Scudetto Superstitious (2 Viewers)

erado

Nov 2, 2004
I always heard ppl mentioning about the team that win the Berlusconi trophy or the being winter Scudetto champion will not win the Scudetto title in the end. :dazed:

Is this really the truth? I dont have a strong knowledge of Italian SerieA history, but i do realized for SerieA02-03, Milan was the winter Scudetto champion and we won the title at the end of it. In 03-04 season, we won the Berlusconi trophy and Milan won Scudetto title. Izzit coincidence or is there really such a case through the years? I really hope that some of the old vets down here can enlighten me.

With me personally believe in those fengsui and superstitious stuff, the worse thing is Juventus won Berlusconi trophy beginning of this season and looks like going to be the winter champion :(

Anyway we are going to break the jinx this time round!! :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
In the past decade, I thought that if the the winter champion was Milan or Juve, that team went on to win the scudetto....

The Berlusconi trophy superstition may be a bit more consistent, but I thought the winter champions traditionally went on to win the title

OP

erado

Nov 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    oic.. thanks

maybe i got it wrong, anyway something new i learn again :)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Its not set in stone or anything.. its just a traditional thing cos it happens alot. Like in the primeirship in winter, who ever hogs the last relagation place according to tradition is going down. But thats just bullshit..

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    I agree that it is bullsh*t, but u have to admit that it is a quite strange trophy!!!:eek:

Ever since the "Berlusconi" is played by Juve and Milan (u don't have to consider the matches against Inter, Real and Bayern), only one time the team that won the trophy in the summer, managed to win the scudetto: it was Juve in the 2001-02 season :D...
    Ah, and a very nice thing to know is that when it is decided on penalties, the team that wins, has good chances to win also the Champions League in that season. It happened 2 times out of four: in 1995 (Juve won the CL of 1996 :touched: ) and in 2002 (and... well u know who won the CL in 2003, right?:down:)

1991 - JUVENTUS-Milan 2-1 - Scudetto 91-92: Milan
    1992 - MILAN-Inter 1-0 - Scudetto 92-93: Milan
    1993 - MILAN-Real Madrid 3-2 - Scudetto 93-94: Milan
    1994 - MILAN-Bayern Monaco 1-0 - Scudetto 94-95: Juventus
    1995 - JUVENTUS-Milan 6-5 (dopo i rigori) - Scudetto 95-96: Milan
    1996 - MILAN-Juventus 1-0 - Scudetto 96-97: Juventus
    1997 - MILAN-Juventus 3-1 - Scudetto 97-98: Juventus
    1998 - JUVENTUS-Milan 2-1 - Scudetto 98-99: Milan
    1999 - JUVENTUS-Milan 1-0 - Scudetto 99-00: Lazio
    2000 - JUVENTUS-Milan 7-6 (dopo i rigori) - Scudetto 00-01: Roma
    2001 - Milan-JUVENTUS 3-4 (dopo i rigori) - Scudetto 01-02: Juventus
    2002 - MILAN-Juventus 3-1 (dopo i rigori) - Scudetto 02-03: Juventus
    2003 - Milan-JUVENTUS 0-2 - Scudetto 03-04: Milan.
    2004 - Milan-JUVENTUS 0-1 - Scudetto 04-05: ?

timeover

Nov 6, 2004
    :eek: I've heard about berlusconi cup's jinx,and worried sometimes.
    but we're strong enough to break the rule,aren't we?:)
    Boston did it! so berlusconi jinx can be broken once agian by Greatest team :D

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    Of course we are!! We already have been :D

And, to think of it, Brescia has to have the same strenght not to get relegated this year!

I mean: in the last 4 years the team that played against juve the first match of serie A has gone to serie B at the end of the season:

2000/01
    Napoli - Juventus 1-2 (Napoli got relegated)

2001/02
    Juventus - Venezia 4-0 (Venezia got relegated)

2002/03
    Juventus - Atalanta 3-0
    Piacenza - Juventus 0-1
    (this year has 2 firsts because the serie A was postponed: Piacenza was the team we had to play against in the first day but we didn't, Atalanta is the team we actually played against, they went both :eek: to serie B)

2003/04
    Juventus - Empoli 5-1 (Empoli got relegated)

sooooo: what do u think of Brescia - Juventus 0-3? ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by timeover ] ++
    :eek: I've heard about berlusconi cup's jinx,and worried sometimes.
    but we're strong enough to break the rule,aren't we?:)
    Boston did it! so berlusconi jinx can be broken once agian by Greatest team :D
    we already broke the rule in 01-02 where we won the scudetto and Berlusconi trophy in one season.

OP

erado

Nov 2, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Nice one isha00 :thumb:

so it is bullsh** :D anyway, we will prove everyone wrong again by winning the Scudetto this year..

the relegation thing is something interesting, hopefully we get to play Milan in our first match next season and beat them.... hehe ;)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

And, to think of it, Brescia has to have the same strenght not to get relegated this year!

I mean: in the last 4 years the team that played against juve the first match of serie A has gone to serie B at the end of the season:

2000/01

2001/02

2002/03
    Juventus - Atalanta 3-0
    Piacenza - Juventus 0-1
    (this year has 2 firsts because the serie A was postponed: Piacenza was the team we had to play against in the first day but we didn't, Atalanta is the team we actually played against, they went both :eek: to serie B)

2003/04

And it happened: Brescia is in Serie B :eek:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

2000/01

2001/02

2002/03
    Juventus - Atalanta 3-0
    Piacenza - Juventus 0-1

2003/04

Cool. Next year first matchday: Juventus - Roma ;) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)