Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I don't understand the meltdown either.
Based on the reactions you would think that we missed on prime Vidal or young pogba, when this guy is a little better version of mandragora.
He has potential and he can become a quality player( if he doesn't lose himself down the road) , but never a world class one.
:tup:
Missing on Verratti felt like a crime at that time but i don't feel the same about Tonali. Might turn out good but i don't see it right now. :boh:
Yeah looks good on youtube as every player that has a youtube video, but in real games (not that i watched many of his games) felt underwhelming.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Missing on Verratti felt like a crime at that time but i don't feel the same about Tonali. Might turn out good but i don't see it right now. :boh:
Yeah looks good on youtube as every player that has a youtube video, but in real games (not that i watched many of his games) felt underwhelming.
Yeah and given our track record with youngsters I see why he would choose inda.
I mean who where the last 20 year Olds that made it from a young age in Juve.
Pogba(had prime Vidal a resurgent pirlo and handyman marchisio next to him) and
Marchisio who was so good that he actually made it from the academy.
2 in the last 20 years.
If we count del piero then there are 3 in the last 30 years, I think.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Based on the reactions you would think that we missed on prime Vidal or young pogba, when this guy is a little better version of mandragora.
He has potential and he can become a quality player( if he doesn't lose himself down the road) , but never a world class one.
I agree a little.

He is still very unproven and his current level is overrated. I also don't see where he fits in our system, probably the first choice sub at regista but he seems wasted there and I don't think he adds enough going forward for our mezzala. One of the two in Allegri's 4-2-3-1 would be ideal.

But the potential is clear and at 30m I'm disappointed we seem to have let him go to our biggest rival while we look at Cristante.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i don't see any meltdown, but there's disappointment.

let me explain mine.

juventus started this season with 1 club trained player, and 9 association trained players. look at these italians (+ dybala, who's also qualifies for an association trained player), especially considering how long they are expected to stay with juve:
- buffon: he's 42, will be here for an other year
- chiellini: here for an other year
- bonucci: here to stay
- rugani: on the market
- de sciglio: on the market
- berna: consider him sold at the first opportunity
- dybala: was on the market last summer, let's hope the club will offer him a new contract
- perin: on the market
- pellegrini: ???

so on the long run, we have one single homegrown player (pinso), and two guys who we can expect to stay with juve for more than an other year. maybe you can add pellegrini to that list too. why is it important? because to be competitive in both the league and the cl, you need a large, strong squad, but the 17+4+4 rule has to be respected. and we're already losing some squad slots due to our abysmal youth product, and we risk having shitty italians too.

also, our wage bill is way too fat for our revenue. it's slightly over 70% even without corona effects considered. that's what the 3rd largest wage bill and a barely top10 revenue do to you.

so we need two types of player: good italians and some guys with lower wages. coming from brescia, tonali fits both categories. for 30, on relatively lower wages, he is a no-brainer. let's hope we can bring in castrovilli, but that's a tricky deal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree a little.

He is still very unproven and his current level is overrated. I also don't see where he fits in our system, probably the first choice sub at regista but he seems wasted there and I don't think he adds enough going forward for our mezzala. One of the two in Allegri's 4-2-3-1 would be ideal.

But the potential is clear and at 30m I'm disappointed we seem to have let him go to our biggest rival while we look at Cristante.
He looks as good as Serie B/U-20 Verratti did all those years ago imo. And I’d rather not be missing out on every single one of these young, high potential Italians, from Verratti on forward. Sure, the kid could flop, but he could also be the backbone of our mid for a decade with no worries about him asking to move on, given that he is Italian and we are far and away the biggest Italian club and CL contenders each and every year.

We have a crazy high wage bill, our team is old as heck. And we’ve had pretty big squad turnover of non-Italians over the years. It would be nice if we could sign a couple top young Italians for the future.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's not like we've missed out on every promising younger, it's as if people have forgotten we signed De Ligt, Demiral last summer and kulusevski for next season, love him or not has been far more impressive than tonali, but because he's Swedish and not some fancy Italian he's not flavour of the month. If missing out on Tonali and signing a far better youngster like Aouar then it's a no brainer, still got 4 months till the end of the transfer window, opportunities will arise, don't think for a moment this club will spend this transfer window not fixing that midfield. On the flip side we do have to sell and that will bring about challenges.

Have a bit of patience, nobody ever expected we would sign De Ligt, nobody expected we would sign Ronaldo and yet we did. So we didn't sign Tonali, it was evident in recent weeks we no longer wanted to pursue him, why? we have something bigger and better lined up going by our recent track record.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A good half-season and now Kulusevski has been far more impressive lol. They both had good first halves. But they don’t play the same positions, and Tonali plays a role that young players rarely dominate in.

And yes, Italians are important. Because of squad homegrown and association grown rules in CL, as well as the fact they won’t be asking for a move down the road.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Tonali is Italian. No Italian is worth more than 20 million in today’s market. An Italian player guarantees you 1000 backpasses per game and missed 20 games through vaginal cramp at best.

Juve is targeting ECL, so fug the Italian tradition if it isn’t going to bring us ECL.

Honestly, as an innovative club, it’s time to relocate our youth academy to places where kids actually wants to win cups, such as Brazil/Netherlands/UK. Kids from these place dream of winning the biggest cups in football, while Italian kids dream of scoring a consolation goal against Juve and being held as hometown hero in their farmers racist towns.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Juve is as nationalist as it gets yet the transfer strategy and current squad composition doesn't mirror that

Something is certainly awry

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The current Azzurri squad is quite underwhelming. Not sure the state of the NT is worse than France from 2007-2015

Basically a generation

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The current Azzurri squad is quite underwhelming. Not sure the state of the NT is worse than France from 2007-2015

Basically a generation
Actually, the current Azzurri squad under Mancini is quite formidable, playing some of the best football I have seem them play since 2008. Ventura was a disease, and he was fortunately purged, albeit a little too late.

Italy has a dearth of clinical forwards and quality fullbacks, but central defense, midfield and the wing positions are impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. We rarely ever are lucky enough to find a true gem like Berna.
:yuck: :inter: I still can't believe we paid that much for a fraudulent footballer.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not a whole lot of Juve worthy Italian talents these days and when there are they often at clubs that will do anything to avoid selling to Juve
That’s why taking a chance on a youngster like Tonali with world class potential for only ~30 mil seems like such a no-brainer.

I sure hope this isn’t Verratti 2.0

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Actually, the current Azzurri squad under Mancini is quite formidable, playing some of the best football I have seem them play since 2008. Ventura was a disease, and he was fortunately purged, albeit a little too late.

Italy has a dearth of clinical forwards and quality fullbacks, but central defense, midfield and the wing positions are impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

:yuck: :inter: I still can't believe we paid that much for a fraudulent footballer.
Against who?
Finland, a 3rd tier football team came second in the group.
It's an achievement to have 30/30 points, but that doesn't tell you nothing when it comes to competing against 1st or 2nd tier teams

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

LOLLL quality fullbacks? An injured current Prince Boateng would run circles around any Italian fullbacks born after 1990.

For the longest period, I was wondering if our national team actually hired the guys from one direction to play as our fullback, Looking at how they get their vaagina muscle pulled from squirming away from challenges and losing ball while twirling around on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)