Samurize (3 Viewers)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Ok, im giving up. How do I use this thing. I've downloaded scripts and none work

Example: the's the BBCinfo.ini script i selected, when i select it, my desktop is filled with File No Found, File not found (see attactment)

How do I fix this?

And how do I use Samurize. I've seen the tutorials, FAQ ects, all they talk about is how to make my own scripts and i dont even understand that.

Help me please!!!!!

PS, im kinda retarted when i comes to me, so when you try to explain this to me, make it as understandable as possible if you can :) thanks a lot :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yep, u gotta edit the scripts to point to the right directory. Initially you'll go script-crazy, but then u eliminate them down to the ones u feel that u'll actually need. Great program :thumb:

@Z: Check my desktop in the "show us" thread, and you'll see samurize scripts running. There's a very useful livescore script, but there weren't any matches imminent at the time i took the screenie, so i hid the script.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i saw that livescore thing...but does it have football (our football) or American football scores?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    hey, sorry i didn't get ur PMs about Samurize before, I was out all day.

and no, u can't get american football, only soccer, tennis and formula 1

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay, what you need to do is: Go to the livescore page.

http://www.livescore.com

There's two functions for the script: writeFile and getLeague.

writeFile downloads all the info on a given page, and creates a temporary file on your computer with all that info. GetLeague takes the 'league' and displays it. So for example, if you go to the livescore page and click "england", the URL will be:

http://www.livescore.com/default.dll?page=england

So the writeFile value is england (case sensitive).

Now in the England page, there's different leagues, right? Copy and paste the league name from the livescore site.

e.g.

England - Premier League
    England - Division I.

If you want to display what's on the default page (livescore main page), leave writeFile blank. If you want all the leagues from a given page, use "All" as the getLeague.

VERY IMPORTANT: have a seperate meter for writeFile that updates every minute. Otherwise the stats will never update

So if you want the livescore script to work, you need to have 2 meters:

1. running the writeFile function, value=italy for example,
    2. your getLeague meter (the one that actually displays the info) should be Italy - Serie A or something.

I hope that makes sense :)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    i'll try it now..

EDIT

dude, it just keeps saying [Not Yet Executed] when i try it...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    did you forget to put the seperate writeFile meter? In the editor, try testing the writeFile script. If the output is a timestamp, you're on the right track.

Also check that the script has the right directories specified.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ok, let me run you thru what i did

first, Add Meter - > Add Active Script

then i chose Livescore.vbs

\/

then i first chose Write File -> Parameter is "england" (without the quotes)

\/

then i Add another Meter -> choose Livescore again
    Then select GetLeague -> parameter is "England - Premier League" (without the quotes)

Am i correct so far? What to do then?

PS im hopeless at this

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yes, that's correct. Your script should run.

btw, i advise u to go to the project options tab in the editor and set a keyboard shortcut for refreshing your script.

Also, make sure the writefile update is set to 1 minute.

Everything should work now.

To verify that the writefile is working, try testing the file. The output should be a timestamp.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    oh btw, the getLeauge meter is the one that actually displays all the data. I put the writeFile meter off somewhere obscure.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

To verify that the writefile is working, try testing the file. The output should be a timestamp.
    im getting file not found

so I checked out the LiveScore script, edit it. Where do I put the FTmp thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)