Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (40 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just took flights from BWI to Detroit and back, and the only people who were allowed to carry a firearm beyond the "TSA Security" were folks reading a newspaper. The TSA goons seemed more concerned about bossing people around than scanning for "banned" items in carry-on suitcases. One guy in Detroit who scanned my bag was seemingly asleep at the switch, didn't seem like he was really paying attention. But this is what you get with an uneducated, very inadequately trained group of government "officials" who really do not serve any purpose at all. I don't really care if they need to feed their family, so does everybody else with legitimate jobs.

The big problem with the nation truly resides in trusting the government and adoring the media. Essentially everything the former tells you is a lie, while the latter just skews the lies to fit their own agenda, which is to gain ratings. If you have a President that says he'll veto a bill regarding indefinite detainment, then actually signs the same bill while providing weapons to Islamic fundamentalists in Libya and Syria (then bombing them via predator drones), you really have a fuucked up, insane government that even a true Liberal would abhor.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the next four years. I'll tell you what, from my time in Michigan, there's such a divergence between the Obama leechfuuck folks and the we know Washington is foreign group that this will not end well. The Detroit area has been such a decimated metropolis by the Federal Government under Clinton and Bush that you probably have a microcosm of the US as a whole. As they try to allow concealed carry in public schools, which was just vetoed by the governor, this divergence will probably increase as you have two population sets that want two different things. As the economy continues to deteriorate, there will certainly be that population that demands more handouts, which is beyond the government's spending means. And if they don't get it, they could very well escalate flashmob violence or riots against whomever they think is at fault for the disaster.

I can certainly see why some folks are stocking up on firearms and ammunition. Trends rule all, and this country is trending downward fast, any idiot can see that.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can count on ME waiting for you in the parking lot!
Classic.

My boss is from California, she has nothing but good things to say about it.
She must not know much about municipal bonds and cost of living. Not surprising, she probably has an oil field named after her.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've heard the Napa Valley is wonderful and I'd probably want to move there, but the cost of living is too high and that is due to the housing/techno bubble and excessive government.

Speaking of bubbles, let me slurp another round of cough syrup.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

And you can count on ME waiting for you in the parking lot!
:lol: love that movie and Jaws is the best part.
I just took flights from BWI to Detroit and back, and the only people who were allowed to carry a firearm beyond the "TSA Security" were folks reading a newspaper. The TSA goons seemed more concerned about bossing people around than scanning for "banned" items in carry-on suitcases.
Every single time i have ever gone through TSA i have been harassed and bullied by at least one of the officers for absolutely no fucking reason. I swear they intentionally hire large incompetent goons who are there just to get off on the minor power trip they get from their job.

A few days ago when i was leaving SFO some old dude pulled me aside and held me up for 15 minutes to test my hands for residue of bombs or some shit. Dumbass was so busy on his little bs mission of bossing me around he completely missed the bacardi i wasn't supposed to have in my bag.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rep. Gohmert again :heart:

That guy is by far the most stupid guy in Congress :lol2:
Wrong.

This guys is:

And he was reelected, too. Just goes to show how stupid his voting populous down in George-gia happens to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Every single time i have ever gone through TSA i have been harassed and bullied by at least one of the officers for absolutely no $#@!ing reason. I swear they intentionally hire large incompetent goons who are there just to get off on the minor power trip they get from their job.

A few days ago when i was leaving SFO some old dude pulled me aside and held me up for 15 minutes to test my hands for residue of bombs or some $#@!. Dumbass was so busy on his little bs mission of bossing me around he completely missed the bacardi i wasn't supposed to have in my bag.
Some of them are nice, others are on a power trip. You can spot the latter from a mile away. They stick their chest out, are very vocal, and seem to have this air of entitlement. These folks carry a badge which is based on weeks of training and one single supposed terror attack; perhaps they have custom-made blue gloves at least. I look forward to them patrolling the friendly... umm... highways.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57318666/tsa-expands-from-airports-to-tenn-highways/

Scum of the earth leecfuucks. This is nothing but forcing a slave mentality upon the population. That's all it is. Just another pathetic, useless form of government.

- - - Updated - - -

TSA... dey keep us da safe for da terorissssstss :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Swag, this is why I just can't help but think you constantly lie about this stuff. It's obvious it was coming. Why do Liberals love to lie so much?

Cuomo Says He’ll Outline Gun Proposal Next Month

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/n...ll-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=2&

:howler:

Just get a fuucking clue already.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've heard the Napa Valley is wonderful and I'd probably want to move there, but the cost of living is too high and that is due to the housing/techno bubble and excessive government.

I'm posting from there right now.

It's alright. Media has made it out to be too fairytale though. You've got a bunch of East Coast schmucks wearing sweaters around their shoulders who think winemakers are elite alchemists when the reality is that they're farmers with dirt under their fingernails. But that doesn't stop people from selling the illusion to all the tourists - international and locals alike.

Here in Napa town, however, the locals shop at WalMart, eat tacos, and own guns. You sometimes see roadside signs for people selling live goats to slaughter and eat yourself the way some places sell Christmas trees. Not the stereotype they sell to the outside world.

And the cost of living here is high, but not as outrageous as other parts of the state. Depends on how idyllic a neighborhood you're looking to settle in.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Swag, this is why I just can't help but think you constantly lie about this stuff. It's obvious it was coming. Why do Liberals love to lie so much?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/n...ll-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=2&

Politics is the art of people telling their voting bases what they want to hear. Show me a politician - liberal or conservative - who doesn't lie, and I'll show you an unemployed political advisor or lobbyist.

You bewilderingly act like this is news or that lying is somehow a political monopoly. :confused2

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm posting from there right now.

It's alright. Media has made it out to be too fairytale though. You've got a bunch of East Coast schmucks wearing sweaters around their shoulders who think winemakers are elite alchemists when the reality is that they're farmers with dirt under their fingernails. But that doesn't stop people from selling the illusion to all the tourists - international and locals alike.

Here in Napa town, however, the locals shop at WalMart, eat tacos, and own guns. You sometimes see roadside signs for people selling live goats to slaughter and eat yourself the way some places sell Christmas trees. Not the stereotype they sell to the outside world.

And the cost of living here is high, but not as outrageous as other parts of the state. Depends on how idyllic a neighborhood you're looking to settle in.
I prefer St. Helena

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mt. St. Helena :analcanon:

True story, bro: my mother-in-law lived in St. Helena in the 1960s (OK, more Yountville). Back then there was nothing/nobody. Every few hours, a truck might drive by Highway 29 and folks would stop what they're doing to see what was going on.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Mt. St. Helena :analcanon:

True story, bro: my mother-in-law lived in St. Helena in the 1960s (OK, more Yountville). Back then there was nothing/nobody. Every few hours, a truck might drive by Highway 29 and folks would stop what they're doing to see what was going on.
Sounds like everything below the mason- Dixon prior to 1996

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sounds like everything below the mason- Dixon prior to 1996
My neighbors across the street in SF have a home up in St. Helena they use a lot on weekends. They're big drinkers of serious French wines. The story is that they quit a few wine club memberships and were able to take on the mortgage. :shocked:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Wrong.

This guys is:

And he was reelected, too. Just goes to show how stupid his voting populous down in George-gia happens to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of them are nice, others are on a power trip. You can spot the latter from a mile away. They stick their chest out, are very vocal, and seem to have this air of entitlement. These folks carry a badge which is based on weeks of training and one single supposed terror attack; perhaps they have custom-made blue gloves at least. I look forward to them patrolling the friendly... umm... highways.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57318666/tsa-expands-from-airports-to-tenn-highways/

Scum of the earth leecfuucks. This is nothing but forcing a slave mentality upon the population. That's all it is. Just another pathetic, useless form of government.

- - - Updated - - -

TSA... dey keep us da safe for da terorissssstss :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Won't happen. They might ban the sale of weapons but they are NEVER going implement policy to take them forcibly from unwilling hands. That's insanely unrealistic in this country when the populace is more heavily armed than the police.

You would putting the local pd or whoever is expected to go door to door in immense amount of danger. Cops would be getting shot left and right by cooks with stores of guns and ammunition who would rather die than let a black president take their guns away.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Well Napa Smith is one of the best ales I have ever tasted.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Won't happen. They might ban the sale of weapons but they are NEVER going implement policy to take them forcibly from unwilling hands. That's insanely unrealistic in this country when the populace is more heavily armed than the police.
I'm with you. It's not even a question.

Anyone who takes that seriously scores high on my paranoia test, IMO. Even with all the chain-rattling about firearms over the past couple of decades, clearly the trends are for less regulation and not more.

To think otherwise is like having a snowstorm and freaking out that we're entering a new Ice Age.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Why is open carry retarded? Its more of a deterrent seeing an unconcealed gun I would think
No. Where do you live that you need to have your gun show to deter crime when walking out in public?

I'm with you. It's not even a question.

Anyone who takes that seriously scores high on my paranoia test, IMO. Even with all the chain-rattling about firearms over the past couple of decades, clearly the trends are for less regulation and not more.

To think otherwise is like having a snowstorm and freaking out that we're entering a new Ice Age.
I agree, nothing's gonna happen. Hopefully stricter rules as to who's allowed to buy and use guns but no way they'll stop selling them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)