Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
close this thread down, burn it, build an autonomous zone around it, throw badass in it with one week worth of food and let him build his paratici shrine there

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cause they won 8 titles and 4 coppas in 8 years?
Yes. They won those titles. It had nothing to do with the coaches, and some of the players, in spite of the management constantly chopping and churning, throwing Allegri curve-balls and weakening the midfield. Yes, let's just pretend that shit didn't happen, like selling both Vidal and Pogba to bringing in inferior replacements, from having an awesome midfield to what it is now - a modicum of mediocrity.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yes. They won those titles. It had nothing to do with the coaches, and some of the players, in spite of the management constantly chopping and churning, throwing Allegri curve-balls and weakening the midfield. Yes, let's just pretend that shit didn't happen, like selling both Vidal and Pogba to bringing in inferior replacements, from having an awesome midfield to what it is now - a modicum of mediocrity.
Since they appointed the coaches, one of them scouted the players and were successful in doing so, I belive they have every right to smile. You do realize that this guy's have guided Juve through an era of unprecedented succes?
You are acting like our success doesn't mean nothing and they don't have any merit.
Other people gave a helping hand but are not in the picture.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Since they appointed the coaches, one of them scouted the players and were successful in doing so, I belive they have every right to smile. You do realize that this guy's have guided Juve through an era of unprecedented succes?
You are acting like our success doesn't mean nothing and they don't have any merit.
Other people gave a helping hand but are not in the picture.
Ah. Tootsie, who was willing to sacrifice Dybala for Lukaku. You want me to praise that fraudulent fuck?

I give Agnelli props for being a visionary, but I honestly don't see what role Nedved has in all of this. He just seems like a passenger to me. A great football icon and club legend? Absolutely. I honestly have no idea what else he contributes, aside from being good friends with Raiola.

They also got rid of Allegri to appoint Sarri, and have consistently weakened the midfield.

We still haven't won in Europe, so I wouldn't call it unprecedented success. Sure, beating up on weak Serie A opposition is fun, but the two CL finals losses hurt, and we don't seem any closer to getting back to another final with the way we operate regarding quick fixes and stop gap solutions in midfield. Also, we have a lot of deadweight, ageing players, and players on insane wages. That's also on management.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ah. Tootsie, who was willing to sacrifice Dybala for Lukaku. You want me to praise that fraudulent fuck?
As much as we seem to despise Paratici for this, which is absolutely fair, the background to it is still there;

1) He was coming off a really shit season (context included or not) and doubts crept in.
2) Even as recently as yesterday Sarri is talking about tactically struggling to include both Dybala and Ronaldo in his side. Essentially he has two champions playing off-centre who he gives a bit of a free role. This also causes problems in midfield.

It's not quite so black and white as being made out...but yeah, odd move.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you for signing Ronaldo and DeLight for us, B81, when Paratici wasn't looking.
Do you think Tootise would have pulled that off without Agnelli's consent? I praised Agnelli for being a visionary. The other two? I have strong reservations about them and their roles.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as we seem to despise Paratici for this, which is absolutely fair, the background to it is still there;

1) He was coming off a really shit season (context included or not) and doubts crept in.
2) Even as recently as yesterday Sarri is talking about tactically struggling to include both Dybala and Ronaldo in his side. Essentially he has two champions playing off-centre who he gives a bit of a free role. This also causes problems in midfield.

It's not quite so black and white as being made out...but yeah, odd move.
True, but Sarri is a mediocre coach (a downgrade from Allegri), and you don't just give up on your star player after one bad season. There are other players that have been much worse for us, and yet they get a pass year in year out.

Also, they've constantly ignored the midfield.

Ronaldo won't be around forever, and selling the younger player to accommodate an ageing veteran is never a good idea. Imagine we had kept Baggio and sold Del Piero? Baggio is my all time favorite player, along with Ziziou, but keeping DP was the right move.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

I give Agnelli props for being a visionary, but I honestly don't see what role Nedved has in all of this. He just seems like a passenger to me. A great football icon and club legend? Absolutely. I honestly have no idea what else he contributes, aside from being good friends with Raiola.

They also got rid of Allegri to appoint Sarri, and have consistently weakened the midfield.

We still haven't won in Europe, so I wouldn't call it unprecedented success. Sure, beating up on weak Serie A opposition is fun, but the two CL finals losses hurt, and we don't seem any closer to getting back to another final with the way we operate regarding quick fixes and stop gap solutions in midfield. Also, we have a lot of deadweight, ageing players, and players on insane wages. That's also on management.
This guy's reached the top which was an achievement by itself and maintained the status quo for eight years with two cl finals against teams that were having two times the budget of our team and you think this is not a period of unprecedented succes.
We are tenth in revenue and by all means we should not count in the football world based on that, yet we do and have only this guys to thank.
This guys did miracles and are still trying to do just that in a league that doesn't seem to give a sh*t in moving forward.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you for signing Ronaldo and DeLight for us, B81, when Paratici wasn't looking.
I was actually planning to bring in Pogba and Tonali this summer, before Covid struck. Mark and I were working on the Tonali deal, but Mark refused to increase agent fees, so he's probably going to Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy's reached the top which was an achievement by itself and maintained the status quo for eight years with two cl finals against teams that were having two times the budget of our team and you think this is not a period of unprecedented succes.
We are tenth in revenue and by all means we should not count in the football world based on that, yet we do and have only this guys to think.
This guys did miracles and are still trying to do just that in a league that doesn't seem to give a sh*t in moving forward.
Again, I have praised Allegri for being a visionary, but what exactly do the other two errand boys do? Until recently, it was Beppe taking care of transfers, and we have a whole different team responsible for finances and our Twitter feed.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Honestly, no one. He'd be our 2nd best mid after Bentancur. I'd take an inexperienced midfield trio of Tonali Bentancur and Aouar over the shit we've been witnessing for over a year with that pathetic midfield.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Matuidi and Ramsey are much better players in their respective roles at this moment. Kid is good and might be a great player in a couple of years, but he is not all that.
Matuidi is good at his respective role, yes. But that's pretty much where it ends. It's great to have a player like him that will run to the ends of the Earth and I value his input, but his lack of ball skills does harm us at times. Ramsey probably has his own dedicated wing at J Medical, you can't count on players that are constantly injured if you have no backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)