[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2012/2013 (3 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
This new "Rangers" may well not survive without going straight into the SPL.
That's what I meant.

And I'm really not sure the fans will go with "Rangers". Supporters Trusts have advised fans against buying season tickets and The Sun and the Daily Record - the two main Glasgow propoganda spewers - don't like the new owner, so aren't encouraging fans to get behind the new club.
I didn't realise there was any suggestion of the fans not going with it. It sounds to me like there could be an FC United of Manchester type situation, especially if they don't get into the SPL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me at all if there is more than one new Rangers playing in Scottish football within a few years, albeit at a low level.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Board reshuffle for Aberdeen earlier.

Second biggest shareholders (Aberdeen Asset Management) selling up and some oil exec. who used to play for Bury taking on most of their shares.

Willie Miller to step down from the Board to concentrate on his youth development work.

Unclear quite what the motivation is behind this unless AAM are just fed up and wanted out.

Unlikely to be about the Rangers situation as this reshuffle seems to have been on the cards for a couple of months at least.

If it's due to a split on the Board it's far more likely to be about the new stadium.

As it happens I just think AAM finally realised that they weren't getting anything out of being involved with the club and are focusing on their sponsorship of golf and rugby.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Turns out Willie Miller is being kicked out.

Rather ups the ante that.

Big pressure on this reshuffle now to bring results, as you can't just go getting rid of legendary figures without justification.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Mad Vlad finally speaks:

Mr Vladimir Romanov today issued the following statement after recent revelations that have had a hugely damaging affect on the game in this country.

Mr Romanov, who has been consistent in his views since investing in Scottish football in 2005, said:

"The opinion of Heart of Midlothian FC in regards to the current situation of Scottish football is clear and robust.

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

"It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football. We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license. There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself …

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger. Without Murdoch the whole of society will improve, in particular sport and culture.

"Supporters deserve a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media. They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights.

"At the very least this is discrimination and protectionism for the English football product, which at the same time stunts the development of the game in Scotland, that is regarded as the cradle of football.

"I feel that it is absolutely realistic to create a company that would bring to Scottish clubs at least the same broadcasting income, and even grow it by 50-100% over the next two to three years. This company should be in the hands of Scottish clubs and work with those who want to earn money the honest way, instead of conducting business the Murdoch way.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

Some great stuff in there.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A newco Rangers will be refused admittance to the Scottish Premier League after Aberdeen became the fifth club to publicly oppose the move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

Aberdeen Football Club has stated that the acceptance or otherwise of a 'NewCo' Rangers into the SPL is only one of a number of issues facing clubs in Scotland over the forthcoming period.

Pittodrie Chairman Stewart Milne commented, "As we indicated two weeks ago there are many matters that have to be resolved regarding Rangers. Traditionally we have preferred not to make public our voting intentions, but in light of the level of interest and the fact other clubs have chosen to show their hand, on this occasion I can confirm it is our intention to oppose readmission to the SPL for any Rangers NewCo. If readmission were to be refused, we believe the appropriate course of action would be for Rangers NewCo to apply for membership to the SFA and to submit an application for admission to the SFL.

"One of our major objectives has to be to work with everyone concerned to ensure that the commercial challenges that this case has and will continue to cause can be mitigated as far as they possibly can so that sporting integrity can be the overriding factor.

"Reorganisation of the game is a priority and is something we have been actively involved in for a long time, but it is not something that should be rushed through just to deal specifically with one club.

"As we have indicated there are a number of other areas that we feel need to be addressed openly in the coming period if Scottish football fans are to feel that their views have been properly taken into account."

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120625/club-statement_2212158_2821864

---------- Post added 25.06.2012 at 17:33 ----------

Oh, what a glorious day.

The entity that has probably caused me more misery in my life than any other may well have been finished off by the Mighty Dons.

Rangers (deceased) - fuck me that sounds good.

I'll be renewing my season ticket tomorrow.

Stand free.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:lol:

Isn't there a rumour they could buy out some lower division english club and relocate?
Just a rumour.

The Glasgow Press propoganda machine through all this has been ridiculous.

What happened to Rangers?
They went bust (due to defrauding the taxman), formed a new company but Aberdeen's vote has just kicked the new company out of Scottish football so that they have to re-apply get into Scottish football and they'll have to start way down at the very bottom.

Dec 31, 2008
They went bust (due to defrauding the taxman), formed a new company but Aberdeen's vote has just kicked the new company out of Scottish football so that they have to re-apply get into Scottish football and they'll have to start way down at the very bottom.
Damn :lol:
Hopefully Inter end up like this.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Initially from the Daily Record, but someone is already selling T-shirts with that on them.

Might have to buy one.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
I don't follow Scottish football but have been reading up on this a bit. In some of the Rangers forums they seem to think the SPL can't survive without Rangers because of the away gate receipts they provide for the smaller teams. Seems a bit delusional to me but then I don't really know what the financial situation is in Scottish football. Also talk of Rangers applying to play in England. They'd be a mid-table club in the English Premier League I think.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't follow Scottish football but have been reading up on this a bit. In some of the Rangers forums they seem to think the SPL can't survive without Rangers because of the away gate receipts they provide for the smaller teams. Seems a bit delusional to me but then I don't really know what the financial situation is in Scottish football. Also talk of Rangers applying to play in England. They'd be a mid-table club in the English Premier League I think.
Some teams will have to cut budgets due to not receiving cash from Rangers (deceased) fans and the probable renegotiation of the TV deal.

However, that will be significantly offset if the teams use this situation to force a reform of how the TV money is distributed.

In the past, Rangers (deceased) and Celtic took the vast majority of TV money and used an 11-1 voting system to block any change. With Rangers (deceased) no longer there, there is nothing to stop the other clubs ganging up on Celtic and changing things.

No-one is likely to go bust.

The idea of the newco moving to England is just bollocks written to try and sell papers.

---------- Post added 27.06.2012 at 18:44 ----------

Renewed my season ticket today.

Wasn't going to, but club deserves backing for playing a leading role in kicking Rangers (deceased) out of the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)