Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2013
Ahaha so true. Given the standard of Italian young ‘talents’ these days, having them in your first team just mean that you are a mediocre club.

Look at every single other top leagues in the world. EPL SpAnish German. There is an unspoken truth that the team with the most Italian will end up fighting for relegation.

Italy as a footballing nation has failed miserably in producing world class talents that aren’t as fragile as an manbun undercut wearing boy band member.
With Eder, Giacherini, Zaza, Florenzi, Darmian.. Italy has been one of the most exciting teams of Euro 2016, giving a lesson to Belgium and Spain, and competing equaly with Germany. I can't believe the new Italian generation is weaker than these players. But for that you need a coach who has ideas and inspires his players the rage to win.
If Cunt was there, Bernardeschi would cry in the shower after each training rather than taking instagram photos with his dog.

I am actually happy to see us being flexible and agile enough to spot international talents instead of being held back by Italian footballing failures.
We take the remains, exception of De Ligt, Real, Barca, Bayern are not beaten to have Rabiot, Matuidi, Ramsay, Khedira...

The only thing that I’m pissed about is that Paratici has failed to get rid of dead weights in this club.
Vicious circle is like Americans who get a new credit card to pay off their previous credit.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
With Eder, Giacherini, Zaza, Florenzi, Darmian.. Italy has been one of the most exciting teams of Euro 2016, giving a lesson to Belgium and Spain, and competing equaly with Germany. I can't believe the new Italian generation is weaker than these players. But for that you need a coach who has ideas and inspires his players the rage to win.
If Cunt was there, Bernardeschi would cry in the shower after each training rather than taking instagram photos with his dog.

We take the remains, exception of De Ligt, Real, Barca, Bayern are not beaten to have Rabiot, Matuidi, Ramsay, Khedira...

Vicious circle is like Americans who get a new credit card to pay off their previous credit.
Well said, Joe Exotic!

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I still want Tonalli here. I really don't care any other italian young guy out there. Merda can keep the ones they already infected it with their shit.

Just give me Sandro

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ahaha so true. Given the standard of Italian young ‘talents’ these days, having them in your first team just mean that you are a mediocre club.

Look at every single other top leagues in the world. EPL SpAnish German. There is an unspoken truth that the team with the most Italian will end up fighting for relegation.

Italy as a footballing nation has failed miserably in producing world class talents that aren’t as fragile as an manbun undercut wearing boy band member.

I am actually happy to see us being flexible and agile enough to spot international talents instead of being held back by Italian footballing failures.

The only thing that I’m pissed about is that Paratici has failed to get rid of dead weights in this club.
I think that would have been true up until a couple of years ago, but this is the strongest generation of young Italian players for about 20 years, in my opinion.

As examples:

Italy U23 selection in 1998:
1975 - Tacchinardi, Fiore, C. Lucarelli, Baiocco, Castelazzi
1976 - Totti, Nesta, Di Vaio, Oddo, S. Inzaghi, Legrottaglie, Liverani, Corradi, T. Locatelli, Di Michele, Vergassola
1977 - Zambrotta, Toni, Di Natale, Grosso, Perrotta, Abbiati, Coco, De Sanctis, Zanetti, Ambrosini, A. Lucarelli, Cirillo, Biava, Vannucchi, Cassetti, Storari, Rocchi
1978 - Buffon, Gattuso, Barone, D. Portanova, Caserta, Comotto
1979 - Pirlo, Iaquinta, Maccarone, Miccoli, Ferrari, Natali, Terlizzi, Dainelli, Bonazzoli, Tavano, Pellissier, Sorrentino
1980 - Blasi, Pelizzoli, Cossu, Maresca, Semioli, Bellini, Marchionni, Gobbi, Domizzi, Mauri

Italy U23 selection in 2009:
1986 - Marchisio, Osvaldo, Abate, Criscito, M. Motta, Valdifiori
1987 - Bonucci, Giovinco, G. Rossi, Candreva, Astori, Cerci, Sirigu, Sau, Acquafresca, Consigli, Dessena, Antonelli
1988 - Ranocchia, De Silvestri, Ogbonna
1989 - Bonaventura, Acerbi, Darmian, Poli, Schelotto, Okaka
1990 - Immobile, Balotelli, Paloschi
1991 - Insigne, Jorginho, Florenzi, Santon, Soriano, Zaza, Sansone, Borini, Destro, Gabbiadini, Bertolacci

Italy U23 selection in 2020:
1997 - Chiesa, Barella, Meret, Orsolini, Castrovilli, Mandragora, Audero, Romagna, Cistana, Pessina
1998 - M. Locatelli, Cutrone, Adjapong
1999 - Donnarumma, Zaniolo, Bastoni, Lc. Pellegrini, Pinamonti, Sottil, Brignola
2000 - Tonali, Kean, Vignato, Plizzari, Bettella, Bellanova
2001 - Pellegri, Salcedo, Ricci, Armini
2002 - Esposito, Pirola

On the topic of signing "young Italians", the likes of Lorenzo Pellegrini, Romagnoli, Mancini, Cristante, Petagna and Gollini are all 24-25 years old.

Obviously it's much easier to judge players whose careers are either finished or mostly complete than it is to those who are just starting, but I see more potential in this group than that from 10 years ago.

From that group you would have been sure Balotelli, Giovinco, Insigne, Rossi and Santon would have gone on to have glorious careers, and others there looked like 50-cap players, but you never know what the future holds. The difference between this squad and that one is that there was a disastrous event, i.e. failing to qualify for the Euros, and then a sea change in mentality with a coach who recognised that this was a talented group and was prepared to play them. Donnarumma, Chiesa, Barella, Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Sensi and Romagnoli have their foot in the door and are now established internationals, and Tonali and Castrovilli are shortly to be.

Couple of observations:
1) How fucking strong Italian players were 20 years ago.
2) Something about the years ending in "7" seems to be a bit more special than the rest.
I also had a look at players born in 1967 - Roberto Baggio, Lorenzo Minotti, Ciro Ferrara, Nicola Berti, Dario Hübner, Luigi Apolloni, Igor Protti, and our legendary :allegri:

Can't wait to see what the class of 2007 throws up.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I think that would have been true up until a couple of years ago, but this is the strongest generation of young Italian players for about 20 years, in my opinion.

As examples:

Italy U23 selection in 1998:
1975 - Tacchinardi, Fiore, C. Lucarelli, Baiocco, Castelazzi
1976 - Totti, Nesta, Di Vaio, Oddo, S. Inzaghi, Legrottaglie, Liverani, Corradi, T. Locatelli, Di Michele, Vergassola
1977 - Zambrotta, Toni, Di Natale, Grosso, Perrotta, Abbiati, Coco, De Sanctis, Zanetti, Ambrosini, A. Lucarelli, Cirillo, Biava, Vannucchi, Cassetti, Storari, Rocchi
1978 - Buffon, Gattuso, Barone, D. Portanova, Caserta, Comotto
1979 - Pirlo, Iaquinta, Maccarone, Miccoli, Ferrari, Natali, Terlizzi, Dainelli, Bonazzoli, Tavano, Pellissier, Sorrentino
1980 - Blasi, Pelizzoli, Cossu, Maresca, Semioli, Bellini, Marchionni, Gobbi, Domizzi, Mauri

Italy U23 selection in 2009:
1986 - Marchisio, Osvaldo, Abate, Criscito, M. Motta, Valdifiori
1987 - Bonucci, Giovinco, G. Rossi, Candreva, Astori, Cerci, Sirigu, Sau, Acquafresca, Consigli, Dessena, Antonelli
1988 - Ranocchia, De Silvestri, Ogbonna
1989 - Bonaventura, Acerbi, Darmian, Poli, Schelotto, Okaka
1990 - Immobile, Balotelli, Paloschi
1991 - Insigne, Jorginho, Florenzi, Santon, Soriano, Zaza, Sansone, Borini, Destro, Gabbiadini, Bertolacci

Italy U23 selection in 2020:
1997 - Chiesa, Barella, Meret, Orsolini, Castrovilli, Mandragora, Audero, Romagna, Cistana, Pessina
1998 - M. Locatelli, Cutrone, Adjapong
1999 - Donnarumma, Zaniolo, Bastoni, Lc. Pellegrini, Pinamonti, Sottil, Brignola
2000 - Tonali, Kean, Vignato, Plizzari, Bettella, Bellanova
2001 - Pellegri, Salcedo, Ricci, Armini
2002 - Esposito, Pirola

On the topic of signing "young Italians", the likes of Lorenzo Pellegrini, Romagnoli, Mancini, Cristante, Petagna and Gollini are all 24-25 years old.

Obviously it's much easier to judge players whose careers are either finished or mostly complete than it is to those who are just starting, but I see more potential in this group than that from 10 years ago.

From that group you would have been sure Balotelli, Giovinco, Insigne, Rossi and Santon would have gone on to have glorious careers, and others there looked like 50-cap players, but you never know what the future holds. The difference between this squad and that one is that there was a disastrous event, i.e. failing to qualify for the Euros, and then a sea change in mentality with a coach who recognised that this was a talented group and was prepared to play them. Donnarumma, Chiesa, Barella, Zaniolo, Pellegrini, Sensi and Romagnoli have their foot in the door and are now established internationals, and Tonali and Castrovilli are shortly to be.

Couple of observations:
1) How fucking strong Italian players were 20 years ago.
2) Something about the years ending in "7" seems to be a bit more special than the rest.
I also had a look at players born in 1967 - Roberto Baggio, Lorenzo Minotti, Ciro Ferrara, Nicola Berti, Dario Hübner, Luigi Apolloni, Igor Protti, and our legendary :allegri:

Can't wait to see what the class of 2007 throws up.
“Established international” who has never played a big game in their life. Trent Alexander played in two ECL finals.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
By that logic we should not buy a player who isn't TAA.
By that logic, we can sign Salah TAA Alli and could have signed Casemiro Varane etc...

Point is: NO Italian other than Juventus Italian players have appeared in big finals or stay relevant in the world class footballing spectrum over the past ten years. And the Juve ones who has appeared in big finals over the past ten years have ended up losing every one of them. Italian footballing blood is now officially a miserable failure. Juve is smart enough to abandon cultural heritage that hold evolution back.

To be frank, the next step for Juve is to be more ruthless and leave Serie A, or really do a super league. Or even perhaps join EPL. More money and more talents.

If we stay in serie A, i see Agnelli using his political power to remove the law of home grown players. Because the only things that have been homegrown in serie A are horse shiet. Montolivo, Balo, Immobile, Bernadeschi... oh gosh....pains me to see them wearing Azzuri Jersey.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Jus read the transfer fee is 30M, that's a darn good deal to sign such a prospect. Really lousy we missed out on him for the rumoured fee, seems like a much better prospect than Arthur Melo

Jul 2, 2006
all i know is that he will never live up to the hype, if he goes there. we are talking about a circus notorious of being unable to utilize players, now joined with chinese virus, they are the ultimate cesspit.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
No money in the pockets, no Tonali.

It was kind of predictable, really. The debt is kind of too high and the wages are through the roof. It's time to downsize but how do you sell your deadweight on high wages in this market?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Great planning by Tootsie - doesn't even have 30 million to bring in one of Italy's brightest prospects :howler:

Let's see what other unpleasant surprises that fuckstick has for us during the mercato.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Great planning by Tootsie - doesn't even have 30 million to bring in one of Italy's brightest prospects :howler:

Let's see what other unpleasant surprises that fuckstick has for us during the mercato.

- - - Updated - - -

Really makes the amount spent on Kulu look even worse now. Though, that was before the Wuhan virus
You'd think these smaller clubs would be trying to hold out for more cuz its not like they have a ton of players they can sell for a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)