Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (37 Viewers)

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Charlotte (6), Daniel (7), Olivia (6), Josephine (7), Ana (6), Dylan (6), Madeleine (6), Catherine (6), Chase (7), Jesse (6), James (6), Grace (7), Emilie (6), Jack (6), Noah (6), Caroline (6), Jessica (6), Avielle (6),
Benjamin (6), Allison (6), Rachel (29), Dawn
(47), Anne Marie (52), Lauren (30),
Mary (56), Victoria (27)​

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I am definitely purchasing firearms for Christmas. By the end of Obama's Presidency, he will have an outright ban on guns. From the Fast and the Furious gun running into Mexico to demonize the second amendment, to all the media hype over every single shooting that doesn't involve someone who is African American, they're coming for your weapons.

You have to be an idiot not to want to own a firearm in these crazy times.
Agree 100%

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
You know states like California and New York have the strictest weapons laws in the country and some of the worst rates of violent crime. On the other hand, states like Arizona and Texas, where any random person could be carrying at any time, unsurprisingly have far less assaults, home invasions, car jackings, $#@!s etc because even the criminals don't want to get shot.
Case in point!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My brother is a cop, so I'm not exactly a stranger to guns and gun lovers.

That said, the thing that disturbs me most about some gun advocates I've encountered in his circles is how their motivations are entirely emotional and not at all rational. It's as if the chance of killing the exceptionally rare home intruder bad guy >>> killing 8 of your family members and friends because of the increased risk of having a firearm in your home. It's putting such a higher value on death than life -- on the chance of killing the one bad guy is worth accidentally killing multiple family members and friends in exchange.

It's basically being motivated to punish many innocents in collateral damage just so that one dishonest person never comes out ahead. That's the part that really bothers me. It's Moby Dick Ahabian in its skewed obsession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)