that is also down to a few injury problems.

"Chievo have no intention of letting go of Sculli who is a product of ours. We want to take advantage of that."

Sculli himself stated after the Brescia win that he may now consider staying with the Verona club despite Perugia’s interest.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That's actually a good thing, as I think he will get more chances to play in Chievo than in Perugia where I imagine Hubner and Ravanelli would be first options.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
That's actually a good thing, as I think he will get more chances to play in Chievo than in Perugia where I imagine Hubner and Ravanelli would be first options.
That's got to be a record for the oldest forward pairing...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

There you go, that makes an average age of 36.5 for Perugia's starting forwards...and Cosmi still thinks they can stay up. :rolleyes:
i wonder what luciano gaucci will come up with next if they get relegated....;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)