Scarface!! (1 Viewer)

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
On a personal note, I love rise & fall stories! Wonderful cast! When my favourite director (De Palma) and scenarist (Stone) unite their respective talents it can only be wonderful !!! It's swarming with exquisite quotes! Fantastic 80's ambiance and accoutrements! When Pacino is staring at his 'brother', manny, with the face of anger, that's pure magic!

Surely the best film of all mafia movies ever!

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Yeah, a great movie for sure, one of the best movies i ever seen. But the best mafia movie ever..........not a chance my friend.
I think you forgot all about the godfather, which is not only the greatest mafia movie of all time but the greatest movie of all time.

BTW: Al Pacino was great in both movies. espeacially in the scene where he shoots everybody in the balacony (the one in your avatar)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
When my favourite director (De Palma) and scenarist (Stone) unite their respective talents it can only be wonderful !!!
Sure, specially that this movie is a remake of Scarface from 1932 year, made by Howard Hawks, so the guys had good story already and just made some changes.
btw: this original Scarface established new kind of cinema: mobs movies.
So that was one of the most important movies then.

However the remake was much famous I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Scarface: I watched it loooong time ago, so I need to refresh my memories first, cause I bet I will have very different thoughts now after watching it, than 15 years ago, when I saw it first time.

OP
Stevie

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
    Yeah, a great movie for sure, one of the best movies i ever seen. But the best mafia movie ever..........not a chance my friend.
    I think you forgot all about the godfather, which is not only the greatest mafia movie of all time but the greatest movie of all time.

BTW: Al Pacino was great in both movies. espeacially in the scene where he shoots everybody in the balacony (the one in your avatar)
    Only the 1st 2 godfather movies are great, the rest get really boring.
    I love the bit where he stabbs him with a pen dats quality.:cool:
    :D

OP
    Stevie

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Quotes from Scarface [1983]:
    Tony Montana: I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Frank Lopez: Rule number one: don't underestimate the other guy's greed. Rule number two: don't get high on your own supply.

M.C. at Babylon Club: Another great night here at the Babylon, right? Okay. All right! Do another gram, you'll all be babblin' on.

to Sosa's assassins
    Tony Montana: I'm Tony Montana! You **** with me, you ****in' with the best!

Tony Montana: I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.

Frank Lopez: You thought Omar was a stoolie because Sosa said so? You bought that line?!

Bernstein: Every day above ground is a good day.

Tony Montana: You wanna **** with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Tony Montana: Make way for the bad guy.

Hector the Toad: Are you gonna give me the cash, or do have to kill your brother first, before I kill you?
    Tony Montana: Why don't you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits!

Elvira: Don't toot your horn honey, you're not that good.

Tony Montana: Who put this thing together? Me, that's who! Who do I trust? Me!

Immigration Officer #1: What about homosexuality, Tony? You like men, huh? You like to dress up like a woman?
    Tony Montana: What the **** is wrong with this guy, man, are you kidding me or what?
    Immigration Officer #2: Just answer the questions, Tony!
    Tony Montana: OK, no! OK? **** no!

Alejandro Sosa: I only tell you once, Tony. Don't **** me. Don't you ever try to **** me.

Tony Montana: Listen, I never ****ed over anybody in my life who never have it coming to them. You got me? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. You understand? That piece of shit up there, Omar, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he was the one who had me set up in which my friend, Angel Fernandez, was killed. But that's history. I'm here, he's not. You want to go on with me, you just say so. You don't, then you make a move.

Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
    Manny: Oh, well what's coming to you?
    Tony Montana: The world, Chico, and everything in it.

Tony Montana: You know what capitalism is? Getting ****ed!

Tony Montana: This is paradise, I'm tellin' ya. This town like a great big ***** just waiting to get ****ed.

Immigration Officer: Where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy, eatin' *****?
    Tony Montana: How'm I gonna get a scar like that eating *****?

Immigration Officer: Where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy, eatin' *****?
    Tony Montana: How'm I gonna get a scar like that eating *****?

Omar: Watch my back.
    Tony Montana: Better than your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch.

Alejandro Sosa: I only tell you once. Don't **** me, Tony. Don't you ever try to **** me.

Alejandro Sosa: Alberto is an expert in the disposal business.

Elvira: Can't you stop saying **** all the time?

Tony Montana: Hey baby what is your problem? Huh, you got a problem? You're good looking, you got a beautiful body, beautiful legs, beautiful face, all these guys in love with you. Only you got a look in your eye like you haven't been ****ed in a year!
    Elvira: Hey, Jose. Who, why, when, and how I **** is none of your business, okay?

Tony Montana: I got ears, ya know. I hear things.
    Frank Lopez: Yeah? What do you hear about Echevierra and the Diaz brothers? What about them? What about Casper Gomez? What is he gonna do when you start moving 2000 keys?
    Tony Montana: **** Casper Gomez! And **** the ****in Diaz brothers! **** 'em all! I bury those coachroaches!

Immigration Officer #1: What do you call yourself? Como se liama?
    Tony Montana: Antonio Montana. And you? What do you call yourself?
    Immigration Officer #1: Where did you learn to speak English, Tony?
    Tony Montana: In a school. And, my father, he was from United States. He was like you, you know, a Yankee. He used to take me a lot to the movies. I learned from watching those like Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney. They teach me to talk. I like those guys. I tell myself one day I come here, the United States.

after Tony gave her a big wad of money
    Mama Montana: Who did you kill for this?

Tony Montana: You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.

Tony Montana: Here pelican, pelican, pelican...

Gina Montana: I like Fernando, he's a fun guy and he's nice... and he knows how to treat a woman.
    laughing

Tony Montana: Dat's because ju gotcha head stuck in jo cooter!

during the final shootout with Sosa's army
    Tony Montana: You think you can ****in' take me? You'll need a ****ing army if you think you're gonna take me!

to her son Tony

Speaking of Elvira

Tony Montana: Your 50. You got a bag for a belly. You got tits, that need a bra, they got hair on 'em. You got a liver, with spots all over it, and your eatin' dis ****in' shit and lookin' like these ****in' rich mummies.

about to kill Hector
    Tony Montana: You die, Mother****er! Look at you now, you piece of shit.

Alejandro Sosa: Tony what happened?
    Tony Montana: Aww, Alex, we had some problems you know, your man he wouldn't listen to me so I had to cancel his ****ing contract.

Tony Montana: You wanna waste my time, OK? You wanna play rough?

Frank Lopez: Please don't shoot me Tony, please!
    Tony Montana: I ain't gonna shoot you.
    Frank Lopez: Oh, thank you! Thank you!
    Tony looks at Manny
    Tony Montana: Manny, shoot that piece of shit!

Tony Montana: NOW you're talking to me, Baby.
    Elvira: Don't call me "Baby". I'm not your "Baby".

Tony Montana: I didn't come to the United States to break my ****ing back.

Tony Montana: Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!

OP
    Stevie

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    For those who have sky digital scarface will be shown on sky cinemas at 10.10pm ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)