Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I mean, it doesn't surprise me. We've clearly indicated that we're more interested in global stars than guys from Serie A. Isn't it weird though that Inter now is the team built on Italians while we're the team looking for international superstars?

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sensi, Barella, Erikssen and now Tonali? Would be a shame if Inter snapped up another quality CM while Paratici is busy chasing Icardi and signing bosmans in midfield.

Now if Tonali goes to Inter and its not because we've gotten Pogba? Then I really don't understand what they are doing at Juve HQ.

Not doubting the quality of Ronaldo or De Ligt but pursuing some of these massive signings is risking leaving the squad short in key positions and really unbalanced when we are forced to go for whoever else is available regardless of whether they are suitable.

Might be getting us more Twitter followers but is the team, overall, better since Paratici has taken us in this bold new direction?

Anything short of having two new CMs (at least one of starting quality) and one starting quality winger is a failure imo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sensi, Barella, Erikssen and now Tonali? Would be a shame if Inter snapped up another quality CM while Paratici is busy chasing Icardi and signing bosmans in midfield.

Now if Tonali goes to Inter and its not because we've gotten Pogba? Then I really don't understand what they are doing at Juve HQ.

Not doubting the quality of Ronaldo or De Ligt but pursuing some of these massive signings is risking leaving the squad short in key positions and really unbalanced when we are forced to go for whoever else is available regardless of whether they are suitable.

Might be getting us more Twitter followers but is the team, overall, better since Paratici has taken us in this bold new direction?

Anything short of having two new CMs (at least one of starting quality) and one starting quality winger is a failure imo.
Don't worry. I am sure Badass is frantically and frenetically spam emailing his boy Tootsie to ensure he doesn't let us down.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'm wondering what Paratici's doing? Marotta has been quicker than him while we're stalled with an injury prone Arthur. Hopefully he revisits his midfield priorities

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Well considering we already saw Pogba playing for us and we know what he can do - Yeah he is expected to deliver!
Tonali does has time on his side and he has some very good qualities but dont fool yourself he isnt anything near Pogba.. He might become WC in a few years but for now he is just a promising young player.
Should we sign him he will be considered as a rotation player and may even hit the bench (depends on him and Sarri).
Should we get Pogba he will be considered as the main man in our midfield so will only be rotated in order to rest
I disagree. Tonali is miles ahead og any other Brescia player. He is outstanding in that team. A lot of Calcio fans rate his performances this season better than Pjanic. And he only just turned 20. We knew the Pogba of 4 years ago. Who is he today? I don't think he's years ahead of Tonali in his development. I will expect more consistent top level performances from a top player in his prime like Pogba. But Tonali will have games where he plays almost as good or better than Pogba.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm wondering what Paratici's doing? Marotta has been quicker than him while we're stalled with an injury prone Arthur. Hopefully he revisits his midfield priorities
Paratici and Agnelli are out there competing for the best talents out there instead of paying obscure amounts on young Italians that could become something. Thinking Tonali would go from the worst team in Serie A to bossing our midfield is not realistic.

Also, there is also the chance that Tonali actually doesn't want to join us because we're not offering him any guarantees while Inter are promising building their whole midfield around him.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Paratici and Agnelli are out there competing for the best talents out there instead of paying obscure amounts on young Italians that could become something. Thinking Tonali would go from the worst team in Serie A to bossing our midfield is not realistic.

Also, there is also the chance that Tonali actually doesn't want to join us because we're not offering him any guarantees while Inter are promising building their whole midfield around him.
Like who? And why can a young Italian prospect not be considered a top talent?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
50 mill for tonali or 50 mill for Auour? I'll pick the latter anyday
I think Aouar is more of a B2B than Tonali. His profile seems like something we have trouble finding recently. I would probably pick him.

But a lot depends on the shape of the team. In a 2 man midfield, I would prefer Bentancur-Tonali. But you would have to fire the coach to see a 2 man midfield.

In a 3 man midfield, probably Aouar-Bentancur-whoever. After Bentancur's performance against Inter, it's clear that he has the capability to play DM at a high level, it's just a matter of consistency.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

Tonali is a special talent. I think he'll surpass Verrattis career

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I disagree. Tonali is miles ahead og any other Brescia player. He is outstanding in that team. A lot of Calcio fans rate his performances this season better than Pjanic. And he only just turned 20. We knew the Pogba of 4 years ago. Who is he today? I don't think he's years ahead of Tonali in his development. I will expect more consistent top level performances from a top player in his prime like Pogba. But Tonali will have games where he plays almost as good or better than Pogba.
I agree on the bolded part but then it ends..
Yeah we knew Pogba of 4 years ago but:
1. He was twice as good for France than for Man Utd
2. He played for Man Utd with a dis-functional team. Im not sure Messi would perform with that team...

As for Tonali its simple - He is twice as good as any Brecia player BUT we are not Brescia.. Arent we..
Pjanic has been crap for 2 years now and definitely needs to go and Im pretty sure he will.
Then we are left with Arthur (Pjanic swap according to rumors), Bentancur, Ramsey, Khedira, Matuidi
Arthur is better than Tonali so if fit he will play
Bentancur is probably untouchable
Ramsey is amazingly underrated - This guy links very well and he defend pretty good as well. Ramsey will definitely bench Tonali
Khedira is useless right now and Im not sure he will be here anyway.
Matuidi - He isnt the same type as Tonali and we actually have no other player like Matuidi which means he will probably be needed
Rabiot is the laziest player I have ever seen and Im sure Tonali can bench him but thats about it..

In other words Tonali would be a rotation player - Of course there are other variance like how Sarri sees him and will he up his game, but the picture is pretty clear.
Pogba - Can dribble, push forward, quite good at creating chances and can definitely shoot a ball.
Obviously Pogba is miles ahead but it doesnt take anything from Tonali who is indeed a great prospect.

P.S Tonali would be better in terms of nationalism identity as he is Italian while Pogba can offer something very good which is also his flaw - Marketability!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
there are two separate things to consider.
1. juve should always go for the best italian talents, and it's never been more important than it is today, simply because of the 17+4+4 rule. we have buffon and chiellini retiring soon, berna, rugani and mds all sub-par for juve (so they could be sold anytime), that leaves us with bonucci as our only italian player destined for a long stay. in 2 years, we'll have difficulties in selecting even a 20-man squad since we don't have homegrowns already.
2. tonali's ambitions. if we try everything to get him and he still picks inda, then fuck him, good riddance.

also, since marotta left us, gdm rarely has good intel from juventus - so it was always marotta who leaked info to gdm. i mean it's probably a legit information, tonali is probably leaning towards inda at the moment. we'll see.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Verratti was doing more impressive stuff while at Pescara. No need to go overboard, let's wait and see
I don’t think that Tonali is a better talent than Verratti, but he can definitely surpass Verratti’s career if he is smart.

Honestly, Verratti’s career has been a bit of a disappointment relative to his talent. He’s never played in anything more than a Champions League quarterfinal. He’s never done anything for Italy. His entire legacy is build on bullying farmers in Ligue 1. He could have been so much more.

That said, he is still only 27 so there is enough time to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)