Santa Cruz (1 Viewer)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
The best thing about Santa Cruz is song he featured in "Ich Roque" :D

IMO he's pretty good player just he is to much injury prone and that's the one of main reasons he never shined. But maybe if he gets enough playing time in some mid table club he could revive his career.

OP
suligodsilla
Jun 7, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    i hope he will improve more, he deserved it. but should he go to Betis Sevilla, i would be also happy. Hector Cuper is there the new Coach, and the guy is hell of a coach.

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    Roque Santa Cruz has been told by Bayern Munich he has no future at the club - just a day after the Paraguay striker bagged a Copa America hat-trick.

The 25-year-old was the star of the show as his country hammered Group C rivals Columbia 5-0, but his international form is carrying no weight in the striker-spoilt Allianz Arena.

Since signing Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose, Ze Roberto, Franck Ribery and Jan Schlaudraff, Bayern Munich boss Ottmar Hitzfeld is desperate to trim the wage bill and hinted a transfer would happen sooner rather than later.

"We don't want to keep hold of Roque for another four to six weeks," he said.

Last year, Hertha Berlin showed an interest in the striker, whose current deal runs until 2009, and they may now return to try once again to prise him away.

Wolfsburg, managed by former Bayern coach Felix Magath, are also in the frame.

http://theworldgame.com.au/germany/index.php?pid=st&cid=91005

OP
    suligodsilla
    Jun 7, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    Santa Cruz Asks For Roma Or Milan Move

Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz, talks about his possibility of joining AS Roma or AC Milan…

zoom - galleria Santa Cruz began speaking about his current situation at Bayern Munich.

“I am looking for a different club as I won’t continue with Bayern Munich anymore,” he said.

“My contract will expire next year but I am allowed to rescind it."

He insisted, though, that he was not leaving to avoid competition with Luca Toni: "I am not inferior to Toni, and I can assure you that time will tell."

Then Santa Cruz revealed his desire to play in the Serie A: “My manager has said that two English clubs are keen to sign me. However, I would like to play in Italy.

"I really like Totti’s Roma, it’s a club that plays a modern and aggressive style. It would be my ideal team, that’s for sure.

"If not Roma then AC Milan could be an idea. I remember that two years ago, Cesare Maldini mentioned my name to the club’s leadership.

"What a dream it would be to play with AC Milan, especially if you consider that I would team up with Ronaldo up front.

"I’d say, hand me a contract and I would pen it straight away."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)