Sculli Curiousity? (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
All the questions about Juventus' future have been asked.

Q: Who will replace Zidane?:confused:
A: Two words, one name - "PAVEL NEDVED" , he's been excellent and unstoppable! Still a little bit new to Juve, but already indispensible to the club!

Q:Who will be the next Del Piero?:confused:
A: (Popular choice is Sculli)

*Everyone seems to know something about this bright young Sculli. I do not have the slightest bit of information about this promising player.

Please, who is this great/promising Sculli? :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
Can someone Post profile and some Pics for Sculli Please ??
Here is an article, that my friends sent by the email before.

Giuseppe Sculli,
Club: Modena
Born: Locri 23/3/81
Position: Striker
Ht/Wt: 1.76m/70kg
Serie A debut:
Modena 0 - 3 Milan, 14/9/02

Giuseppe Sculli admits his bright start to the season was rather a surprise. "Last term was a negative and depressing one for me." reveals the youngster. "I was relegated from Serie B with Crotone. To find myself rehabilitated in Serie A seems very strange." Despite Crotone's relegation. Sculli showed enough promise during his two-year Calabrain stint for Modena to request his service from Juventus who have nurtured the player since the age of 13. The risk seems to have paid off for Gianni De Biasi's team. Sculli scored in the shock win at Roma before netting a double which sunk Juve's city rivals Torino. "The plaudits have been nice, particulary after the Torino match,"says Sculli."But Believe me, salvation for Modena is the only thing on my mind." Sculli's future was hotly debated after his impressive start, with Juventus already confirming their faith in retaining the 21-year-old. Bianconeri director Antonio Giraudo compared him to Michael Owen while Luciano Moggi has already suggested he could be back in the black and white stripes next summer.
Born and bred in Calabria, Sculli was spotted by Juventus scouts and moved to Turin during his early teens. " I owe Juve a lot", says Sculli."They looked ater me and I enjoyed spending my youth in Turin, both at school, and on the football field." Impressing in the Juventus youth team he was sent on loan to Crotone, back in the region of his birth, to gain experience. Eight goals in 51 appearances may seem like a poor tally but Sculli was often employed as a substitute in a struggling side. In Crotone's relegation season he was one of few players to do himself justice hence Modena's decision to add him to their squad. "Modena had been interested in me for a while," says Sculli. "And I had no hesitation in accepting their offer during the summer. I found a great group of players motivated towards their first Serie A campaign. Everything has gone well from the start." But the experience in SerieB has obviously helped. "I missed an easy chance against Torino which previously would have damaged my confidence. But I kept my head and scored two good goals. Having said that, I have a good grasp of reality and realize there's a lot more to learn." Nevertheless, Claudio Gnetile saw enough to draft Sculli into the Azzurrini side for games against Yugoslavia and Wales.
A tenacious forward who can also play on the right flank, Sculli's hero is Pippo Inzaghi.:eek:. "He is not phenomenal technically but always scores. That's something to admire." And although there is a long season head of him, Sculli has already signalled his intentions for the future. "It would be a dream to return to Juve," he says. "I'm looking to get noticed. Although Juve have many fine strikers, I know they will be watching myself and the other young players out on loan."

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Sorry - I just like beer :D

Perhaps you should just give me some kind of nick I can call you 'cause I'll probably do it again. :D What do your friends call you?!

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Here's my full name... Anders Seedorf Karlberg... please call me one of thoose or the names my friends use wich are... Kalle, Clarence or McTurd.

Whatever you like... just not Karlsberg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)