Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (36 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I never bought that whole "intruder in my house" excuse. First of all, people who rob your house usually do it while there's no one home. And in any case, a trained dog would be a much better investment to protect your house. Now I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to have guns, it's a part of the constitution and rightfully so, but there should be stricter measures in place to determine who gets them and once you get them, don't let your fucking kids get their hands on them, regardless of how old they are.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think people should be able to own guns, but screw the constitution. People act like it's a religious text when it's really written by a bunch of white racist male business owners who hadn't a fucking clue about how a modern society would work 200 years after their deaths.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I never bought that whole "intruder in my house" excuse. First of all, people who rob your house usually do it while there's no one home. And in any case, a trained dog would be a much better investment to protect your house. Now I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to have guns, it's a part of the constitution and rightfully so, but there should be stricter measures in place to determine who gets them and once you get them, don't let your $#@!ing kids get their hands on them, regardless of how old they are.
In the end you point out another part of the problem. common sense is something people should use with weapons as with any other thing. We have had guns in my family forever and no kid has ever been near one let alone look at it because there would be severe ass whoop. Then when I was of age my father explained to me the weapon, explained to me the ins and outs and dangers and uses. Knowledge respect and a fear of both my father and the weapon

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In the end you point out another part of the problem. common sense is something people should use with weapons as with any other thing. We have had guns in my family forever and no kid has ever been near one let alone look at it because there would be severe ass whoop. Then when I was of age my father explained to me the weapon, explained to me the ins and outs and dangers and uses. Knowledge respect and a fear of both my father and the weapon
That is one thing I very much appreciated the first time I went out shooting with my brother. He was obsessive about gun safety. I mean, the guy should be if he's a cop. I got a good 30 minutes of training/lecture before he even let me touch one of his guns.

But if only more people were that way...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think people should be able to own guns, but screw the constitution. People act like it's a religious text when it's really written by a bunch of white racist male business owners who hadn't a fucking clue about how a modern society would work 200 years after their deaths.
fair enough, but for the most part it's been pretty spot on :D

Yeah, but people who go on shooting sprees don't have that. They tend to be crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

when i was a kid, i found out my fam kept guns at the top of a big cabinet and when i told them about it they moved em :lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not exactly. Take the second amendment (an amendment, or correction, to the original constitution no less) -- the so-called right to bear arms. It was conceived more for a time of public militias where local communities had gun lockers for the volunteers. It was not conceived in a time of private gun ownership for every man, woman, and child in their homes.

Today, you say "militia" and it has a totally different meaning.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

Yeah, but people who go on shooting sprees don't have that. They tend to be crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

when i was a kid, i found out my fam kept guns at the top of a big cabinet and when i told them about it they moved em :lol:
Case in point and those people who have those issues aren't concerned about gun laws or gun control. It goes back to my first post the issue is societal and cultural.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Not exactly. Take the second amendment (an amendment, or correction, to the original constitution no less) -- the so-called right to bear arms. It was conceived more for a time of public militias where local communities had gun lockers for the volunteers. It was not conceived in a time of private gun ownership for every man, woman, and child in their homes.

Today, you say "militia" and it has a totally different meaning.
By pointing out the word amendment you make it seem like it was ratified yesterday. But anyways, I did say for the most part and no matter how it was written, my point is that it still applies today.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
By pointing out the word amendment you make it seem like it was ratified yesterday. But anyways, I did say for the most part and no matter how it was written, my point is that it still applies today.
But the point is that if the originators of the constitution were as infallible as some make them out to be, we'd never need amendments.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
well yeah. the bill of rights itself is a bunch of amendments but they were written at the same time of the constitution. the basic point they try to get across is unchanged, but seeing how people love finding loopholes, the const. has to be reinforced with new amendments all the time. it's not as much new values, as it is a way to keep the old ones still relevant.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
it's not in the bill of rights tho :p

- - - Updated - - -

but yeah, no i agree. changes will be made all the time. nothing wrong with saying something's constitutional even if it was written in the 1700s. you said it yourself, amendments are made all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)