Scommessopoli : 2009-2010 betting Scandal in Italy (yes, this again :sergio:) (61 Viewers)

Do you think Conte is guilty of knowing about match-fixing and not reporting it?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, he could be banned from the game, up to a year I think.

But I'm confident this will pass. If they don't have any concrete evidence, just "hearsay", then Conte will clean his name.
Are figc and all those cunts involved? If so eek. What the fuck would we do without Conte?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Are figc and all those $#@!s involved? If so eek. What the $#@! would we do without Conte?
FIGC is involved, of course, and it's the exact same prosecutor as in 2006. Palazzi.

I'm slightly nervous too, because it's Italy, and it's FIGC, but I think this is gonna pass. There has only been talk of some dude who "claims" Conte knew about something, but how does one prove such a thing?

"Hey, I know what went on in another guys head!"

That's not exactly evidence.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I know but I feel nervous because of the bullshit these fucking bastards can cook up as false evidence. But I'm sure they will be too scared to try and fuck with the boss.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Conte, Bonucci and Pepe under investigation. Risking from 4 to 8 months suspension.

http://www.today.it/sport/calcioscommesse-lazio-napoli-genoa-conte.html

Ok, before we go all mental over here. What do we know up until now? We know that the only "evidence" they have on Conte is a really vague sms asking whether or not he could be "contacted or not". I expect him to be cleared.

If Bonucci and Pepe is involved, and they get, say 4 or 5 months (which is unlikely, I have yet to hear of any evidence against these two), then I'm sure this is something we can cope with.

F*ck FIGC and Palazzi for trying to ruin everything again. Seriously, F*CK them! But they won't do it this time!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looks like they have their hands full with every team from mid table Serie A down. Bit of a scattergun approach though, trying to cover everything.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This has made it onto my local radio station, with Mauri's arrest. It was quite funny to listen to the ignorant comments of the presenter (I think he confused Amauri for Mauri as well tbh), but you can see where this is going.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Let's see how this shit develops. The fact that Conte is only under investigation has already harmed Juventus. We need to clear Conte's name as soon as possible so we can proceed with our name and Conte's name cleared into the transfer market.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Not only is this shit for the club but it's also shit that we're going to have deal with more people saying Juve are cheaters etc

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Not only is this $#@! for the club but it's also $#@! that we're going to have deal with more people saying Juve are cheaters etc
Fuck them, I don't give a shit about them. I just want Conte to be cleared ASAP. This has nothing to do at all with the club Juventus. NOTHING. The worst that could happen is that we lose Mr. Conte.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I repeat: this has nothing to do at all with Juventus football clu . Nothing.
No offence, mate, but we went down to B without clear evidence, without a trial and without a serious investigation. It doesn't matter. What the public wants, the public gets. If enough people want to see Juventus stripped of another title, they will be stripped.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
They always drag Juve into it...JUVE coach Conte, EX-JUVE players Criscito and Milanetto, JUVE to miss the CL(FOR WHAT FUCKING LOGICAL REASON?)...

the media always drag Juve into it even if they're not involved.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They always drag Juve into it...JUVE coach Conte, EX-JUVE players Criscito and Milanetto, JUVE to miss the CL(FOR WHAT FUCKING LOGICAL REASON?)...

the media always drag Juve into it even if they're not involved.
This time though, it would effectively end Serie A's existence. Calciopoli was so ridiculous that many many Italians have questioned it afterwards and this is all very fuzzy and reeks of being a set up. I wonder what they'll do, as it'll end professional Italian football if they try and involve big teams.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
This time they just want to throw more shit at Juve and the worst that could happen is us finding a new coach.

Some guys were arrested today and they investigated Conte. Could they plant some evidence on his phone or computer? This is Italy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This time they just want to throw more shit at Juve and the worst that could happen is us finding a new coach.

Some guys were arrested today and they investigated Conte. Could they plant some evidence on his phone or computer? This is Italy.
There is no need for evidence, really. Criscito is arrested for pretty much being on a picture. So there you go.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve, having been through Calciopoli, should be prepared and on the look out. No reason to be caught off guard by anything this time around.

If Conte was in real trouble I imagine they would have been looking to arrest him rather than just search his house.

What evidence of match fixing were they expecting to find in these raids? Just wanting to seize mobile phones and computers or are they expecting to find receipts for bought matches? Or did they just go for high profile figures to show they are serious - raiding the Juve Coach and a current Italian international?

One assumes there is hard evidence against the likes of Mauri if he has been arrested.

Criscito and Conte are likely to be a step away from that in that they are close to clubs/games were match-fixing is believed to have gone on, but the authorities don't have any firm evidence against them at this stage.

I'd feel a bit sorry for Criscito if he is innocent and misses the Euros because of this.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The real problem in all of this, is that it'll go on for the whole summer. We probably won't hear about the innocence of Conte until the start of the new season. Our summer mercato and preperations will be f*cked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)